Sign in to follow this  
BigChef

Sever restart

I haven't read anything on it but what happens if you stay logged in during a restart?

You just get kicked out, no penalties or anything bad happens :thumbsup:

• Like 1

No penalties but as for something bad happening, there are some possibilites..:

If you stay in the server until it is restarted, your character data might get deleted from the past minute or so.
Example: The clock is 17:58 and the server will restart at 18 sharp. You find a weapon that you want to have around 17:59 and test it out/ masturbate on it/ whatever one might do until the server restarts. Then, when you log back in 18:01 that weapon might not be on your character anymore.
It is a safer bet to quit the server about 1 or 2 minutes before a restart to properly save your character data.

Also this is a bit of herp-a-derp, but if you are flying a helicopter or an aeroplane when the server restarts, guess what will happen? After a quick login back you will spawn in the ground and your plane will spawn probably 100m above you and drop down on your head. I've witnessed such an event occurring before.

I assumed that losing gear would be the worst that would happen, the plane crash scenario sounds humorous, for those not under the plane that is.