Sign in to follow this  
lord3n

suggestion for SA related to camp fires

i was thinking as i look at the new insides of the buildings, im seeing some wood stoves in those houses, and got to wondering....

as an alternative to campfires, simply add the wood to the stove and use at night time to stay hidden and not emit as much light, BUT, it would also create a smoke stack at the top of the house, which should be pretty hidden at night, but not during the day. but the fire wouldnt light up the whole surrounding area, maybe just a little patch indoors.

players can search for houses with wood stoves for night time use, may give players another reason to seek inside shelter at night like i think many people would in an actual event.

good? bad?

• Like 5

I remember this was suggested around 3 months ago, everybody absolutely loved the idea, i support this.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

You'd have to have a reason to go to the house. Who makes campfires and sits by them in DayZ for more than 5 seconds to cook their meat?

Maybe if it was much easier to get cold, or nights were actually dark (and you couldn't just boost your Brightness).

• Like 1

You'd have to have a reason to go to the house. Who makes campfires and sits by them in DayZ for more than 5 seconds to cook their meat?

Maybe if it was much easier to get cold, or nights were actually dark (and you couldn't just boost your Brightness).

i sat by them at night during the rain to keep from getting sick. that takes longer than 5 sec and at night, with other players running around potentially anywhere, your a target. might only be for 3 min, but when you have some good gear its a long 3 min.

maybe the house heats you up faster than a camp fire, maybe the entire floor plan of the house heats up to better suit groups that are holding up in them. people dont have to crowd around the fire when the whole inside is warm.

maybe each one has some kind of built in flint and tinder, if your out of matches you can just combine the stove and wood to get a fire.

i dunno, just saying there is potential there.

I use to sit at a campfire in the middle of a coastal road at night, greet passing players and tell cool stories. I never got shot doing that.

• Like 2

I use to sit at a campfire in the middle of a coastal road at night, greet passing players and tell cool stories. I never got shot doing that.

Lik dis if u cry,everytim!