Sign in to follow this  
Never

Yet another idea for 'Solving PVP'

And hey this one might work..

Stop being such a bunch of violent shitbags and shooting everything that moves.

The mods not pulling your trigger finger for you. You are the fecking murderers. You the ones with the guns in your hands are the problem, all trigger happy and hiding behind this 'oh i had to cos he was a bandit (i hope)'.

There are no bandits or survivors in DayZ.

Just lots of hungry, paranoid, potential murderers.

what he said. Killahs gonna kill. Bunnies are going to snuggle.

game is what you make it, don't nerf it for one side or another.

And hey this one might work..

Stop being such a bunch of violent shitbags and shooting everything that moves.

The mods not pulling your trigger finger for you. You are the fecking murderers. You the ones with the guns in your hands are the problem' date=' all trigger happy and hiding behind this 'oh i had to cos he was a bandit (i hope)'.

There are no bandits or survivors in DayZ.

Just lots of hungry, paranoid, potential murderers.

[/quote']

nicely put. Unfortunately there are just lots of murderers in the game at the moment. Just killing people rather than zed-heads because it's more of a challenge for them (and they might get some loot too).

Ever think of this guys, killing that fresh spawn (you know, he's got NO GUN-UNARMED!) is a waste of ammo/time as well as frustrating.

Casual scum gonna casual scum.

You can't help that people are going to be dicks just for the "kicks and giggles". It's bound to happen, as long as there is anonymity.

Totally, crying and raging about it solves nothing. Nerfing the game solves nothing either.

Acting like adults, now, that might get us somewhere! :)

If everyone, stoped being paranoid and started to trust each other that would be a problem but that's very difficult and there's always that one guy that claims he's roleplaying a bad guy (wich dosn't really make sense in a zombie appocalipse, why would you kill everyone? Surely you want your kind to go extinct), or some dude who likes to rack up kill points because he thinks it showcases skill.

But Ingway, he/she are fully entitled to play it that way.

What makes you think people will retain their humanity after an apocalypse? I say they are more likely than not to murder strangers to ensure their own survival.

But Ingway' date=' he/she are fully entitled to play it that way.

[/quote']

I never said he wansn't, i just said that this style of roleplaying dosn't make sense FOR ME. They can roleplay being an infected wich is capable of using guns for all i care.

But Ingway' date=' he/she are fully entitled to play it that way.

[/quote']

I never said he wansn't, i just said that this style of roleplaying dosn't make sense FOR ME. They can roleplay being an infected wich is capable of using guns for all i care.

It's probably a very small minority of the community that is here to role play. And the behavior isn't as strange as you make it out to be - watch The Road.

What makes you think people will retain their humanity after an apocalypse? I say they are more likely than not to murder strangers to ensure their own survival.

Never said i did, i just pointed out that people should stop making excuses for themselves being part of the 'problem' they complain about.

(Today 03:42 AM)Never Wrote: But Ingway, he/she are fully entitled to play it that way.

Agreed, the beauty was always in the freedom.

Fear, loneliness, boredom. People will want to have someone to trust, in case a disaster like this happens, going around mudering everyone will only ensure your own death in the long run if that was real life.

Not to mention, people will have the will to try and recreate communities, of course, ammong the people they think they can trust, strangers would be dealt with extreme care, if not violence. Alone, i highly doubt someone would go around killing every possible companion you find, unless he's a phycopath.

Fear' date=' loneliness, boredom. People will want to have someone to trust, in case a disaster like this happens, going around mudering everyone will only ensure your own death in the long run if that was real life.

Not to mention, people will have the will to try and recreate communities, of course, ammong the people they think they can trust, strangers would be dealt with extreme care, if not violence. Alone, i highly doubt someone would go around killing every possible companion you find, unless he's a phycopath.

[/quote']

I miss people with this mindset. :heart:

game is what you make it' date=' don't nerf it for one side or another.

[/quote']

true but there needs to be balance

Right now the only thing to do is PVP

game is what you make it' date=' don't nerf it for one side or another.

[/quote']

true but there needs to be balance

Right now the only thing to do is PVP

Err, no there isn't...

Granted there isn't much, but just joining in PVP is laziest way of playing with this sandbox.

Some things to do:

>The magical vehicle fixing trail!

>Mountain dew club

>Field Medic

>Sniper/Camper hunting

>trolling people with barbed wire!

>etc etc

I think the fact that bandits ever existed as a 'class', or even humanity in general, absolutely ruined any hope of public teamwork in the game, it was a flawed system that either A) Legitimized 'real' bandits or B) Jaded 'real' survivors because they'd become a self defense bandit (and thus shoot on sight for everyone else)

We entered a PvP spiral of shoot on sight because everyone else shoots on sight, all seeded in the beginning of maybe a handful of 'real' bandits, and the creation of many self defense bandits. Now shoot on sight is par for the course and not shooting on sight means you'll just be shot on sight.

Weaponless spawns help, but only when new, weaponless, players meet other new players that have found guns. A jaded survivor may still shoot the weaponless newbie because of past experiences ("He might betray me when he does get a gun"), possibly jading the newbie, and the cycle continues.

I think the fact that bandits ever existed as a 'class'' date=' or even humanity in general, absolutely ruined any hope of public teamwork in the game, it was a flawed system that either A) Legitimized 'real' bandits or B) Jaded 'real' survivors because they'd become a self defense bandit (and thus shoot on sight for everyone else)

We entered a PvP spiral of shoot on sight because everyone else shoots on sight, all seeded in the beginning of maybe a handful of 'real' bandits, and the creation of many self defense bandits. Now shoot on sight is par for the course and not shooting on sight means you'll just be shot on sight.

Weaponless spawns help, but only when new, weaponless, players meet other new players that have found guns. A jaded survivor may still shoot the weaponless newbie because of past experiences ("He might betray me when he does get a gun"), possibly jading the newbie, and the cycle continues.

[/quote']

This man/woman understands.

Its a self-perpetuating cycle that players are oh so eager to keep alive because it excuses their own behaviour.

Personally I love the thrill of stalking other humans, watching them from afar. There have been numerous occasions where I've had a pretty clear opportunity to kill someone, but let them live. What's so empowering about this is that they had literally no idea I could have ended their life. They have no idea they were kindly spared.

I don't run into many other players usually, but when I do, I'm not always immediately inclined to kill, despite the above.

I 'solve' the pvp problem, by not shooting people on sight. Does it get aggravating when I say I'm friendly, and/or offer to help and am eventually repaid with a bullet, yes. But, despite wanting to just shoot everyone on sight, I'd like to try and turn this around so I hold fire. Exceptions being, if they're already shooting at me I return fire.

I might be trying to be nice, but I'm not an idiot about it either. Follow people for a bit, see if you can figure out what they're like before you rush up and say "hi" to their face. If a few bad apples turned everyone "kill you if you're not in my private chat" maybe we can get a few kind players to start reversing it.

That said, some people just want to watch the world burn. This game wouldn't be as fun if EVERYONE was nice all the time, haha.

PVP isn't bad at the moment, except for the fact you no longer spawn with a pistol.

I don't understand why everybody is bitching.

Learn to adapt or die. THere is nothing wrong with the PVP in this game, in fact without it the game would be extremely boring and more than half the population would quit the game.

Part of the game is surviving and watching over your shoulder. I like the fact that people are trigger happy, it keeps me on my toes, because when you do encounter the battle, there isn't any other game out there that can give you that intense satisfying pvp feeling.