Sign in to follow this  
Ragstorm88

Help a new YouTuber

Hello guys and girls since ive got my new PC ive always wanted to make videos and livestream (when i get some more money for xsplit license) to entertain people and i'm wondering how to grow my channel.For example what kind of videos you guys prefer to watch Kill montages or a long video without cuts, Which game modes Breaking point,dayZ,wasteland or Arma 3.The choise of music any feedback and critics are welcome i need to improve and i hope you help  me :) have a great day.

Here you can watch 2 videos i made 1 month ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qRH-XAfjC4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj14K_ukTaY

• Like 1

For example what kind of videos you guys prefer to watch Kill montages or a long video without cuts

4634632_5befb80ab11ee4c36ce90e6b92a44a5b

• Like 1

Long videos without cuts are usually boring, so I'd say kill montages.

• Like 1

My two cents:

Video link #1: The quality looks good, you're covered there. I didn't like the western music, at first it was kinda cool like a wild west feel, but after hearing it playing for more than 30 seconds it becameinsanely annoying. Try using your mic more, and talk about interesting stuff. most people play dayz so they don't want to just watch videos of people playing by themselves. A huge part of building a fan base is the youtubers ability to keep an audience entertained with conversation or (with a partner) debate. Also, the vignette effect is over done, it just makes it look like you are trying to shove too much "hollywood" into something that really only needs a crisp image and good audio. Also, in sony vegas (which you are quite obviously using) right click on the sound track after to do the time stretch, and in properties check off "lock to stretch". It will remove that annoying choppy sound and make it sound more "matrixy".

Video link #2: I didn't watch the whole thing but from what I saw, it again needs more voice, explanation, humor, and above all interaction. Also, if you want to become a JOOTOOB STAR stop using copyrighted music. You can't monetize and you may get the sound actually removed from your videos if the artist files a claim. You don't have to worry about claims right now, but in the future it could come back and bite you in the ass. there is a plethora of free music on the web, link it in your descriptions as good faith.

I wish you luck, its a hard market to break into ESPECIALLY if you are exclusive to a game that isn't mainstream. DayZ has a fantastic community, but it's not very big compared to games like LoL and shit. At some point you are going to want to consider diversification. Take my advice or leave it, I know i'm not frankie or some other big shot youtube dood, but I am doing my best, and with almost 1k subs in 1 month, I think i'm doing fairly well. The key to success is as follows: DO THIS FOR FUN, this isn't a job, if you want to make money from this then you need to reassess your priorities. My motivating factor is my subscribers, I fucking love and cherish every single god damn one, and I do my BEST to make sure that I provide them with the highest quality of entertainment that I can produce. And lastly, be unique. Don't just follow in everyone else footsteps. Find something that sets you apart and run with it. Your mind is the greatest tool you will ever need. Use it wisely.

Best of luck to you my friend, I hope that you succeed in your endeavor.

Edited by GrumpyGat

Different people like different things, so really it would be best to expiriment and see where you excel, and what content you enjoy making

Because unless you enjoy making it yourself, other people won't like it and it will just waste space on the internet.