joeyslucky22

New website design

Hey guys, I'm having a blast with this mod and love the execution thus far. So much so that right after I finished work today, I couldn't stop until I had something to show (finished in about 7 hours, phew that's a whole nother work day!):

web-menu.jpg

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

I left the "leaderboards" button in an ON state to show what a button highlight would look like.

This isn't much as of right now. I just grabbed a few in-game images and slapped them on but hopefully it doesn't look too awful. This is the only page I have done currently but I could tackle the others tomorrow night.

I'm also willing to mock this up on HTML/PHP as well!

Thanks guys! Keep up the great work with this mod!

Thanks guys! It's 4 am right now and I'm still in the mood to tweak it...

Better or worse with the added smoke bg?

web-menu2.jpg

Ohh I like the smoke. I think it's better. This is absolutely epic by the way. I really hope they use your design. Kudos to you my friend.

To be honest, the site speed needs sorting out, not the design. It takes about 30 seconds to load up a forum post, wtf!

I'm in the UK btw.

So, what is this, $3 shared host? lol

It's probably fairly cheap hosting that isn't ready to handle the amount of traffic that this site generates. Plus I believe their focus is on the Central Server and the amount of traffic that gets hit with.

Acelondoner, wrong thread. Please post your remarks about site loading times in the appropriate thread (it exists), not here. There is probably a reason this thread is called "New website design" and not "General discussion about website and hosting"

Wow thanks for all the support everyone! I'll post another update tonight.

Question for developers:

If I designed it, would it be possible to show a player's current inventory / health / hunger / thirst status on an 'player account page' or something of the such?

would you mind if I had your children?

Why havent you got more Rep, nice work.

Nice job with the idea for an alternative index page. The current one is a little dull.

Hey guys' date=' I'm having a blast with this mod and love the execution thus far. So much so that right after I finished work today, I couldn't stop until I had something to show (finished in about 7 hours, phew that's a whole nother work day!):

http://joeflashedme.com/dayz/web-menu.jpg

I left the "leaderboards" button in an ON state to show what a button highlight would look like.

This isn't much as of right now. I just grabbed a few in-game images and slapped them on but hopefully it doesn't look too awful. This is the only page I have done currently but I could tackle the others tomorrow night.

[/quote']

Does it pass the HTML5 validator?

Hey guys' date=' I'm having a blast with this mod and love the execution thus far. So much so that right after I finished work today, I couldn't stop until I had something to show (finished in about 7 hours, phew that's a whole nother work day!):

http://joeflashedme.com/dayz/web-menu.jpg

[/quote']

Does it pass the HTML5 validator?

I think it's just a mock-up so far, don't think he actually scripted it yet.