kealthkewk

What's this jungle of Dayz mods?

So I've been into the game for some time now, only been playing the simple common vanilla official dayz. But when I surf around on this forum and check the mod filter on the commander I see a jungle of different mods of Dayz. Two common names is this dayz origins and overwatch. Are these mods worth testing or is it smartest to just stick to the vanilla dayz? What are those mods? I'm just a ordinary lone wolf that like to survive in the wilderness. 

It's your choice as to whether or not you try them out.  Origins is kind of fun but I mostly prefer vanilla DayZ.  A lot of people enjoy these mods of DayZ though.  You could try looking up some videos on youtube of these mods and seeing if any of them look interesting to you.

• Like 1

I really enjoy dayzero,taviana,panthera, and lingor when I'm looking for an authentic dayz experience. If I just want to work on my PvP skills, I will typically play origins and spawn in mitrovice... Everyone seems to love spawning in mitro

I maintain a list with a short description of each here

• Like 3

Sadly, I can't find any vanilla Server (with enough people) of my favourite mod Namalsk :(

Vanilla is the absolute best, in my opinion, and here's why:

• Like 70% of the bandit population left to go play Origins, because you literally get a free ghillie suit for shooting other players (instead of the "normal" bandit skin)
  • I have a personal distaste for the ethics and morals of Breaking Point's creator
  • I'm familiar with the Chernarus map, and I don't get the same feeling from the game with other ones (although some of the other maps are really, really fun outside of DayZ)
  • I find the "Other DayZs" more immersion breaking than vanilla. I don't consider them lore friendly, and I feel they undermine Rocket's/his brother's efforts at scientifically and historically explaining the origin of "Zombies" in their game, even before they've had a chance to show it in their own game.
  • Namalsk is maybe the only exception, because I do enjoy the map, even though a lot of it is very empty and there's fences all over the place that are *just* too tall to vault, which is a pain in the ass because they make me run in giant, lootless circles

That all being said, I understand the appeal of the non vanilla DayZ servers.

If you want more guns and tasers, check out breaking point.

If you want to fight super deady monster things that kill you in 2 hits... I think Origins has "Berserkers" or whatever

I'd like to see the house building from origins put into vanilla dayz. I'd really like a secure way to store items.

I don't need all these other maps and stuffs, it's really about patrolling my area of the map on Chernarus like a mindless dog. Heck, I don't even frequent the bottom half of the map on my home server. 

Origins seemed to be tuned more for team play - unless your lowly goal is to be a bandit.

Vanilla fun is dependant on the server, its community and your own imagination ;)

Vanilla is the absolute best, in my opinion, and here's why:

• Like 70% of the bandit population left to go play Origins, because you literally get a free ghillie suit for shooting other players (instead of the "normal" bandit skin)
  • I have a personal distaste for the ethics and morals of Breaking Point's creator
  • I'm familiar with the Chernarus map, and I don't get the same feeling from the game with other ones (although some of the other maps are really, really fun outside of DayZ)
  • I find the "Other DayZs" more immersion breaking than vanilla. I don't consider them lore friendly, and I feel they undermine Rocket's/his brother's efforts at scientifically and historically explaining the origin of "Zombies" in their game, even before they've had a chance to show it in their own game.
  • Namalsk is maybe the only exception, because I do enjoy the map, even though a lot of it is very empty and there's fences all over the place that are *just* too tall to vault, which is a pain in the ass because they make me run in giant, lootless circles

That all being said, I understand the appeal of the non vanilla DayZ servers.

If you want more guns and tasers, check out breaking point.

If you want to fight super deady monster things that kill you in 2 hits... I think Origins has "Berserkers" or whatever

any chance you want to help me out im new to dayZ haha

any chance you want to help me out im new to dayZ haha

Yeah. Take no risks, shoot everyone you see, and don't try fitting guns in your backpack.

Yeah. Take no risks, shoot everyone you see, and don't try fitting guns in your backpack.

Don't you claim to be a hero?

And TimEvans, you can put guns in your pack, just make sure you have 10 free slots for a primary, and 5 for a sidearm.