The Manager

Teleporting back to a previous position

Date/Time:

2-4am (NZ time)

6-8am (Server Time)

What happened:

Will be playing fine with no lag or connection issues and then I'll magically appear in a position I was in earlier.

Teleporting intervals were inconsistent but ranged from 20secs to 5mins (more often closer to the latter).

Teleporting distance was inconsistent but ranged from 200m to 1.5k.

Occurred all night regardless of server, server time or map position.

Made no difference if I was near zeds or none.

Made no difference if I was in combat or not.

Pack always retained gear.

Where you were:

Occurred entire journey from Msta to Novy.

What you were doing:

Anything. Mostly running if I recall correctly. Sometimes shooting zeds. Sometimes standing still. Sometimes crouch walking.

What I was doing didn't seem to make any difference really.

Current installed version:

All versions since (and also possibly before):

Beta 93825

Server(s) you were on:

Chicago 58

Chicago 57

Chicago 35 (I think)

and some other Chicago servers I can't remember.

Your system specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/05/10 19:13:52 Ver: 08.00.10

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8168MB RAM

Page File: 5322MB used, 11013MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 570

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1081&SUBSYS_15783842&REV_A1

Display Memory: 4064 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1248 MB

Shared Memory: 2815 MB

Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)

Monitor Name: SyncMaster 226BW(Digital)

Monitor Model: SyncMaster

Monitor Id: SAM027F

Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.883Hz)

Output Type: DVI

Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um

Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.9610 (English)

Driver Version: 8.17.12.9610

DDI Version: 11

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 3/1/2012 12:02:00, 17642816 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-53C1-11CF-787E-74351FC2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x1081

SubSys ID: 0x15783842

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Driver Strong Name: oem53.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section035:8.17.12.9610:pci\ven_10de&dev_1081

Rank Of Driver: 00E62001

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C

Timeline of events before/after error:

Occurred entire journey from Msta to Novy.

An exact timeline of events isn't really possible as it occurred over 2hrs and I'd be hard pushed to remember exact details. What I do remember is detailed above.

Have since confirmed that this issue is always proceeded by the Debug Monitor disappearing and item use (such as eating, drinking, meds) is very delayed, for example if you select drink water it will take about 30secs-3mins to play drinking sound, replenish thirst and disappear from gear.

Troubleshooting:

This is a list of things myself and other expriencing this isse have tried in atempt to resolve the issue without success:

[PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE SUGGESTING A FIX IN THIS THREAD]

• Removed DayZ and manually updated.
  • Removed DayZ and updated using Six Updater.
  • Removed Arma2 then reinstalled.
  • Tried lower latency servers.
  • Made new profile.

Preventing an Imminent Telebug:

If you notice that your Debug Monitor has disappeared and/or item use (such as eating, drinking, meds) is delayed then Disconnect/Connect. This will prevent you from being Telebugged until your Debug Monitor disappears and/or item use is delayed again. Unfortunately this is NOT A FIX as your Debug Monitor could disappear again within minutes of reconnecting and you'll have to Disconnect/Connect again, this will just prevent you from being Telebugged and losing all your progress.

Edited by The Manager
  • Like 1

this currently happens to me all the time. happened about 10-20 times today. Often when regrouping with my party i'm just being teleported back to a previous location i ware before. however, i'm stuck in this when it happens. I need to relog into my character to prevent teleporting to my previous location again.

after relog on the server (abort -> Disconnect -> Ok -> in again) it works again.

same issue here lol. thought i was going crazy. looted a shop like 10 min ago and driving to next town. got out of the car and i got teleported back to the store we looted 10min before lol

Ha I know what you mean, I got into a big argument with a friend just last night when we were following the power lines past Dubrovka on a rainy night. He somehow got way ahead of me and was telling me that I must've been heading the wrong way but I knew that I was always heading down hill. It wasn't until about 20minutes later that I got telebugged back to another old location that I clicked what actually happened earlier.

I've since updated to 1.7.1.5 and updated all the other mod files and beta and I still I'm having this issue. It makes dayz almost unplayable.

At one stage for no particular reason using all the same files etc. I had a day or two without any telebugs.

Disconnecting doesn't seem to make any difference for me, if it's happening it's gonna happen no matter what I seem to try.

Are you guys running any other programs in the background? I usually have JDownloader and/or Firemin running in the background and I've had problems with these guys interfering with other programs and games in the past. I've tried turning them off while playing dayz but I still get the same issue.

nope, cant remind of any interferring programs running here. it worked for me quite a time now, however it started happening 2 days before.

as i said, i NEED to relog when it happens, because if i don't do, i will be teleported to exactly this one position again and again.

just happened to me again. ran from military camp at balota to cherno, almost at the city i got teleported back into the military camp...

I'd love to hear something from the staff as to why this might be happening and what we might be able to try to fix this. I'm perfectly willing to provide more information and/or test this further if some staff gave me a bit of direction.

happens to me also, relogging solves getting into a never ending loop. but eventually it happens again and its always super sketch.

once today it happened after we looted a chopper crash that had 30ish zeds. i got teled right back on the chopper in the middle of them. second time happened after our group was leaving the nw airfield, i got teled back into one of the hangars surrounded by zed D:

yeah, i know these kind of situations on NW Airfield :P

however i decided to reinstall my whole game. Just finished downloading yesterday. Going to install dayz again today and see if it is still happening.

Let us know if this works. Hopefully it doesn't because I'm not really looking forward to paying for 15gb of data again. (retarded New Zealand internet)

i dont know why that would fix anything, the problem probably stems from the master server not saving your location properly. wasnt there something about it not saving corrupted data for positioning now (to prevent debug forest from happening)? maybe it has something to do with this

I donno. I sure would like to hear something from the staff about it. I imagine they have a shit tonne of other stuff to get on top of though.

it could be possibly because of corrupted update/dayz/beta data, so you don't even post correct positions. Thats why iam reinstalling atm.

also seen a few people in the 1.7.2 thread complaining about this bug. however seems like its not happening to too many people.

tbh i needed to reinstall anyway as my game was crashing 10-30 times a day. Hope i could get everything fixed.

I'm also getting an issue with my Debug Monitor disappearing and coming back randomly.

Also if I drink or eat something it takes about 1-2mins to action.

Not sure if its all related?

i got that issue with the debug monitor also. when you got it, it won't also update properly..however if it is not visible, you can easily bring it up with the "H" button on your keyboard(works for me)

im quite excited about if my reinstall is going to work today. I'll report in later!

This has also happened to me. Relogging has fixed the issue for me however. Also the last time it happened i was alt tabbed, maybe just a coincedence.

Ok so I tried a couple of things and played for 2 hours with no issues so I may have fixed it.

Heres what I did:

In Steam I verified the integrity of game cache for both Arma 2 and Arma 2:OA

Installed 6 Updater and updated from that.

Will keep you guys posted if it's still working or breaks again.

it happends to me aswell. and I think it have to be because it doesnt save when its saving at a corrupt position.

reinstalling didn't help - also got a lot of mates now who experience the same problem in my group.

however, it doesn't occur that often now, after reinstall

Nope my fix didn't work either, issue persists. Yeah I know one other person who gets this issue.

For me it seems to be linked to my debug monitor disappearing, if I disconnect as soon as I see that's it's gone and log back on I can avoid telebugging.

This is pretty annoying.

Same thing happened to me, kept warping back to a supermarket 3or 4 times in a row, and my team were now 30 minutes away at Berezino. I'd never been there before and it was massive. Having no compass made things even harder to find them intially I was completely lost becasue the supermarket were I kept warping to was a long way to it.

Finally get there and i'm prone in the grass, we're talking on TS and then some wanker shoots me.

This happened to me last night; twice I was warped back to the same spot several hundred meters back.

happened to me too. first i though i was crazy.

not sure if this has anything to do with it but i seem to be teleporting back to a pond where i was trying to fill my canteen with no success. after repositioning and attempting to fill about 25 times, i gave up. could it stem from some bug in inventory management?

I'm betting this has something to do with anti-hacking protection, with the hive forcing the server to set a player to his "last known position."

Either way it's got to be fixed asap.