hairyman

2 noob Questions (edited)

hi guys.. just a quick Q, but i have been playing with a coupla mates last few nights, and as they are both soft :) an im a night owl, i was just wondering is it possible to have two characters as obviously id like to stick with my group, as not to get lost and stay together, but when they log off i still WANT to play!!.. so is having two characters do-able, prob not but thought id ask as waiting to the next session when we are all on is killing me :)

cheers

EDIT: second Q...

as i have read all the best weapons etc seem to be in the army barracks, airfields.. could this ever be changed as trying to get there is one thing let alone once making (not hat i ever have..yet!) it being killed by vet players who constantly hold players back by never allowing them to get anytime game time,exp with anything but a hand gun, im not complaining, just asking.

You can have two characters, all you have to do is buy another copy of the game.

You can have two characters' date=' all you have to do is buy another copy of the game.

[/quote']

ahhh.. thanks mate :)

You'd also need another PC. The game goes from the key that's in your registry. A new copy wouldn't do anything because you'd never be able to play it. The game would always recognise the key in your registry.

Unless you put your second copy on a second machine.

You'd also need another PC. The game goes from the key that's in your registry. A new copy wouldn't do anything because you'd never be able to play it. The game would always recognise the key in your registry.

thanks for that, maybe just maybe my laptop could run arma 2 with dayz but id assume..not a chance :(

as i have read all the best weapons etc seem to be in the army barracks' date=' airfields.. could this ever be changed as trying to get there is one thing let alone once making (not hat i ever have..yet!) it being killed by vet players who constantly hold players back by never allowing them to get anytime game time,exp with anything but a hand gun, im not complaining, just asking.

[/quote']

Try finding deer stands as opposed to the barracks at the airfields. Deerstands drop military loot. Firestations in Cherno and Elektro also drop military loot, but are heavily camped usually. There are also some military tents on the northwestern side of Berezino that have decent drops. I wouldn't recommends Balota airfield or the nearby military compound (southern most airstrip) as that is usually a pvp hotspot. Though at night on a low pop server any of those options are feasible with some careful scouting and patience.

thanks for that' date=' maybe just maybe my laptop could run arma 2 with dayz but id assume..not a chance :(

[/quote']

Another option (however, feasibility is starting to suffer I guess) is to re-partition your harddrive and install a second windows 7. Then you get a dialogue at boot asking which version of windows 7 you want to play. So if your friends are offline, you reboot your PC, start your other Windows 7 and you can have fun!!!

No, don't listen to Zarlak, you won't need to get another PC. I helped my friend installed a second copy of operation arrowhead to create a second character, and it worked fine. You would need to buy a steam copy and a regular copy and then that would create two characters, as they both install into different directories.

tldr; You dont need two computers, just two copy's.

as i have read all the best weapons etc seem to be in the army barracks' date=' airfields.. could this ever be changed as trying to get there is one thing let alone once making (not hat i ever have..yet!) it being killed by vet players who constantly hold players back by never allowing them to get anytime game time,exp with anything but a hand gun, im not complaining, just asking.

[/quote']

Try finding deer stands as opposed to the barracks at the airfields. Deerstands drop military loot. Firestations in Cherno and Elektro also drop military loot, but are heavily camped usually. There are also some military tents on the northwestern side of Berezino that have decent drops. I wouldn't recommends Balota airfield or the nearby military compound (southern most airstrip) as that is usually a pvp hotspot. Though at night on a low pop server any of those options are feasible with some careful scouting and patience.

Thanks for the advice... Cheers

No' date=' don't listen to Zarlak, you won't need to get another PC. I helped my friend installed a second copy of operation arrowhead to create a second character, and it worked fine. You would need to buy a steam copy and a regular copy and then that would create two characters, as they both install into different directories.

tldr; You dont need two computers, just two copy's.

[/quote']

Oh yeah, that's a great idea as well... So either cheap with two Windows 7 installs, or two copies.

people actually buy windows ? wow..

1. I never said I buy Windows (I do for company reasons)

2. Yeah, so weird people buy the software they use several hours per day for years and years, but they do buy games they sometimes only play a few hours and then leave it collecting dust. So weird.

Is the key actually in the registry as someone else stated? If so it seems to me it would be easy enough to export that key file to a .reg, manually edit the current key info to the new one, then export that info to a .reg as well. All you would need to do to swap between the two copies is run the reg file for the key you want to use at that time and reboot windows.