Sign in to follow this  
TheDayZViking

Playing The DayZ Mod

So I am considering getting this Mod (and by considering I mean I MUST get this mod) but I don't have Arma 2 Combined Ops.

My only question is a really simple one that probably didn't deserve its own thread, but I didn't know where else to ask this question as there a pretty much zero videos on youtube of this.

My question is: If I was to buy Arma 2 Combined Operations from my local store, (not the Steam version, a actual physical copy) would I still be able to play DayZ and If I could, how would I install it and such?

Thanks.

-Viking

You still can but I'm unable to walk you through on how.  Unless you can not, I would suggest buying it on steam.

Edited by Skat3rat

Yes. You just need a licensed copy of operation arrowhead (which I believe is part of combined ops)

Without the steam copy you would just have to download and install the mod manually

Thank you, would I just download the mod from the main dayzmod website and be able to play (I know you have to play Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead once before playing DayZ) or would I have to download it and then have to move some files around or can I just start up the game and play DayZ, also is it necessary to download one of the 2 programs Six Launcher and DayZCommander or can I just play it without one of those.

After you run the games, get commander. It will download and install almost any map or mod of dayz you want and makes launching any of them a no brainer.