joopz23

Should be finally joining tomoz.

Hey guys!

Just got an email confirming that my pc will be delivered within 24 hours and I have been waiting for damn long to play this game, can't wait :)

Anyways.... I was just wondering if anyone knows of some decent guides to help me get started because I know there is a lot of controls.

Thanks,

Joopz.

P.S Do I need permission from Dean to upload to youtube?

It's best if you figure everything out yourself. It will be more immersive for you that way.

You don't need anyones permission to upload anything

• Like 1

You're free to upload DayZ videos without permission.

I agree with Narkoman14, the experience is a lot more better learning by yourself or with friends.

Thanks guys.

I've got a friend that said he will join me, because I guess this game would be boring on your own.

You're free to upload DayZ videos without permission.

I agree with Narkoman14, the experience is a lot more better learning by yourself or with friends.

Even if i'm partnered? Because I have to put advertisement on all of my videos and some Claim Copyright.

Even if i'm partnered? Because I have to put advertisement on all of my videos and some Claim Copyright.

If you're making a profit from the videos, yes you do need permission.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133522-User-Monetization-of-BI-s-games-Audio-amp-Video-content%28e-g-Youtube-Partnership-Program%29

It's a fairly simple task though.

Edited by BwobBwub
  • Like 1

I heard that the standalone will be coming out this month, so I was wondering is it worth buying arma 2, to play dayz mod? Maybe I heard wrong and it's not out this month.

I personally think it is, yes. Another reason being Arma 2/Operation Arrowhead themselves. For the amount of content one can get out of OA/Arma 2, it is definitely worth the money.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1

I heard that the standalone will be coming out this month, so I was wondering is it worth buying arma 2, to play dayz mod? Maybe I heard wrong and it's not out this month.

You heard incorrect - don't believe anything you hear unless it's directly from Rocket's mouth/a devblog; there's too much of a rumour-mill going with DayZ.

But yes, it's extremely worth it. If you've never played DayZ before, I'd recommend it highly.

Not to mention ArmA2 is awesome in itself.

• Like 1

Okay thanks guys. I'll buy that today then, once my pc arrives.

• Like 1

If you're in the market for nothing but the DayZ experience; I'd personally say no. Buying two games just for a mod doesn't seem like a good idea to me regardless, let alone when the full game is in the works.

However, if you think you might enjoy ArmA 2 even a little, then go for it because it is a beautiful game and mountains of fun, even without DayZ.

If you're in the market for nothing but the DayZ experience; I'd personally say no. Buying two games just for a mod doesn't seem like a good idea to me regardless, let alone when the full game is in the works.

However, if you think you might enjoy ArmA 2 even a little, then go for it because it is a beautiful game and mountains of fun, even without DayZ.

Dis.

Whether or not it's worth it depends on the money you want to spend. If you make 10 bucks a month, it isn't worth it.

I personally think its well worth the money, the amount of fun which you get from this game alone is worth it, without even talking the amount of hours you can play for the money you spent sells it self.

Once you get a squad going and learn the basic of being tactically stealthy the game doubles in fun.

Best money i've spent on a game ever

It's worth buying Arma2/O.A just for Wasteland alone.

ArmA 2 is armazing (See what I did there).  1/3rd of the cost of anything similiar 3x the fun.  Also get ArmA 3 it's like ArmA 2 but lest 'cluncky'

I held off until arma2 went on sale during steams summer sale.  Biggest mistake of MY LIFE.  Dayz is worse than crack (or so I've heard).  I'm gone for a week with the family at the beach and I'm going through serious Dayz withdrawl.  My son is doing better with his Minecraft withdrawl than I am.

Its defiantly worth buying, I have just found out recently that DayZ isnt the only mod that I like and I have started playing alot of just Arma 2: OA and not just DayZ. I would suggest buying it.

Buy it, you will not be dissapointed so many hours of gameplay with just wasteland, city life etc.

Hey guys!

I'm in the process of downloading arma 2 c/o, but I noticed DayZ has different versions etc server wise, where would I find out how to install it? And what version?

Thanks!

Get DayZ Commander.

All it is, is a launcher for the game. Once you download, and open it in the top right corner, in yellow you should see a menu called "intall/update". Once you click it, you will see a ton of shit. Go to the "arma 2" dropdown menu, and select the latest version, and install.

Then go to the latest DayZ version (it's currently 1.7.7.1) and click install on that. Ignore everything else on that menu, everything else is just custom versions of the mod, which you might be interested in later.

DayZ is now installed.

As for the rest of the launcher, you can use the "search" function to find servers. I suggest you find a good community/server, and add it to your favourites, and stick with that server.

I don't have time (it's 1.30am and my laptop is almost dead) to get into detail about finding a server (i.e. right mod version, one with good pop, etc, etc). So I hope someone can fill you in on that.

But finding servers with DayZ Commander will be tricky at first, because it will list private and public hives (a hive is a group of servers that are connected), different mod versions, etc, etc.

Good luck, and feel free to PM me (though I probably won't respond until tomorrow morning/afternoon)if you have any questions about finding servers, joining, or anything DayZ related.

Edited by Statik
  • Like 2

Get DayZ Commander.

All it is, is a launcher for the game. Once you download, and open it in the top right corner, in yellow you should see a menu called "intall/update". Once you click it, you will see a ton of shit. Go to the "arma 2" dropdown menu, and select the latest version, and install.

Then go to the latest DayZ version (it's currently 1.7.7.1) and click install on that. Ignore everything else on that menu, everything else is just custom versions of the mod, which you might be interested in later.

DayZ is now installed.

As for the rest of the launcher, you can use the "search" function to find servers. I suggest you find a good community/server, and add it to your favourites, and stick with that server.

I don't have time (it's 1.30am and my laptop is almost dead) to get into detail about finding a server (i.e. right mod version, one with good pop, etc, etc). So I hope someone can fill you in on that.

But finding servers with DayZ Commander will be tricky at first, because it will list private and public hives (a hive is a group of servers that are connected), different mod versions, etc, etc.

Good luck, and feel free to PM me (though I probably won't respond until tomorrow morning/afternoon)if you have any questions about finding servers, joining, or anything DayZ related.

Thank you, great help!