Sign in to follow this  
Tegla (DayZ)

DMR sniper tut

Does anyone know a good tutorial or a way to practice on how to get better at DMR?

Set up a custom sniper mission with bad guys at 50 meter intervals' date=' then a few random scattered ones.

[/quote']

How do i do that?

Set up a custom sniper mission with bad guys at 50 meter intervals' date=' then a few random scattered ones.

[/quote']

How do i do that?

Experiment with that ArmA II editor a bit.

jus load up arma 2 and practice on the firing range, teaches you how to use the sniper properly.

02wz.png

1: Up to 300 metres, this is accurate.

2: These are mildots, they each indicate 100 metres. So at a distance of 400 metres, aim using the mildot directly under the crosshair.

3: The top of this black bar is actually another mildot, of sorts. Use that for 800 metres.

Specific:

The DMR scope is zeroed at 300 metres. This means you aim lower than the rifle's actual bullet trajectory. At a distance under 300 metres, the bullet will hit slightly above the crosshair. At 300 metres, it's spot-on.

At distances larger than 300 metres, the bullet will hit below the crosshair, until, eventually, it hits spot on with the first mildot at 400 metres. From there on, down to the second mildot at 500 metres, etc. Finally, at 800 metres, bullets will land at the top of the wide, black bar below all the mildots.

Ah ha, this has actually taught me a thing or 2. Only just started playing this and I thought the crosshair was at 100metres and there after each was a 100 metres.

Thanks for the help <3