wild_man

idea for more realism car repair system

you have one car but after hit tree and make damage to left wheel and wing panel and bonnet :|

you decide make repair on this but you must find wheel panel and bonnet from same car type example wheel from ural no good for lada car, wing panel from SUV no good for blue van :rolleyes: same for glass

also same for engine and every parts, not same engine for bus and motorbike different wheel for off road and old bike :huh:

28u2ygw.gif

make cars in too many colour this way every car look different because parts come from different colour of car :thumbsup:

24fcrup.jpg

this way is possible you recognise some car, is good thing for too many reason - example ah, is blue lada with red bonnet and white doors this guy shoot on me before >:(

or black suv wit yellow door, is good friend of me, I don't shoot this one :)

edit good places for find correct parts -

qs32ug.jpg

2ld985i.jpg

Edited by KoS
  • Like 5

sounds cool it could work

Rocket has said that when they redo the vehicles players will be able to remove a door from one car to put it on another. i imagine this is pretty much what he means.

though not sure whether you'll be limited to only getting parts from the same car type.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 3

Rocket has said that when they redo the vehicles players will be able to remove a door from one car to put it on another. i imagine this is pretty much what he means.

I don't hear this one :thumbsup:

if true is good idea mr rocket :P

No.

If you're going to give your opinion about an idea, just at least don't be a massive dick and bluntly say no; elaborate. 

• Like 4

If you're going to give your opinion about an idea, just at least don't be a massive dick and bluntly say no; elaborate. 

is ok :thumbsup:

if what fluxley and wolfenstiensaurus say is true thing this guy say 'No' for something that happen already :huh:

is make me feel less stupid for make idea for something what happen already :rolleyes:

No.

Why not? You lil hater, trying to follow the flow. I think that it's a great idea and the way Rocket described car repairs in SA sounds like what KoS said.

I wanna take the doors off my car for quick access, like literally diving into the drivers seat pls.

• Like 1

Actually, rocket already said that this is how they want vehicles to work in the SA. It's a good idea, I'm just pointing out that this is already "in the pipeline" as it were.

This would be a fantastic idea. I would love to see a realistic damage system to cars in SA. Along with the repair system you suggested.

:beans: :beans: :beans:

For the difficulty of driving in DayZ + all the EXTREMELY annoying color distortion that goes on when your injured it's already hard to drie. You hit something. 'Oh, I'll just check the back o my car for a new car wheel for my ural. Only sedan wheels!' It'd make repairing to difficult and complex.