Sign in to follow this  
sublbc

Odd framerates, even at ultra low.

Hello everyone, i just got my new laptop. Duo to me moving to dorm etc, it had to be a laptop lol.

Anyway, to the point. I have some problems regarding framerates in this game. No matter what settings, ive tried ultrahigh, >20 fps. high 35-40 fps, medium 35-40 fps, same goes for ultralow settings, 800x600 its still 35 fps.

Specs:

Intel Core I7 4700MQ CPU.

Geforce GTX 780M, 4 gb ram.

16 Gb ddr3 ram

256 Gb SSD

Ive looked at videos around the web, even done the GPU in the CFG files.

Here are my OA settings in the cfg file currently.

language="English";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=93750;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
Resolution_W=1920;
Resolution_H=1080;
refresh=60;
winX=16;
winY=32;
winW=800;
winH=600;
winDefW=800;
winDefH=600;
Render_W=1920;
Render_H=1080;
FSAA=2;
postFX=0;
GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;
HDRPrecision=8;
lastDeviceId="";
localVRAM=2147483647;
nonlocalVRAM=1073676288;
vsync=0;
AToC=0;
PPAA=0;
PPAA_Level=0;
Windowed=0;

Really hope you can help!

Edited by sublbc

Hey man, what's your framerate in default Arma 2?

about twice that, but it still never goes up. Even at very low settings.

Just added afterburner while playing, and it never really goes above 40% use, about 300 mb Vram use, and the rated core clock.

Shouldnt it produce a shitload of frames instead of just stopping at 40?

Edited by sublbc

Could possibly be related to power saving options, laptops usually have many.  CPU parking, as well as things like speedstep, and even GPU power saving options could be in effect.  Disable all power saving options so everything is running at max performance, and always run the laptop plugged into an outlet.

Take a look at this guide for other FPS tips.  (Don't worry about ramdisk since you have a SSD)

Could possibly be related to power saving options, laptops usually have many.  CPU parking, as well as things like speedstep, and even GPU power saving options could be in effect.  Disable all power saving options so everything is running at max performance, and always run the laptop plugged into an outlet.

Take a look at this guide for other FPS tips.  (Don't worry about ramdisk since you have a SSD)

Oh, i see i did not mention it. Ive set the Laptop to performance, the graphics card to performance and force it to use the dedicated GPU.

Oh, i see i did not mention it. Ive set the Laptop to performance, the graphics card to performance and force it to use the dedicated GPU.

Check out this about CPU parking, as CPU parking will still be in effect even with the power settings at max performance. 

http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility