I have killed and been killed, usually at random and in self-defense. However, I seek revenge from time to time but haven't got the first clue about stalking a known player through the vast map.

I hear a lot of stories such as "..He killed me so we tracked his ass down and split his skull and stole his shit..."

My question is this, how the hell does one go about finiding and stalking a particular person, given the enormity of the map?

You know where he was previously I get that, but what then?

in all honesty its about knowing the map and the common routes.

even those with a GPS will often avoid the annoying "slow walk" up a steep mountain if shifting his path a bit would take him around it.

then what? You camp. Days? I once holed up outside of NWAF for 3 days waiting to catch a guy. Also it's only really effective if Name-plates are ON

I guess if you have an idea where they were heading you can try to get there and wait for them, or if they have a certain vehicle you could keep an eye out for it with a chopper or something.

On nameplate-enable server stalking is a bit easier. 

If not you just got to remember the outfit, shoot every single person with said outfit and hope you scored that kill.

Also people are fucked in the head. They will frequently visit a 'favourite' place. You just need to know which place is that, and I shit you not, more than often they will be loitering around the area.

Seeing which direction they headed off in is key. If they kill you you're not going to have any luck unless they are camping an area and you can return to find them there.

The only times I have ever been able to actually "track" or "stalk" a player is when shot(s) are exchanged and they run off in a general direction. Then it's a guessing game and you head to where you think they are heading nearby on that heading. A week ago a buddy and I luckily went to the same castle as the bandits I'd fired at earlier. Even more fortunately they were using direct chat and were talking about us so there was little doubt as to who they were.

It takes some intuition and even more luck. When the SA is released, players will have unique clothing for the most part and identification at range will be possible without exchanging words or names. Until then I would suggest not getting shot in the first place ;)

You change your name and when you know the guy is on the server tell him that you are new and want to meet up. Instead of going to the location you lay down in a bush far away but not so far that you can't see the meeting place. You then look around the area to find they guys camping place and then you shoot him.

• Like 1

You change your name and when you know the guy is on the server tell him that you are new and want to meet up. Instead of going to the location you lay down in a bush far away but not so far that you can't see the meeting place. You then look around the area to find they guys camping place and then you shoot him.

Dick level > 9000

• Like 2

It would be nice if there was some legitimate way of tracking down bandits/following trails and the like...

when i'm geared i usually estabilsh a territory to patrol and some locations to loot regularly and watch the days counter go up..i'm not a bandit so i easily spare someone's life even if he's in ''my'' zone, but if i'm shot i have the advantage to have a way out and some paths i know..anyway if someone has butthurt he can find me there sooner or later..i bet a lot of people have my same behavior..the area changes with your possibilities..so if you have vehicles it's bigger but the concept is the same..people have paths like animals..i always do the same route from the coast to the north with a given spawn :-)