zuen

Computer + Aram 2/DayZ issue

Okay so i figured this is a valid troubleshooting issue that I can post here.

Hey guys,

so here is the thing., usually I was able to play on Arma 2 DayZ Mod with a stable fps of +25 and just recently my computer starting giving me issue with Arma 2/DayZ where it drops to 18 fps when I play the game. Even on a fresh restart of the server or computer i have baaad fps.

So i decided on formatting my computer and still after all the trouble I still have the same issue. It's so bad right now that I can't even play wasteland without having bad fps.

Can anyone perhaps give me some tips or tricks to try out and see what I can do.

For reference this is also my computer specs.

1. CPU: Intel i5 750 @ 2.66Ghz
  2. GPU: GeForce GTX 560
  3. RAM: 8GB DDR3
  4. Motherboard: H55 ATX DDR3 HDMI+A+V+GBL

Arma 2: 103718

Hmm The only other game that I have noticed not being smooth is Black Ops 2.

[edit]

Okay I made a test thanks to a useful post I found.

Additional information.

CPU usage: 60%

CPU Frequency: 70%

Core Speed: ~1300MHz

It seems to me that Arma 2 is not testing my core speed and so it drops. But this is only me guessing based on the testing results.

Edited by Zuen

You need to download CPU-Z and run that. Then run Prime95 and stress your CPU. Keep an eye on the temps, it could be that your cooler has fried and your CPU is throttling back. 

Take a look at my guide and try a few things.  Specifically if your processor has hyper threading, or you haven't tried any launch parameters / config file tweaks.

Hope it helps.

Thanks a lot for the help! I will be doing a few tests based on this to see what I can find. I will also keep you guys posted on if it worked or not! =)

P.S. Diddums, I love your Avatar. Very nice of you =)

Edited by Zuen

Update:

HOLY CRAP! After 4 months of having this issue it turns out that my CPU fan was not completely cleaned out. I found a lot of dust on the underside of the Heatsink of the CPU fan that was causing it to over heat and jump back down to that low GHz speed.

I have been busy with my new job the last few months which made me forget to clean out my computer. I usually do it every few months. =/

Thank you so much for the help guys! <3

I even went onto Black Ops 2 to test it out. I was running on 40 FPS and lagging, now i'm back to 200 FPS and NO LAG!