Michaelvoodoo25

Death and Reincarnation

When a player dies the body should randomly spawn elsewhere unless there is another player in the immediate area, say 500 meters. this will allow players to come across bodies and a chance to find loot.

Distance would have to be much more than 500m otherwise you'd have instances of killing someone from say 700m and suddenly their body disappears. 

Usually players shooting from that far don't want to loot you anyway...

The first thing is good, you'd have to be pretty close to get your reward. I would even have the limit closer that 500m...

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 1

Zombies are all one texture aren't they, they could just use the players clothes, bloody them up a bit and their face.

It would be easy to identify who was actually a player and the good loot.

However you'd likely catch the infection off their things.

• Like 1

Zombies are all one texture aren't they, they could just use the players clothes, bloody them up a bit and their face.

It would be easy to identify who was actually a player and the good loot.

However you'd likely catch the infection off their things.

So if I die, after like 10 mins or so a zombie will spawn with my bandit skin, if I see him and kill him will I get my gear back?

And btw that is a super sweet idea!

• Like 1

So if I die, after like 10 mins or so a zombie will spawn with my bandit skin, if I see him and kill him will I get my gear back?

That was what I was thinking.

Except it will not work that way...

• Like 1

I think your own body should just be invisible to you. Much easier and more logical.

• Like 3

I think your own body should just be invisible to you. Much easier and more logical.

Logical?

Logical?

Yes, looting your own dead body makes no sense whatsoever.

• Like 1

Yes, looting your own dead body makes no sense whatsoever.

But then your friend would just pick stuff up for you.

Looting an unlucky survivors body makes sense, you head right there from an anonymous zombies tip.

But then your friend would just pick stuff up for you.

Looting an unlucky survivors body makes sense, you head right there from an anonymous zombies tip.

Your friend salvaging some of your gear makes a lot more sense than you magically reappearing and making a bee-line for your own dead body.

• Like 1

I think if the server is part of a HIVE it should just despawn in the server the player is in then respawn at the same place but on a different server. Give's all that loot to some other lucky person. Would have to be out of view distance to players obviously.

• Like 1

Your friend salvaging some of your gear makes a lot more sense than you magically reappearing and making a bee-line for your own dead body.

It makes no difference except you can't see your own body while everybody else can.

I would rather your body be get infected and be reasonably more powerful than other zombies since the survivor would have to already be so fit to have survived so long.

So faster, stronger, more damaging and maybe better senses than the average zombie but also with the distinctively different skin from other zombies giving it a high profile for looters making it something you might wanna think about before running right back to without a proper weapon.

You would also need to shoot making it a far bigger risk than to just sneak back to.

But the zombies in DayZ aren't undead, they're infected living humans. Dying and then getting up again and being a zombie doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

But the zombies in DayZ aren't undead, they're infected living humans. Dying and then getting up again and being a zombie doesn't make sense.

Rlly? Ok ur right I'm very sorry I was under the impression that they were like a bacteria version of the walking dead zombies...

Infant that kinda makes more sense that they can be killed by body shots and stuff.

But one question I have is... Why do the players die from the infections?

Rlly? Ok ur right I'm very sorry I was under the impression that they were like a bacteria version of the walking dead zombies...

Infant that kinda makes more sense that they can be killed by body shots and stuff.

But one question I have is... Why do the players die from the infections?

That isn't the zombie virus, it's like an infected wound or disease. It will make more sense in the standalone when disease is implemented properly and we don't just have the bland 'infection' status.

The players are supposedly immune to the zombie virus, hence still being 'alive'. Rocket had a virologist write a paper about the theoretical virus in DayZ, I assume parts of this will feature in the standalone somehow, so we'll know more about it in the future.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 3

That isn't the zombie virus, it's like an infected wound or disease. It will make more sense in the standalone when disease is implemented properly and we don't just have the bland 'infection' status.

The players are supposedly immune to the zombie virus, hence still being 'alive'. Rocket had a virologist write a paper about the theoretical virus in DayZ, I assume parts of this will feature in the standalone somehow, so we'll know more about it in the future.

Awesome.

+1 for this suggestion, but I would like to bring these options.

If player gets killed by another player = he turns in a zombie in few minutes.

If player gets killed by another player = he is dead.

To elaborate on my idea about infected mangling bodies and gear; I'm pretty sure weapon durability has been confirmed for the SA, but what about clothing? Maybe the infected could tatter clothing so that when looted off of a corpse it would be fairly obvious that it had been worn by a now deceased survivor.