Sign in to follow this  
BigChef

Swim Buddy

Boat houses can be lethal! 

I was near the shore when mobbed and thought I'd use a boat house as a choke point and take the zeds out one at a time. The plan worked for a while but it was soon apparent I was going to be overrun so I ducked in the door and jumped in the water intending to swim under the boat house and shake my pursuers. I got under the dock and bled out in seconds! The hourglass appeared almost instantly.

Always swim with a friend.

I actually had to read that two or three times before I was able to figure out what was going on.

But even if you're bleeding or passed out your friend wouldn't be able to help you when he's swimming as well, as you can't heal anyone, when you're in the water.

But even if you're bleeding or passed out your friend wouldn't be able to help you when he's swimming as well, as you can't heal anyone, when you're in the water.

Even on land I couldn't have been saved, I died as fast or faster then if I had been shot! Just wondering what caused such a major tramma??? Needless to say I won't go swimming around buildings any time soon

Even on land I couldn't have been saved, I died as fast or faster then if I had been shot! Just wondering what caused such a major tramma??? Needless to say I won't go swimming around buildings any time soon

It happens every time you are under a bridge, or in this case, a house / mole. I wanted to hide under one of the bridges west of Kamenka once, it broke my legs, and I bleed out within 10 to 20 seconds. It's a good way to suicide. Same happens in Nizhnoye ( or was it berenzino?), after getting out of a boat i found myself halfway under one of the docs, costing me about 4 to 6 k blood. I managed to survive tho :-)

I'd really recomend to stay away from such objects.

PS, I think you can also break your legs when going prone in a location not providing enough space for your body length. On a light house, looking away or directly at it for instance.

Weparo

PS, I think you can also break your legs when going prone in a location not providing enough space for your body length. On a light house, looking away or directly at it for instance.

Weparo

I've experienced similar situations. The first time I discovered another player's tent I went to crawl in it and broke my legs! WTF? I broke my legs in a tent? Another time while taking enemy fire I was crawling through some rocks, broke my legs, no morphine so I crawled out and let them shoot me...we're particularly fragile in DayZ