Could there be some kind of team thing able to go on in arma? Because it is difficult spotting friends knowing theyre health in a battle.

Could it be possible to implent something close to WoW. They have your party going down the left side of your screen it could show health and if they are consious bleeding or perfectly fine. Also theyre could be an option to put a purple diamond over theyre head if you want. Lastly Maybe theyre location or coords.  :beans: <---- mmmmmmm tasty

• Like 1

Could there be some kind of team thing able to go on in arma? Because it is difficult spotting friends knowing theyre their health in a battle.

Could it be possible to implent something close to WoW. They have your party going down the left side of your screen it could show health and if they are consious bleeding or perfectly fine. Also theyre there could be an option to put a purple diamond over theyre their head if you want. Lastly Maybe theyre their location or coords.  :beans: <---- mmmmmmm tasty

I think this would go against the authenticity and immersion to be honest. No for me.

• Like 4

If you play Day z Epoch there's a  tag system where you can tag your friends to identify them with a coloured dot on their arms

I thought DayZ was about realism? you cannot tell someones health by a fecking floating diamond over their head, you would need to physically examine them and access the wounds. And how the hell would you see your friends Co-ords on a map? they would need to tell you their coords. Go and play COD/Battlefield you'd like it.

• Like 1

I like the idea...

Maybe the team idea should be ditched...but people shouting out "Im injured" or screaming would definitely add realism..

• Like 1

I like the idea...

Maybe the team idea should be ditched...but people shouting out "Im injured" or screaming would definitely add realism..

It would have to be in Russian or  in a russian accent

• Like 1

I like the idea...

There VOIP in the game for a reason, if your friends want to communicate something to you theres nothing stopping them saying it themselves thats far more realistic if you ask me.

• Like 2

I just want party spawning. Telepathic access to my teammates health and location is not necessary, nor is it authentic. Let's just stop wasting player's time by allowing them to quickly group with the people they want to. Gameplay would be verily improved in my humble opinion. Cooperative partnerships would be more likely to succeed, since those who are cooperative can generally overcome selfish lone wolfs who tend to pick said players off before they can even meet their friends.

Maybe the ability to craft jerseys, or funny hats. Both of those are great indicators of identity.

I want to outfit my team mates with matching orange beanies and glocks, Steve Zissou style. We'd troupe around Chernarus making wry documentary type videos for youtube, fighting highwaymen along the way.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

Not a big fan of group spawning as i feel it would give groups a big advantage over lone players. 

Though it would only happen if they all happen to die at the same time, so i guess i could live with it.

I thought DayZ was about realism? you cannot tell someones health by a fecking floating diamond over their head, you would need to physically examine them and access the wounds. And how the hell would you see your friends Co-ords on a map? they would need to tell you their coords. Go and play COD/Battlefield you'd like it.

Don't get mad, is just an idea and is a good one

Don't get mad, is just an idea and is a good one

Yeah......If you're a COD kiddy who is too lazy to co-ordinate with friends and team up.

Not a big fan of group spawning as i feel it would give groups a big advantage over lone players. 

Though it would only happen if they all happen to die at the same time, so i guess i could live with it.

Yeah, I guess my argument is fundamentally based on the bias that cooperative play should be encouraged with all possible devices. Right now I would say that the game actually favors loners, since they don't have to even worry about meeting another person geographically, communicating with that person, ect. Also I find that lone wolfing tends to only promote the player-killer instinct that is already in all of us. I just want the game to become more cooperative, but that's just my opinion.

And yeah, it only really works that one time when they are in the lobby simultaneously, so it only gives them the advantage of starting as a group. They shouldn't be able to "squad spawn" a-la Battlefield 3. That would make combat inconsistent and ultimately pointless at times.

Also I think that camping tents should serve as a spawn point for the owner of said tent. But they should not be camouflage colored, and should be easily destroyed (or disassembled and re-owned by other players). This way players might actually establish true, functioning "bases" since their spawn point would be inside said base - but other players could technically destroy the spawn point after killing said player and thusly prevent them from re spawning there. Base siege and base construction are some of the most compelling end-game type goals that can really provide cooperative players the experience they want. Also, it would give destructive bandit players even more compelling motivations.

In the middle you'd have neutral loners and small neutral groups who might be struggling to survive in between larger forts and towns, scavenge supplies, and generally pursuing their own fancies, which probably will come into conflict with other players. On top of all that, the threat of the infected is constantly looming, not to mention the perils of disease, injury, and other forms of chaos that is the typical nature of anarchy.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

this is kinda true but maybe a workaround with something like, if you're close enough then you can share a map marker with someone. then both players would know where to meet up after being split up. as much as i love the tracking map markers for their ease of use for playing with nubs, and meeting up, im against the idea for SA, so im talking about the map markers that are just like an x on your map.

ofc this wouldnt need to be the case if we could change our characters heights and weight and. face around a little more, but new clothes in SA should help at least like others have said

Ya, and while we're at it, we should have everyone spawn in as level 4 wizards with clairvoyance spells so we can just follow a little gold path up to NWAF. Having to communicate and read a map is so weak. I'm trying to pvp with my bros and you want me to utilize real world skills like team coordination and map reading? I thought this was a game, not land navigation training.

Edited by Dagwood

I just want party spawning. Telepathic access to my teammates health and location is not necessary, nor is it authentic. Let's just stop wasting player's time by allowing them to quickly group with the people they want to. Gameplay would be verily improved in my humble opinion. Cooperative partnerships would be more likely to succeed, since those who are cooperative can generally overcome selfish lone wolfs who tend to pick said players off before they can even meet their friends.

I want to outfit my team mates with matching orange beanies and glocks, Steve Zissou style. We'd troupe around Chernarus making wry documentary type videos for youtube, fighting highwaymen along the way.

The party spawning idea can be good, as well as add to some realism.  The way it is now, it is like saying that everyone was sitting along the beach by themselves when it started.

Good thing this is not BF...

Yeah, I guess my argument is fundamentally based on the bias that cooperative play should be encouraged with all possible devices. Right now I would say that the game actually favors loners, since they don't have to even worry about meeting another person geographically, communicating with that person, ect. Also I find that lone wolfing tends to only promote the player-killer instinct that is already in all of us. I just want the game to become more cooperative, but that's just my opinion.

The system doesn't favor loners...would you immediatly know how someone feels or where someone is if he was behind a hill IRL? If you met a person in the wilderness IRL what would you do? Would you shoot him like in the game or what? People whose only option is to shoot ruin the game, it was never intended to "shoot first, loot later" because players who confuse the game with a shooter made this game what it is now. This is not a game where you can place a radioactive twinky on your enemy...

Too arcadey, when you get a radio maybe... You could see each others position on the map.

But Name tags should be on people you mark as friend possibly.

U find portable cardiographs, (yes they exist in every hospital). U combine them with gps/radio/army hud. U have an online update of friends' heartbeat, communication and gps location... as long as there is power, radio signal and a satellite over your heads... airsoft bonanza, (doesn't work indoors).

Good thing this is not BF...

The system doesn't favor loners...would you immediatly know how someone feels or where someone is if he was behind a hill IRL? If you met a person in the wilderness IRL what would you do? Would you shoot him like in the game or what? People whose only option is to shoot ruin the game, it was never intended to "shoot first, loot later" because players who confuse the game with a shooter made this game what it is now. This is not a game where you can place a radioactive twinky on your enemy...

What are you talking about? IRL people have families, friends, and a mutual need for human interaction. Nobody would just start off completely alone in the "IRL" apocalypse. They would be united with other people they know. IRL you can't carry an engine or helicopter blades in your pockets.

So your argument is invalid. Radioactive twinky? What?

Do you even know what I was suggesting? A one-time lobby based group spawn. I am not the OP.

What are you talking about? IRL people have families, friends, and a mutual need for human interaction. Nobody would just start off completely alone in the "IRL" apocalypse. They would be united with other people they know. IRL you can't carry an engine or helicopter blades in your pockets.

So your argument is invalid. Radioactive twinky? What?

Do you even know what I was suggesting? A one-time lobby based group spawn. I am not the OP.

Imagine you are on a trip halfway around the globe and this happens to be in Chernarus...where would your family be in this case? Use your head and think out of the box, possibilities are endless. In case of radar and team markers popping above your head: NO, this is not BF. BIS is already trying to minimize the hud so this idea would really be counterproductive.

About the radioactive twinky, watch the video carefully...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p4fkH9qC4M

How about players can share their GPS location with other people who have a GPS? Maybe each persons GPS has a different ID which can be used to track them or show them your location, i you knew them on skype or something they could tell you their GPS ID so you could track them.

I'm down for spawning close to your "group" because getting together is such a pain in the arse but I think group identification should be done ingame whether it be with certain clothing styles, gear,  bandanas, or hell even throwing down some gang signs.

This is the worst idea I have seen on this page.