Sign in to follow this  
shotdownzero

'PublicVariable Value Restriction #293'

So I ambushed a guy in a ural who appeared to have combat logged once I approached the vehicle. The sever restart was due in 5 mins so I quickly moved the ural and waited for the restart. Upon logging back in, I scanned the ambush site and see a bandit lying down by a wall - most likely the guy who just combat logged. So, I get my DMR out and snipe him for a beautiful 350m headshot. I see it land, then he instantly disappears. This message appeared simultaneously: "BattleEye Client: Player Hunter unkRS ([guid]) has been kicked by BattleEye: PublicVariable Value Restriction #293"

Any ideas on what this is any why is happened?

inb4 quit whining; I'm simply interested rather than moaning.

I have video of the entire thing if it is necessary to be viewed.

Thanks.

EDIT: The same message appeared for two different players when I ambushed the ural - the second player's name was 'sonofagun unkRS'. I've read on other posts with restrictions similar to this that it could be something to do with their name?

Edited by shotdownzero

Must be your lucky day, or rather my unlucky day, I've just had the same.

I'll ask someone about it.

• Like 1

It gets triggerd by someone disconnecting according to the filters of this thread, which are widely used. But I have no experience with Battleye and Arma scripts so I can't help further.

I assume you were playing on the Raid Wine servers.

It has been fixed.

If this is not so, please post here.

Boneboys, sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm seeing this on my current server for a specific player.  What is the issue and what is the fix?