liukang168

Hive error: Unknown internal error

I'm being told this should now be fixed. Let me know if your still having issues connecting to the main hive

Reporting in that this is still happening to all our Public Servers. (I've done 6 manual restarts myself alone just in the past 5 hours)

Going to forward onto Matt i have no idea who is dealing with this side of the hive anymore.

FWIW we'd love to host the public hive, we can do things like geographic anycasting, replication, and we have lots of hardware resources (SSD's, very fast processors) to ensure low latency and 100% uptime for all servers regardless of where they are in the world - as well as very serious DDoS protection - instead of running it off of one server at some random datacenter in California like it is now.

We've been hosting a geographically distributed hive that supports significantly more servers than the public hive does for some time now. (2000 vs 400 official servers)

We can also help automate or staff the approval of official instance ID's, which haven't been staffed for many months now.  Additionally, we can write a new support portal for managing and requesting new official instance ID's (instead of the weird WHMCS thing they have now), start responding to (or automate) reporting of admin abuse on official servers again, and I personally have many other ideas to improve the official hive and get more people interested in hosting/playing the game again.

Let us know if we can help.

Edited by ersan191

This is simply an issue with their CDN, not the MySQL machine. Add this line of code to your "hosts" file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\)

46.253.206.193 cdn.dayz.nu

After applying these changes, make sure to reboot the machine and you will no longer get the timeout issue.

Edited by Pwnoz0r
  • Like 1

FWIW we'd love to host the public hive, we can do things like geographic anycasting, replication, and we have lots of hardware resources (SSD's, very fast processors) to ensure low latency and 100% uptime for all servers regardless of where they are in the world - as well as very serious DDoS protection - instead of running it off of one server at some random datacenter in California like it is now.

We've been hosting a geographically distributed hive that supports significantly more servers than the public hive does for some time now. (2000 vs 400 official servers)

We can also help automate or staff the approval of official instance ID's, which haven't been staffed for many months now.  Additionally, we can write a new support portal for managing and requesting new official instance ID's (instead of the weird WHMCS thing they have now), start responding to (or automate) reporting of admin abuse on official servers again, and I personally have many other ideas to improve the official hive and get more people interested in hosting/playing the game again.

Let us know if we can help.

The hive its self is just fine, it is hosted on an E3-1240v2 with 32gb's of ram and an Intel SSD for the SQL located in Dallas. All the timeout issues are because of the cdn they use for the hive certificates. Not the hive its self.

Edited by hungoverfurball
  • Like 1

This is simply an issue with their CDN, not the MySQL machine. Add this line of code to your "hosts" file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\)

46.253.206.193 cdn.dayz.nu

After applying these changes, make sure to reboot the machine and you will no longer get the timeout issue.

Yep ty Pwnoz0r that should work.

Id forgot all about the cert file :-( something else we have no access to

Id forgot all about the cert file :-( something else we have no access to

There is still a fundamental problem with the chain of communication / ownership / support that needs to be addressed.  The hive connection error is just one of the problems that public hive servers are having.  Should the server operators (as well as HFB) write to Matt Lightfoot and put pressure on him to either fix or turnover the support and operation of the public hive to HFB or another provider that can and will fix this process?

Matt is going to chase this today. Ill let you know more as we find out more.

• Like 1

I've spoken with Ander and the issue was with one of the CDN nodes, which should now be rectified. If anyone has any further issues drop me a pm.

• Like 1

Glad to hear that after how many weeks of this problem we finally receive some communication and fix regarding this problem.  I was about to let got of my server before all of this.  Thanks to all the admins who attempted to troubleshoot the problem and thanks to those who finally got it taken care of.

The connection seems consistent now on restarts, thank you for finally addressing this. Like a few others, I was ready to give up on the public hive - but I am happy to keep the pure vanilla instance going.

Doesnt work for me... but guess what I dont give a fuck anymore, Im out. Cu.

I've spoken with Ander and the issue was with one of the CDN nodes, which should now be rectified. If anyone has any further issues drop me a pm.

PM sent regarding other public hive issues I am having.

PM sent regarding other public hive issues I am having.

What other issues?

What other issues?

I had 3 vehicles that were not being reclaimed by server cleanup and spawning.  They had been teleported & destroyed in the debug plains where players spawn.  I have since been able to "destroy" the 3 offending vehicles and using TG ! Jimmy's forced maintenance was able to get two of the vehicles to spawn back into the map.  I moved them into the map and saved them and they have been staying in place through restarts.  However, the AN2 is still not respawning and the corrdinates indicated in the spawn stream suggests it is WAY out at the edge of the map in the water.

2013-08-15 10:05:18 HiveExt: [Information] Method: 302 Params: 1304:2013-08-15 10:05:18 HiveExt: [Information] Result: ["OBJ","23830116","AN2_DZ","0",[252,[4530.52,10785.1]],[[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]],[["glass1",1],["glass2",1],["glass3",1],["glass4",1],["telo",0]],0.001,0.837]

In addition to this, I am seeing this error pop up sporadically in the HiveExt.log file and on the server console when it happens.

9:00:20 Database(0): [Warning] Connection lost (MySQL server has gone away) during MySQLQuery SQL: 'SELECT `PlayerName`, `PlayerSex` FROM `Player_DATA` WHERE `PlayerUID`='*********'' , retrying...

Ok so i've redone Inactive and Out of bound checks for Mh6j, AN2, Hmmwv.

Lets see how they go

• Like 1

Ok so i've redone Inactive and Out of bound checks for Mh6j, AN2, Hmmwv.

Lets see how they go

This morning I checked the server and had to restart it because it was missing all vehicle and tents.

After the restart, Tents and vehicles came back, but I am still missing the AN2.  Information in the HiveExt.log file is still the same. Should this be an immediate fix or will it be on a timer?

2013-08-16 08:13:15 HiveExt: [Information] Result: ["OBJ","23830116","AN2_DZ","0",[252,[4530.52,10785.1]],[[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]],[["glass1",1],["glass2",1],["glass3",1],["glass4",1],["telo",0]],0.001,1.0]

I had 3 vehicles that were not being reclaimed by server cleanup and spawning.  They had been teleported & destroyed in the debug plains where players spawn.  I have since been able to "destroy" the 3 offending vehicles and using TG ! Jimmy's forced maintenance was able to get two of the vehicles to spawn back into the map.  I moved them into the map and saved them and they have been staying in place through restarts.  However, the AN2 is still not respawning and the corrdinates indicated in the spawn stream suggests it is WAY out at the edge of the map in the water.

2013-08-15 10:05:18 HiveExt: [Information] Method: 302 Params: 1304:2013-08-15 10:05:18 HiveExt: [Information] Result: ["OBJ","23830116","AN2_DZ","0",[252,[4530.52,10785.1]],[[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]],[["glass1",1],["glass2",1],["glass3",1],["glass4",1],["telo",0]],0.001,0.837]

In addition to this, I am seeing this error pop up sporadically in the HiveExt.log file and on the server console when it happens.

9:00:20 Database(0): [Warning] Connection lost (MySQL server has gone away) during MySQLQuery SQL: 'SELECT `PlayerName`, `PlayerSex` FROM `Player_DATA` WHERE `PlayerUID`='*********'' , retrying...

This morning I checked the server and had to restart it because it was missing all vehicle and tents.

After the restart, Tents and vehicles came back, but I am still missing the AN2.  Information in the HiveExt.log file is still the same. Should this be an immediate fix or will it be on a timer?

2013-08-16 08:13:15 HiveExt: [Information] Result: ["OBJ","23830116","AN2_DZ","0",[252,[4530.52,10785.1]],[[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]],[["glass1",1],["glass2",1],["glass3",1],["glass4",1],["telo",0]],0.001,1.0]

that plane has been constantly stuck in debug for me as well, however I do not have other problems with vehicles.  I do however have an occasional problem with vehicles not 'showing up' on the server, meaning that they are in a specific location per the hive log but are invisible to players which is usually corrected on a restart.  Thank you again Razor for your efforts.

Looking at the location it is correct [252,[4530.52,10785.1]](Based on what we have, NWAF Inside Top Hanger) Your plane was last updated 16/08/2013 @ 9:32AM. My guess just now is that the plan is being caught in the collision check system and being spawned out in debug.

Ill see if i can change the location of the AN2 within the DB until we can roll a fix to remove the collision check system. I wont have time to do this till Monday due to work.

• Like 1

Ill see if i can change the location of the AN2 within the DB until we can roll a fix to remove the collision check system. I wont have time to do this till Monday due to work.

The move worked on my server. AN2 is now ingame on the NWAF runway.

Thank you, R4Z0R!

The move worked on my server. AN2 is now ingame on the NWAF runway.

Thank you, R4Z0R!

It worked Razor, thank you.

MH6J and AN2 have moved to their spawn location on our server.

Edited by Ameo