YouAreDead

Crap Fps, Tips?

I've noticed when playing dayz that I only get around 15-20fps and that seem pretty low to me, any tips?

Specs:

i7-2600

12gb ram @1333Mhz

NVIDIA GeForce GT 520

Win 7 64-bit

I've been running it at: 1024 x 768

768 x576

You processor even though it is a 17 is not that great,I think.

Imo 15/20 is bad if it has lots of dips,like from 30 to 9 or what ever,but that is not very good.

try messing with the settings.

Try giving these settings a try, make sure your 3D resolution is what your monitor size is though, and make sure that the 3D resolution is the same as your screen res.

fISbJ8a.jpg

You processor even though it is a 17 is not that great,I think.

Imo 15/20 is bad if it has lots of dips,like from 30 to 9 or what ever,but that is not very good.

try messing with the settings.

His CPU is fine, he should be running better than a i5-3570k.

I've noticed when playing dayz that I only get around 15-20fps and that seem pretty low to me, any tips?

Specs:

i7-2600

12gb ram @1333Mhz

NVIDIA GeForce GT 520

Win 7 64-bit

I've been running it at: 1024 x 768

768 x576

However, that GPU is in serious need of an upgrade, badly. It'll run dayz, but I guarantee you that is why your FPS is so low. Look into upgrading your desktop to something like a... GTX 650 Ti at minimum. I'd recommend the 700 line, mainly the 760, or if you can afford it, the 780. It'll cost you though.

Also, what resolution is your monitor? No way your desktop monitor is 1024x768... no way... If it is then you need to upgrade that as well. I can't see anyone thoroughly enjoying DayZ at that res. Make sure you check your monitors screen resolution and make sure it matches that setting. If you're at 1920x1080 then you should have that setting set accordingly. Also, ramp up your 3D to 100% (match your screen setting) and play with it from there, but you shouldn't see that big of an fps hit with it at 100%.

Lastly, make sure v-sync, post-process, and anti aliasing are OFF.

Edited by OfficerRaymond

Turn down your graphics and the lag will be gone...MAGIC