SASZane (DayZ)

Allowing server Admins to spawn banned items (server side/private)

I absolutely agree that the admins should be able to choose which weapons/vehicles they want in the game or not.. I simply just don't understand why the devs would remove weapons and or ban them from the mod. Let the server admins choose how their private server is run.. Everyone who would like to run vanilla DayZ are more than welcome to do so.. But as a guy who want to create unique servers for people to catch a break from vanilla dayz, I just can't see the point of removing weapons and giving them 0 damage..

Without people wanting to buy servers there would'nt be much to the dayz private scene..

I sincerely hope that this is changed in the next patch, since its moving valuable players out of DayZ and into other mods such as Breaking Point and Overwatch..! Which are actually good mods. But then again, they are based on DayZ, with more "flexibility".. Which apparently is what people want..

And if they think this will only affect the mod, think again! Less and less people are going to buy the standalone since the players are being forced out of DayZ and into other mods..! - Other mods focusing on creating mods for Arma 3 !! 

Removing the restrictions on the servers and letting admins decide how they would like to design their servers would probably turn this around !

I really hope that the devs. are listening to what their community has to say about this !!

Kregme

Ah this crave to be unique by all means possible, even if it means turning the game into a joke :)

how possibly would it turn the game into a joke?

god, i bet all other mods are a joke to you then, like breaking point etc.

i hope the devs actually notices that people like you are one sided, and should look at what the majority of people want,

not people who sit in a corner playing a game, and fan boying the crap out of it and denying anything the game is thats bad. 

Lady Kyrah you may as well leave the topic, i dont have time to waste with replying to nonsense from you.

how possibly would it turn the game into a joke?

god, i bet all other mods are a joke to you then, like breaking point etc.

i hope the devs actually notices that people like you are one sided, and should look at what the majority of people want,

not people who sit in a corner playing a game, and fan boying the crap out of it and denying anything the game is thats bad. 

Lady Kyrah you may as well leave the topic, i dont have time to waste with replying to nonsense from you.

The standalone will be it's own game, it's up to the devs to decide how much control they want to give to the hosts. There is nothing saying that they have to give any.

As for leaving? After you.

uhm this is my own topic, you are basically coming into a imaginative group of people having a chat and telling the host to go xD.. please.

but as for the SA, yeah it will be its own game, im going to buy it, but as for the MOD.. well.. its a mod. 

Other than for the sake of arguement, the main files (as meantions above) should be accessable per the server/mission PBOs.

How about this Right siders... Incorporate the ability to change the weapon/vehicle allowance.

If you want to change it, fine. If you want to run it in vanilla trim, by all means, do so. See what I'm getting at here folks?

It's really not difficult to do, and we shouldn't be arguing over this. I'd like to analogize this thread with a certain country's citizens, but I'll stay on topic.

I see no malice in making these files accessible, and whoever believes so needs to at least present some pros and cons.

I know Rocket originated the mod. He is on his way to greatness with a SA. If you were him would you really care about your 'hopefully' dying mod? I say hopefully because I assume he'd like us all to purchase the standalone when it comes out.

You people "guarding Rocket's vision" make me laugh. If HE doesn't deviate from HIS plan/mod, then the SA will Vanilla Cherno. I just don't understand this strange preservation. Though, if I was Rocket I would want the mod to die and for people to buy my SA.

Bottom line: Present a reasonable argument. Don't just play the "Creator" card.

Other than for the sake of arguement, the main files (as meantions above) should be accessable per the server/mission PBOs.

How about this Right siders... Incorporate the ability to change the weapon/vehicle allowance.

If you want to change it, fine. If you want to run it in vanilla trim, by all means, do so. See what I'm getting at here folks?

It's really not difficult to do, and we shouldn't be arguing over this. I'd like to analogize this thread with a certain country's citizens, but I'll stay on topic.

I see no malice in making these files accessible, and whoever believes so needs to at least present some pros and cons.

I know Rocket originated the mod. He is on his way to greatness with a SA. If you were him would you really care about your 'hopefully' dying mod? I say hopefully because I assume he'd like us all to purchase the standalone when it comes out.

You people "guarding Rocket's vision" make me laugh. If HE doesn't deviate from HIS plan/mod, then the SA will Vanilla Cherno. I just don't understand this strange preservation. Though, if I was Rocket I would want the mod to die and for people to buy my SA.

Bottom line: Present a reasonable argument. Don't just play the "Creator" card.

Well it's simply that i have more trust in proper game development than "lets change a few values to make our server different/more atractive".

Well it's simply that i have more trust in proper game development than "lets change a few values to make our server different/more atractive".

then you are an idiot.

I agree with Zane, at the moment there are hundreds if not thousands of dayz servers, go through dayz commander and you will find around 40% of the servers empty or with hardly any players. I wanted this feature added back in December.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/109686-vehicles/

Not exactly the same as what the op requested, but it allong the same lines.

I stopped playing dayz around 4 months ago because of hackers and because it was getting repetitive, there was nothing new in the game. If anything things are getting removed from dayz, i preferred the dayz back around a year ago. You didnt have to worry about getting infected from blood bags, didn't have to boil water ect. If WE private hive owners had the ability to control what we want on our servers, we would bring back some of the old style players. It people like Lady that get features and items removed, such as the l85 thermal, and the as50. They are OP weapons but, they were rare. Rocket even mentioned in one of the dev blogs that in the SA there might have thermal weapons or one shot kill weapons but they will be super rare like 1 in the whole world type of rare. If server owners had the ability to control their server, define the banned/blocked weapons and the loot tables, it would open up a whole new world of opportunities for players and servers.

I say that we should have control over the banned weapons,vehicles and such. So that we can bring the retro dayz back.

then you are an idiot.

They say people resort to insults when they are out of compelling arguments.

They say people resort to insults when they are out of compelling arguments.

While true, it is hard to have a compelling argument with an idiot, so he has a point.

Awesome, you trust the devs... congratulations. But still the point remains. You have not the slightest idea what it is like to run a server of your own. Would you want to pay 30 dollars a month and take your chances at having a server that nobody plays on? Would you? If you say yes, then you ARE an idiot.

Fact of the matter is, people don't play on vanilla servers anymore, because they want something new. There are just so many servers out there that if every one of them was vanilla, there would never be a point to owning a server. On top of that, if owning a private hive wasn't available or wasn't appealing, we wouldn't have (almost) hacker free servers to play on. Public hives/non-admined private hives are a breeding ground for hacking, you know it, I know it, we all know it.

I find it hard to argue with someone that doesn't know what they are talking about. As a former top-ranked server owner, I know without a reasonable doubt what dealing with DayZ servers and their popularity is like. You, do not have said experience, therefore you can't reasonably make an argument. If you owned a private hive with your ideals, then you'd be out of business in a month tops. So, why don't you just stick to your Vanilla servers, and go comment somewhere you are needed instead of stinking up a perfectly good thread.

• Like 1

Oh i don't know, respecting the vision of the author of the mod would be nice.

He is not our supreme overlord, server admins should be able to do what they want. 

P.S. secretly nobody gives two shits. 

While true, it is hard to have a compelling argument with an idiot, so he has a point.

Awesome, you trust the devs... congratulations. But still the point remains. You have not the slightest idea what it is like to run a server of your own. Would you want to pay 30 dollars a month and take your chances at having a server that nobody plays on? Would you? If you say yes, then you ARE an idiot.

Fact of the matter is, people don't play on vanilla servers anymore, because they want something new. There are just so many servers out there that if every one of them was vanilla, there would never be a point to owning a server. On top of that, if owning a private hive wasn't available or wasn't appealing, we wouldn't have (almost) hacker free servers to play on. Public hives/non-admined private hives are a breeding ground for hacking, you know it, I know it, we all know it.

I find it hard to argue with someone that doesn't know what they are talking about. As a former top-ranked server owner, I know without a reasonable doubt what dealing with DayZ servers and their popularity is like. You, do not have said experience, therefore you can't reasonably make an argument. If you owned a private hive with your ideals, then you'd be out of business in a month tops. So, why don't you just stick to your Vanilla servers, and go comment somewhere you are needed instead of stinking up a perfectly good thread.

It would be great if we could keep the insults to private messages, as you said, to avoid ruining a "perfectly good thread" ?

Claiming that i don't know shit considering that you do not know a thing about me is pretty laughable.

Running servers? Been there and done that multiple times on various flavors of linux systems, it's part of my job description. Renting a vps from a game server broker is NOT running a server, that's pushing a button, that is ,as close to cooking turning on a microwave oven is.

That being said it doesn't give you a magical insight in game design and game balancing, that's why i suggested to leave this bit to those who know how to make a game.

I absolutely agree that the admins should be able to choose which weapons/vehicles they want in the game or not.. I simply just don't understand why the devs would remove weapons and or ban them from the mod. Let the server admins choose how their private server is run.. Everyone who would like to run vanilla DayZ are more than welcome to do so.. But as a guy who want to create unique servers for people to catch a break from vanilla dayz, I just can't see the point of removing weapons and giving them 0 damage..

Without people wanting to buy servers there would'nt be much to the dayz private scene..

I sincerely hope that this is changed in the next patch, since its moving valuable players out of DayZ and into other mods such as Breaking Point and Overwatch..! Which are actually good mods. But then again, they are based on DayZ, with more "flexibility".. Which apparently is what people want..

And if they think this will only affect the mod, think again! Less and less people are going to buy the standalone since the players are being forced out of DayZ and into other mods..! - Other mods focusing on creating mods for Arma 3 !! 

Removing the restrictions on the servers and letting admins decide how they would like to design their servers would probably turn this around !

I really hope that the devs. are listening to what their community has to say about this !!

Kregme

I think it's silly to say that people aren't going to buy the standalone because of the new mods.. the new mods are simply added weapon packs and new buildings, the SA will be a completely different experience. If someone does stick to the mod because they think their Breaking Point is better, then they're probably going to be stuck with the other 10 or so people who feel the same, while everyone has moved on to the SA.  

It would be great if we could keep the insults to private messages, as you said, to avoid ruining a "perfectly good thread" ?

Claiming that i don't know shit considering that you do not know a thing about me is pretty laughable.

Running servers? Been there and done that multiple times on various flavors of linux systems, it's part of my job description. Renting a vps from a game server broker is NOT running a server, that's pushing a button, that is ,as close to cooking turning on a microwave oven is.

That being said it doesn't give you a magical insight in game design and game balancing, that's why i suggested to leave this bit to those who know how to make a game.

Saying that the game is balanced as it stands at the date of this post is ridiculous. The weapons are unbalanced and catered to those who want to make it more realistic than a sandbox game should be. Who says that we cant fins an AS50/M107/L85 thermal if a zombie apocalypse happened. Saying that we should remove chopper crash sites as they are everywhere on dayz in real life you would hardly find a crash site.

Look at minecraft, there are all sorts of mods for the game, you have modpacks such as feed-the-beast and tekkit. If we respected the makers of the game we would not have such great mods for that game. The same goes for dayz if we respected the creators we wouldnt have breaking point, origins, taviana ect.

My point being if we had control over the items in the game, each server could cater for a certain player base. As an example before i closed my main server down i had people that wanted the retro dayz back, when you didnt need to worry about all of the crap you need to worry about now and you had a good choice of weapons with reasonable rarity on the spawns. but it wasnt possible. Anyway it would benefit a lot of servers and bring back some old style players.

I think it's silly to say that people aren't going to buy the standalone because of the new mods.. the new mods are simply added weapon packs and new buildings, the SA will be a completely different experience. If someone does stick to the mod because they think their Breaking Point is better, then they're probably going to be stuck with the other 10 or so people who feel the same, while everyone has moved on to the SA.  

Breaking Point is dead, Overwatch is shit. Those are the two single worst examples of mods for DayZ like as said before they are just weapon packs and buildings being thrown about. But what about Aftermath? Or maybe Origins(bad example I know)? They add vastly more then a few weapon packs and buildings. They add a new play style and a better reason to play. That being said at the time of the alpha release of standalone I can say not many people will play due to it being buggy(Welcome to alpha) and will likely flock to the newer mods such as Aftermath where there is much more reason to play. I.e redesigned weapons and sounds, houses, no helicopters, crafting. All the things the alpha won't have.

As for whether you should have access to server files such as dayz_anim.pbo Lady Kyrah: absolutely. I don't pay $30 a month for the same old shit. I pay the money to have a better experience said same old shit. Why should people come play on my server if it's stock? Why wouldn't I want to be able to give people a custom experience? Rockets vision was great..... when it came out. Standalone will be great months after it comes out and until then people need a reason to keep playing or the mod and this community will die.

There I have said my piece.