Sign in to follow this  
crazykid1297

Are pipebombs still legitimate items?

Hello,

I need to know if the pipebomb (satchel charge) is a banned item or a legitimate item on the DayZ public hive. Thanks!

im pretty sure there still legit, battleye haven't made them kick worthy and they still work as they used to.

im pretty sure there still legit, battleye haven't made them kick worthy and they still work as they used to.

yea they are fun to set a timer on and drive away from it as it blows up your objective in arma2 so I love em,super rare in dayz though like 100 dmrs for one charge.

I think satchel charges are still in the game

They're still legitimate (won't kick you) but I don't think they spawn anymore.

• Like 2

Do you guys suppose that blocking them on a hive server is acceptable? Hackers join and they love blowing up buildings, blocking them prevents that from happening.

Just checked the loot table for 1.7.7.1 and can confirm satchels are still in.

• Like 1

Thanks, well I think I might still block them on my server, and let players appeal their bans. There are scripters joining my server and blowing up cities with the damn things. Imo, the item should be removed entirely.

You could try just setting battleye to kick when they are placed, be better than having to deal with legit players being banned.

You could try just setting battleye to kick when they are placed, be better than having to deal with legit players being banned.

That's basically what I meant by "blocking" the item. Except now that when I see someone getting kicked for having one, I am going to temp ban them until they appeal out of precaution.

Why yes they are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQoaxkJx9UU

Its all down to What server's you are on, as i dont think They spawn anymore by defult

I do not believe they spawn anymore either. Which is part of the reason why I am blocking them. That, and script kiddies using them to blow tons of shit up. :)

I'm certain they do still spawn , here they are in the loot table

{"Binocular_Vector","military",0.01},
{"DZ_CivilBackpack_EP1","object",0.01}, // 24
{"DZ_Backpack_EP1","object",0.01}, // 24
//{"Body","object",0.2},
{"PipeBomb","magazine",0.01},
{"Sa58V_RCO_EP1","weapon",0.04},
{"Sa58V_CCO_EP1","weapon",0.04},

Do you guys suppose that blocking them on a hive server is acceptable? Hackers join and they love blowing up buildings, blocking them prevents that from happening.

If they are scripting them in, then stopping them spawning won't matter.

If they are scripting them in, then stopping them spawning won't matter.

I meant block with BattlEye filters, preventing them from being used in the game even if someone has one.

Due to some scripters who have joined my server recently I decided to block satchels from being used in-game and I will issue temporary bans to those who get kicked for trying to use them. At this point I strongly believe that the item should get removed as it's abused constantly by dupers and scripters. It becomes frustrating when you see the map torn up every other time you go to the coast.

can vouch for this as i was on the server crazykid is talking about when a hacker blew the balls off of elektro