Capital

Weapon Durability

This is a good suggestion. One thing I was thinking of was to make auto-feeding weapons less durable or prone to jamming, for the sole purpose of making bolt/lever/pump action rifles and revolvers more desirable.

I really like this idea, as long as it's well implemented. Realistic durability (I think I remember hearing most weapons can fire 1000+ rounds before needing serious maintenance) for each would make it something to keep an eye on, but not overtly gamey/cheap feeling.

That general figure would also make semi's more desirable in the long term than autos of course.

Also, weapons should only jam, totally breaking is kind of dumb.

No. I have a 80, 60, 30 and 20 year old guns. The only maintenance I do is clean them after I take it to the range which i dont even have to do except when Im using surplus corrosive ammo.

While I applaud you for taking the time to write your suggestion out' date=' I completely disagree. There is no way you'd be able to fire enough rounds to see an effect in one life. Not only that, but it would likely cause more issues with the saving system.

It would also be annoying as fuck. It is in ACE.

[/quote']

Absolutely.

For the record, even the supposedly unreliable AR-15/M16/M4 platform can fire 20,000+ rounds with only the most basic of maintenance (not even cleaning, essentially just light lubrication) and still function. There are photos floating around of an FN FAL that hasn't been cleaned in over 30,000 and is still functioning fine. While it is obviously not a good idea to do this, it goes to show how badly people underestimate the durability of modern 20th-century firearms.

Don't want to see this in the game.

For the record' date=' even the supposedly unreliable AR-15/M16/M4 platform can fire 20,000+ rounds with only the most basic of maintenance (not even cleaning, essentially just light lubrication) and still function. There are photos floating around of an FN FAL that hasn't been cleaned in over 30,000 and is still functioning fine. While it is obviously not a good idea to do this, it goes to show how badly people underestimate the durability of modern 20th-century firearms.

Don't want to see this in the game.

[/quote']

That is very true, but, like I stated before, I'd love to see failure to feeds or jams in auto-loading guns. Even the most lovingly maintained most modern platforms can suffer a failure to feed, it's pretty common. I say this for the sole purpose of making bolt/lever/pump/revolvers more desirable versus running around with all military spec gear. Would add an interesting dynamic. :)

That's not really realistic in itself though. Within the first 5 rounds I put through my functionally perfect, squeaky clean 91/30 I had a failure to feed immediately followed by a double feed which I am completely at a loss to explain. The Lee-Enfield will suffer rimlock jams if loaded incorrectly. Lever guns will choke on ammo sometimes.

That's not really realistic in itself though. Within the first 5 rounds I put through my functionally perfect' date=' squeaky clean 91/30 I had a failure to feed immediately followed by a double feed which I am completely at a loss to explain. ...[/quote']

Did you load it incorrectly?

I recomment method #2: