Sooba

Creating a map/tool to help clans coordinate

I've been working on this today and figgured I'd post my progress. The goal is to create a map that all the members of a clan can log in to (via password and server name) and it will be a consolidated tool the clan can use in real time.

Currently:

Can zoom and move map.

Can place pins.

Movable tools (top bar lets you drag them).

Can connect with friends online and edit a map together.

when not online you can save pins and should be able to load them after restarting the program.

Goals:

delete pins.

Add more placeable icons (camping tent, chopper crash site, vehicles).

Better Resolution map (use vector mapping).

Display gps coords when hovering over a pin.

Better Network Support (passwords, whitelist icon placers, etc).

Android Support (would require unity pro).

ability to save network map.

Pen Tool.

https://dl.dropboxus...an Map Beta.zip

(as is, it's semi use-able)

feel free to mirror.

also, would rather wait on a mod to say if its alright to put a tipjar on this forum? (money would go towards hopefully getting unity pro or to commision somone to draw icons).

Screenshot

screenshot_zps248a1639.png

Edited by Sooba
  • Like 4

is this live ?

as in tracking players live a server tool.

if so exploitation just got even worse.

This is great, I have been looking for something like this for a long time. The only ones I could find were on iphone/android however due to a tiny screen I find them not very pleasant. I am downloading it now.

• Like 1

is this live ?

as in tracking players live a server tool.

if so exploitation just got even worse.

no, it strictly only shows information that players enter into it.

no, it strictly only shows information that players enter into it.

So it is in no way connected to the actual dayz server right?

So it is in no way connected to the actual dayz server right?

exactly, its meant to be a tool, not a cheat. I imagine servers might host a password-less map and allow anyone to put pins on it but that would be pretty much the same thing as the in-game map.

You lost me when you said 'help clans'...

Haha only kidding. Nice little idea. But get something for the lone wolves as well, we're the ones that need help!

Nice this tool is so useful to the teams on our server! Nice one OP!

You lost me when you said 'help clans'...

Haha only kidding. Nice little idea. But get something for the lone wolves as well, we're the ones that need help!

would still work for the lone wolf but only as a tool to store the locations of things you have found.

32 Mb download of suspicious .exe? even google chrome complained it could be dangerous. So who else wants to lose their CD key?

Anyway by the sound of what you are trying to achieve you can do this with far far far less effort if you code it in in SQF using ingame map.

Edited by Killzone_Kid

32 Mb download of suspicious .exe? even google chrome complained it could be dangerous. So who else wants to lose their CD key?

Anyway by the sound of what you are trying to achieve you can do this with far far far less effort if you code it in in SQF using ingame map.

you make a good point, I'll upload a screenshot to the original post in an edit.

also, I hope to add a feature to let people upload their own images/maps to the program so it could be useful for other mod variants and possibly even other games. So strictly working in SQF is not an option (and I'm pretty sure running a SQF script ingame and in DayZ would get you banned by BattleEye as it would look like the ESP map hacks).

Edited by Sooba

If you try to hack into the game with your sqf script then yes, BE maybe will ban you, if you do it the legit way there is nothing to fear.

If you try to hack into the game with your sqf script then yes, BE maybe will ban you, if you do it the legit way there is nothing to fear.

either way, with starting from 'scratch' like this I get to build it the way it needs to be and through unity I can get a way to post a to a masterserver without having to host one myself.

Very awesome! I actually came up with the same idea a while back but unfortunately don't know the first thing about programming etc so this is really cool to see!

I originally was thinking of just a map you could basically draw on like those shared drawing sites/programs. I see you got the pen tool as a goal so that will be really nice. Being able to coordinate during a fight and draw on a map where you want your guys to go or where their guys are etc would help coordination a ton.

Actually it's a cool suggestion for standalone too if it could some how be implemented that you could draw on your map and share it with people directly or something.

Edited by Bororm

Very awesome! I actually came up with the same idea a while back but unfortunately don't know the first thing about programming etc so this is really cool to see!

I originally was thinking of just a map you could basically draw on like those shared drawing sites/programs. I see you got the pen tool as a goal so that will be really nice. Being able to coordinate during a fight and draw on a map where you want your guys to go or where their guys are etc would help coordination a ton.

Actually it's a cool suggestion for standalone too if it could some how be implemented that you could draw on your map and share it with people directly or something.

would love to see it as a feature in standalone along with a group system. Heh heh.