Sign in to follow this  
Vespecci

New player, would like advice.

Hey folks! Hopefully I'll be buying C.O from the summer steam sale ( that SHOULD start on thursday the 11th), and I know that there are either the DayZ Commander or the SIX installer that makes it more noob-friendly.

My questions are, do either program have an advantage over the other (IE: Commander is more up to date than SIX or vice versa)?

and

Has the popularity died off? I know I'm quite late to the bambi-party.. but are the official DayZ servers still populated, or am I going to have to find private hives? I'm not against private hives, as long as they are close or identical to official servers.

Thanks for the help folks! I apologise if I have misplaced this thread.

Cheers!

I would recommend commander, id say its pretty much always up to date and its interface is very simplistic.

As far as the official servers are concerned, yeah there popularity has died a little, there are still a few high pop main hive server out there that i play on but yeah private hives are generally more populated.

Can you recommend any private hive servers that I can apply for? or are they not whitelisted? ones preferably where hackers are dealt with fast and the admins are fair.

Okay mate! I'll def. check out the whitelisted one once I pick it up via Steam (during summer sale, hopefully)

DayZ Commander is definitely easier to use than playwithsix, but it only is used for DayZ mods, however, in my opinion everything is very straight forward with DayZ Commander.

Playwithsix is more encompassing with all kinds of mods for ARMA, not just DayZ mods, but I personally find the layout more confusing.

I tried SIX and almost punched my monitor in frustration. Finally downloaded commander and I'm impressed, this will be great to get my not-so-tech-savy friend to play DayZ

ive only been playing for a few hours, and dayz commander has helped a lot, i have jumped back and forth to many different servers with no problems at all

ive only been playing for a few hours, and dayz commander has helped a lot, i have jumped back and forth to many different servers with no problems at all

Yeah it's awesome!

1MoSAwb.jpg

Day Z Commander all the way it's simple to use laid out well easy to navigate.