macwireworld

RIP GB Wireworld Server - it was a lot fun.....

Hey all you Wireworld DayZ gamers,

Just to let you know that the server I rented has been turned off by the new owners of Wireworld and I didn't get a chance to get any data off it as it happened while I was in Hospital having my operation :(

The good news is that we have a new TS3 server called Soho Wales with the usual password if you'd like to keep in touch and I hope we all do. (You will have to search for it as it's a new IP)

If any of you want to get together and keep the Wireworld 'flame alive' I'm up for renting a server as long as we can share the monthly cost.

Thoughts?

Kindest regards as always

Mac

Edited by Mr Mac
  • Like 1

10 players whitelisted, only 30 spaces left, great feedback so far too for RealDayZ!

Get your slot now before they go.

Mr Mac

Wow, my findings thus far on Mac's new server...

Day 0: I spawned just west of Electro and not 50m from me, sitting quietly on the front steps of a random house, was some camo. Nice! Off to a good start. Ran into Electro and I immediately felt the pressure of what seemed liked infinite zombies breathing down my neck. BAM...infected on hit 4. I fortunately remembered that Mac said he was going fix the antibiotics issue with hospitals so I decided to test it out. Test #1 = pass. Found 2 antibiotics in the hospital and proceeded to get myself back up and running. After a decent loot run in Electro, I ran west to Cherno in desperate need of the some key, essential gear. I came across a new item I had not seen before in the military tents near the east hospital....a Makorov SD WITH SD clips!. Proceeded through the high residentials with a good amount of success.....all the while fearing the zombies like never before. Knowing full well getting infected sucks ass, I was much more cautious as I headed to the grocery store where my 2nd test of Mac's changes passed with flying colors. There was food in the grocery store and NEW food as well. Milk, pistachios, cans of stew, etc. Also seems like there is many more types of soda. Anyway, ran north to find some guns because I know that the server is soon to have bandits who will kill me on sight. Ran into Zub castle and jackpot. Found a DMR! Woot, woot! Continued north and I heard the faint sounds of a chopper growing louder. I looked east and there it was. It flew overhead. I looked up, praying to the Gods, "Crash, Crash, Crash!".....and all of a sudden my prayers were answered. It exploded violently in mid air and landed, I'd say 800 meters on an adjacent hill. I anxiously ran towards the crash and as I drew near, I saw several dead circling the crash site. I decided to take them out from afar and I was successful in doing so with my nice and shiny new DMR. Unfortunately, I failed to see the random zombie who came from the woods behind me and it clobbered me unconscious. I was full health and within seconds, down to nearly zero. After regaining consciousness, I nervously fumbled around trying to reload and failed to kill the Zed before I fell unconscious again. Chomp, chomp....Fortunately, on the next revive, I took the zombie out, ran by the heli crash, found a British assault backpack, and limped away into the woods. I have no idea what I got down to, but it had to have been less than 500 blood. Since, I'm a full blown hunter trying to get my health back.

Anyways, so far it has been extremely fun. I like the following...

1. Risk = Reward

2. I cringe at even getting touched by a zombie

3. Fresh server. It is an untouched frontier. I suggest joining soon and claiming your little piece of Chernarus paradise.

4. I haven't seen one vehicle yet. I think there are 10 on the server, but to me, that is going to make vehicles highly sought after.

Mac's got a winner here.

• Like 1

I think losing heart is a bit over descriptive of my last few weeks in the world of DayZ, not sure if it was/is the latest patch or the sun shining through my window that keeps pulling me into the real world?

But! I was definitely starting to pull away from DayZ and try new mods of Arma 2 and 3 out. I had heard rumor of a server that has been established since the birth of DayZ, that was going to return us back to the true survival genre that we all loved and still do.

RealDayZ is not quite a new take on the DayZ world but more a return to the original in a new style, using scripts such as vehicle salvage, air drops of care packages to help you in your early hours and beyond, awesome animated dynamic helicopter crashes and finally loot back in its respective areas, creating bottleneck situations, often ending with either a survivor limping off to lick his wounds, or a bandit or aggressive survivor lying in a pool of his own blood watching the egg timer of life dismiss him from his or her last clash.

Its early days here at RealDayz so its a great time to spawn on the beach and only be a few hours/days behind the regular server community players.

• Fair and friendly admin (just the one and a mature both in age and circumstance guy, who looks after his flock of DayZ'ites with a firm and fair hand).
  • Limited vehicle salvage, another great situation causer, creating shoot outs and hold ups over even the rustiest piece of smoking junk.
  • Solid friendly community in game and on the provided teamspeak server, even the bandits will ensure they leave your corpse in a respectful position ;-)
  • Team or solo play, whatever suits your needs.

Anyway, I'll try and get some video footage clipped together over the next few days to add to this post, but at the moment I'm a bit busy burying my goodies in the ground stash.

See you in RealDayZ soon !

Foo

• Like 1

isn't the name 'RealDayZ' is a little presumptuous

Here are the unique, game-changing features of this server that I am most excited about:

Exclusive whitelist of 40 active players

I look forward to playing with people who enjoy the server's ethos and who specifically want to be on it.

All the great fixes and features of v1.7.7.1, but with increased loot (especially important: antibiotics)

The ridiculously poor loot killed the game for many people recently and made it too laborious and boring.

Mac's aim is to have the loot just good enough to balance risk and reward properly.

Infinite ammo bug has been solved

You cannot quickly refill your ammo by putting used mags in your bag and logging out/in. Now every shot counts,

and you constantly worry about where you next mag is coming from, or whether you should swap your empty

high-grade weapon for an inferior gun.

Tent can be clipped again, and stashes can hold a useful amount if weapons, backpacks and items

This encourages base-building and scavenging, and for players to use the whole map.

No flyable choppers

Choppers are great fun, but they are simply too over-powered.

Only 10 ground vehicles on the server at any one time

The default is 42 vehicles. It will be interesting to see how quartering it affects gameplay.

I think without vehicles players may set-up tents/stashes nearer to hotspots. Vehicle spawns may be hotspots themselves.

95% of zombies are the new Viral type

The zombie behaviour can't be changed, but using the aggressive, powerful, infected ones is a great idea.

Military, supermarkets, hospitals, factories are hotspots again

The tension created in going to one of these places, even with only ten or twenty people on the server, is undeniable.

Nice selection of parameters and scripts

- anti-combat logging

- tents remain after death

- full-moon nights

- helicrash animation every hour

- care packages every 20 mins

- strip parts from vehicles

- random air-raids (military trying to cleanse the infection?)

Hopefully all this means the server will have:

- A moderate number of dedicated players with a similar mindset (if that's at all possible).

- An environment that is challenging in the right way, not just because there is no loot.

- A balance between PvE and PvP - mostly scavenging and repairing, but with frequent player encounters.

- A community that is aggressive enough to keep things interesting, but also good natured & entertaining.

- Gameplay which is less like Arma/Wasteland and more like surviving in a collapsed society.

I think that's what Mac meant when he chose the name 'Real DayZ'.

Edited by Anti
  • Like 1

Thanks exactly what I meant Anti. :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: for you!

Edited by Mr Mac

zohN and me will give it a try Mac! :D

Glad to here it guys, I've put a lot of work into this!!!

Kind regards

Mac

25 players whitelisted, only 15 more whitelist spaces left for this week.....

V1.01 released today, changelog in first post.

Mr Mac

TLDR: Just because Teamspeak has friendly banter, it doesn't mean you need to trust everyone and play friendly. And also, don't be a douche!

Just thought I'd post some advice for new players.

Compared to other servers, we've got a very friendly Teamspeak (which all players are obliged to use). However, this can cause problems if it isn't used thoughtfully. One of the main problems is that people get too friendly and end up agreeing not to shoot each other or raid each other's camps. That's all very nice, but these informal alliances can actually make the game quite boring. The other problem is that some people run with each other temporarily, building a camp and repairing vehicles, but then they part ways and change groups. In that situation it is very hard not to betray your former comrade's stashes to your new friends.

So I suggest the following to protect yourself:

· Don't give your position in TS (or sidechat), unless you are actually looking for some PvP action.

· If someone does unwittingly give their position, think before you run off and hunt them, whether it would be an satisfying, honourable kill.

· Move to another channel if you need to discuss your tactics, plans, camps or vehicles with a comrade.

· Never show people your vehicles or bases - even the nicest people cannot be trusted with a secret.

If you do get shot by someone after saying your position or where you're heading, it's basically your own fault!

Also, so you don't get a reputation for being a douche:

· Only make promises and allegiances that you can honour. Think about your deals carefully, and how it will affect your gameplay.

· If a person has shown you location in trust, then respect that as far as you can if you 'switch sides': Keep the information to yourself.

· You don't need to rape & destroy every single camp you find. Sometimes it's better for overall gameplay to take just what you need and leave.

· Never say that you're friendly on TS and then shoot a person when they come to meet you; lying is not a valid tactic, and may get you banned.

Edited by Anti
  • Like 2

Whitelist update: 30+ players now whitelisted!

Next update: Slight reduction in Barracks loot spawns.

Mr Mac

The build right now is really good, had a lot of fun playing today.

• Like 1

V1.02 released,

Barracks loot chance has been turned down 1 notch. Thanks infy :D

Kind regards

Mac

so looking forward to playing this server hope fully ill be stealing ya beanz soon =D

• Like 1

I have to say, Mr. Mac did a great job with this server.

Usually, walking into Elektro to grab some food at the supermarket is a piece of cake with no real risk associated with it.. But not on this server. This server turns something simple into an exciting challenge.

I had an AK-74 and a M1911, but I was lacking food because I had used it all to restore some blood after the zombies nearly knocked it all out of me. Since food only spawns in the markets I knew where to go, and I was at the Elektro fire station so it was a short walk. I crouch-ran towards the market (not something I would do during day, but it was night so I was fine), and as soon as I get within 20 meters of it I hear the air raid sirens going off. Now I have survived an air raid in the market before, but it was a close one and I didn't want to take the risk again. So I start crouch-running up the hill to the forest for cover and after 50 meters I have to drop to the prone to avoid being detected by some zombies. I kept crawling and about 5 seconds later the bombs start falling. Right on top of me no less. I keep crawling because I assumed I was just outside the bombing area and I really don't want the zombies chasing me. Then a bomb lands near me and knocks me unconscious, bleeding fast. After about 5 seconds I'm back up and sprinting up the hill a ways. I stopped to bandage myself before my condition got too bad when a bomb lands directly on me and kills me.

Scavenging is no longer a boring but necessary part of the game, it is a heart racing challenge with a very present risk of death.

-Preston

• Like 1

Dynamic Helicopter Crashes upped to every 30 Mins.... AN2 Cargo Drops every 45 mins too......

Kind Regards

Mr Mac

Yeah, the air-raids add a nice random factor to contend with.

I was starting to drop blood from thirst, and went to Stary market quite confidently. I got there and found the market was already razed to the ground, and had to quickly improvise before my blood dropped further. Another time I made a long trip to a military spawn, which then got bombed just as I arrived.

The zombies can only be made so difficult before they simply become impossible and annoying, so anything else that makes the game more difficult and dangerous is quite welcome. I like AI patrols for that reason. In the same vein, I've often wondered if someone could mod the dog that was in the game to roam around randomly in small packs and attack players from time to time.

• Like 1