TheRealBuddha

Standalone Skin Discussion.

I know in the SA that we can find our own clothes and equip them as we wish. But will there be any sort of bandit/hero classification? I see it going to ways:

1. Everyone assumes each other is a bandito and KoS

2. Everyone assumes each other is a survivor/hero and we all get along

What do you guys think?

It will be the First way for most.As it is now.

However if you play careful enough you should also be able to help players.Skins are an Immersion breaker.

At present there is no 'humanity' system in the standalone. I don't think it's been ruled out completely though. I'd quite like to see a humanity system of sorts but less obtrusive than the bandit/survivor/hero skins.

And killing everyone you see isn't?

No, actually, it's not. Watch The Walking Dead. I think it attempts (keyword attempts) to demonstrate what would happen in a zombie Apocalypse.

Of course, I'm one to say people are too freaking friendly these days. Can't get into a server where there isn't someone saying, "looking for someone to group up with," and generally you get server clans that are extremely friendly with things like taxi services, food donations, and even allowing their own house for public use.

I'm personally sick and tired of friendlies. If you think it is bad now, can't wait to see what you will think when the game comes out. Especially on servers owned by bandits. But chances are high the people who are tired of kos are going to survivor servers, which we did have at the beginning of the mod. We had groups dedicating their movements to protecting the coast.

You can find friendlies easily. You can find bandits easily. They are there.

I remember reading somewhere that rocket said something about bandit skins.

I think he said that without bandit skins, no one would trust absolutely anyone, and that's not what he's going for.

Nametag system would be nice, under your name it would say like this (Survivor) or (Bandit), or (Hero) if you point your crosshair at someone

Edited by Aporis

I think subtle hints and well balanced game mechanics would fix that.

Nametag system would be nice, under your name it would say like this (Survivor) or (Bandit), or (Hero) if you point your crosshair at someone

No, this is exactly what they are trying to get rid of by removing the hero and bandit skins. In real life you don't know if someone is a drug addict or not if you haven't spoken to them. That's what we want in the SA. Full immersion is what the devs are aiming for

And killing everyone you see isn't?

I never said that ,i just said MOST people are going to play that way.I for myself find that a annoying thing to but as i said before ,not killing everyone doesn`t mean trusting everyone.Play careful and you can play friendly.

Flip a coin before you join a server, heads bandit, tails hero. Stick to it until death.

No double sided coins allowed.

Anybody remember the heartbeat mechanic implemented a few patches back that cued you to a players humanity level?

Considering that we can find clothes and customise our character to look how we want it doesn't make sense that we would suddenly get a bandit or hero skin to override that.

Hopefully there is something a bit more subtle to differentiate between bandits and heroes - like big fucking devil horns or massive glowing haloes.