vladi009

{Weapon}Bow and Arrow

Bow and Arrow(and quiver) is not something you will find in any kind

of houses since its not a common weapon.

Use of the wildness:

The towns are a death spot and people risk their lives getting near them

Wich will force some players to go live in the wood.

Players should be able to hunt animals for leather(quiver) and make

A bow from wood(the string of the bow should be found in barns).

The arrows would be made from wood and sharpned stone(hunting knife+

stone)The idea of the weapon is to make the players adapt to survive

in wildness.Theres alot more weapons players can make from the wild

like a shiv or even medicine from plants(of couse the players will need a way to gather information from a hospital maybe)Of couse the weapons

would be less effective then once you find in town but its still a weapon.

Since its alot safer to make those kinds of weapons and items then it should be also time consuming and making the player move around searching for resources and tools to harvest those resources and even knowledge about the resources.

So if this thread will get popular and rocket will have a chance to see it

i hope he will consider to add it to the game.I have some minor coding experience so i can imagine the amount of time it will take to make this.

I have hopes for this to go in the game but im not expectining anything

Coding all of that would be a nightmare.

Just saying.

If anything, a bow ingame would be like the crossbow, and possibly modern. The arrows would probably be like the crossbow bolts, and would spawn in buildings. Making the arrows and bow would take SO much work it would drive people crazy. Sure, you would have a renewable resource in terms of weapons, but have you used a crossbow? The bolts are glitchy, the damage sucks for how much room the bolts take, and adding in a quiver would take the space of some other item (backpack? Sidearm? What?).

Or what if you could have a laptop with sattelite internet?

Then we could use the search function in game.

bows are kinda nice, but there are many weapons including a crossbow. Just make bolts stack a little

It's an interesting idea, but I really don't think towns are anywhere near dangerous enough (or guns anywhere near rare enough) to prompt survivors into making their own crude bow and arrow. If they added this feature to the game right now, it would come across as more of a fun gimmick for people who like bow and arrows than a useful and worthwhile survival method.

If they really wanted to satisfy the urges of people who want to use a bow and arrow, it would probably make more sense to just stick a modern compound bow into the game as a rare hunting item that can be found.

Somehow i doubt there will be internet connection in chernaus

And bows should be able to stack is quiver

Well you can count how mutch you died near town and how mutch in

a place with no civilazation nearby.And with the last update town are even more death filled.I dont really belive towns are too easy nor should they

be easier or harder

Due to the way magazines work, and how bolts for crossbows are individual, I would assume that each bolt is a single magazine, and that is why you reload after every shot. You can't make them stack. I haven't use the Lee Enfield ingame, but from looking at the texture it seems to be the bolt-action version, yet people fire it in semi-auto fashion.

This leads me to believe that arrows would work EXACTLY the same as bolts, and a quiver would not help. That would be just adding another item ingame, and forcing the devs to code a reason for it to be there.

To code those combined of Hunting Knife+Rock=Arrow Head, in a game where combining items doesn't seem to happen, it would be a nightmare. And for what? A bow they could add as a loot spawn? Nah, not happening.

Using a bow and arrow IRL takes allot of practice to be good at hitting anything further than 30 feet away.. would look kinda dumb seeing a bunch of people running around with bows tbh..

Crossbows are included because pretty much ANYONE can pick one up and be fairly good with it.

Coding all of that would be a nightmare.

Just saying.

If anything' date=' a bow ingame would be like the crossbow, and possibly modern. The arrows would probably be like the crossbow bolts, and would spawn in buildings. Making the arrows and bow would take SO much work it would drive people crazy. Sure, you would have a renewable resource in terms of weapons, but have you used a crossbow? The bolts are glitchy, the damage sucks for how much room the bolts take, and adding in a quiver would take the space of some other item (backpack? Sidearm? What?).

[/quote']

Well going to get the resources for now would be a nightmare

but theres one thing that positive and its that a bow is quiet

and that can save a life.shure its hell to get the bow and arrow and quiver but its also hell to go all the way to NW airport for quite weapon

and your not even guranteed to come back alive.I think the quiver should take up to 2 or 3 inventory slots becouse it cant be side-arm

since no one is dumb enught to throw their quiver at a zombie and it cant be backpack cuz its too small,lets not forget the quiver is very light too

Using a bow and arrow IRL takes allot of practice to be good at hitting anything further than 30 feet away.. would look kinda dumb seeing a bunch of people running around with bows tbh..

Crossbows are included because pretty much ANYONE can pick one up and be fairly good with it.

Youre right that it takes practive but you can say the same thing about almost EVERY gun in the game,i mean most people dont know how to reload and i bet no one knows how to operate a sniper rifle but players still master the weapon they pick up the SECOND they have it.

a place with no civilazation nearby.And with the last update town are even more death filled.I dont really belive towns are too easy nor should they

be easier or harder

Well of course you're more likely to die in a town than out in the wilderness, but I still don't think that's enough incentive for players to avoid towns completely and resort to making crude bow and arrows in the woods to survive. Not unless you significantly reduce the amount of guns that can be found as loot.

Chernogorsk is supposedly one of the most dangerous places in the game, yet i've looted it half a dozen times in one life before, finding a ton of loot in the process. :-/ Why would I bother resorting to making bows and arrows in the wilderness (aside for the novelty value) when it's so easy for me to loot towns?

This has already been suggested and I already said no to it.

Okay, well then the quiver is useless, as it is in your inventory and not in a slot where it can actually work.

Also, if you want a quiet weapon, get a crossbow. Similar concept. Try it out. You'll find how glitchy the bolts are, and how 'silent' isn't always 'better'. Plus, arrows wouldn't stack. So your main weapon is taken up by the Bow, the arrows take up on space each, and the quiver takes two. You'll have very little room for food, painkillers, water, etc, and you'd be forced to keep that in the backpack.

And that isn't even mentioning the insanity of coding in the crafting process for the bows and arrows. Lots of work, almost no incentive, and very little coming from it. This probably won't happen. Best you'll see is a reskinned crossbow as a Modern Bow, with bolts reskinned into arrows. No quiver.

Seriously, try out crossbows ingame and come back.

be easier or harder

Well of course you're more likely to die in a town than out in the wilderness' date=' but I still don't think that's enough incentive for players to avoid towns completely and resort to making crude bow and arrows in the woods to survive. Not unless you significantly reduce the amount of guns that can be found as loot.

Chernogorsk is supposedly one of the most dangerous places in the game, yet i've looted it half a dozen times in one life before, finding a ton of loot in the process. :-/ Why would I bother resorting to making bows and arrows in the wilderness (aside for the novelty value) when it's so easy for me to loot towns?

[/quote']

Well i wasnt saying that every should go:"Fuck civilization im living in tha' wood" And youre right its easier to go to a town and risk it.

Now the REAL question to make this go to the game is asking:

How can we make using the wild a FUN experience.

Now what attracts players to town even more then loot?The thrill and the action.Players should not avoid town but imagine a situation where you have about 4k blood left and you know going to a town will probably mean youre death?Wouldnt you be glad that you can make medicine or a bow from the wild.Now if anyone thinks its a good idea why not give a hint on how can it work to be fun.We all know Rocket is an amazing coder from dayZ and i bet he wont refuse this kind of challange i mean can it possibly be more complicated then what he has done so far?

Okay' date=' well then the quiver is useless, as it is in your inventory and not in a slot where it can actually work.

Also, if you want a quiet weapon, get a crossbow. Similar concept. Try it out. You'll find how glitchy the bolts are, and how 'silent' isn't always 'better'. Plus, arrows wouldn't stack. So your main weapon is taken up by the Bow, the arrows take up on space each, and the quiver takes two. You'll have very little room for food, painkillers, water, etc, and you'd be forced to keep that in the backpack.

And that isn't even mentioning the insanity of coding in the crafting process for the bows and arrows. Lots of work, almost no incentive, and very little coming from it. This probably won't happen. Best you'll see is a reskinned crossbow as a Modern Bow, with bolts reskinned into arrows. No quiver.

Seriously, try out crossbows ingame and come back.

[/quote']

I did try it and if you read the whole thread you see im not talking about the bow only but about other items that you can get from the wild

Now im shure theres a way you could stack the arrows like flares in condition you have a quiver so it should only take 3 slots with the arrows.If rocket would consider it really then he will find a way to make it work,glitches with bolts can be fixed and im talking about huge amounts of arrows and they all do one shot kills to zeds and will make players fall down.one arrow require very little wood and stone so it should stack quickly and easilly

Okey so so mutch hate comments in so little time,to me this kind of feature would be nice

and if you think so too then post a suggestion to make it work cuz i cant answer all

the questions about making it work.