Crewxxblah

I'm new and need tips

Shoot on sight! NO PRISONERS!, watch them scream for mercy. Ahem, I am sorry. On the subject, you need to shoot on sight, or at least confirm if the person you've met is peaceful. It really safes your skin, oh and always correct them on Ze grammar.

OH und trinken Sie nie THE MOUNTAIN DEW!

I am disgusted with my self, I should've said Save, instead of "safe", I'm going to cry in the corner now...

Don't go to the top (3rd) floor of fire stations; there's no loot and no cover from snipers.

Be FAST when running in and out of Cherno and Elektro. Don't worry about zombies chasing you, if you dart in and out of buildings (in the front door, out the back) the zombies will slow down inside. When you get out, crouch and stop running; you'll make less noise and the zombies will lose interest (so you don't have to deal with zombies).

Fire axes don't automatically equip as weapons, so don't think that because you see on the ground you can pick it up and hack everything chasing you. It's actually a giant pain in the ass to pick up and equip.

Don't use ladders as a zombie escape; you move so slow on them, your legs will be broken by the zombies chasing you by the time you're out of reach. Even if you make it to the roof without dying, the zombies will NOT leave, even if other players start making noise; they will outwait you.

Throw flares and smoke grenades at every building you aren't going to loot that's at least 30 feet from you. The zombies will go investigate those buildings instead of you, and bandits (the assholes with guns that kill new players) will be searching those buildings as well.

Do not say "Hi" to anyone unless:

• It's an emergency
  • You have a gun
  • You're behind them
Tell them to drop their gun or you'll break their freaking legs. If they aren't holding a gun, tell them to stand still while your search their backpack for one. If they don't comply, kill them and run! Zombies will chase you.

Never trust your life to a pistol in DayZ. Ever. They are weak as can be vs players and zombies. ONLY use them in emergencies. If you've got at least 3 magazines for your non-sniper rifle primary weapon (AK mags, M16 mags, et cetera) don't even bother storing more than 2 pistol magazines; bandages will do more to save your life.

Even if you don't have the means of making a fire (matchbox/fireaxe) shoot and gut every animal you see when out of town (requires knife). Players will trade you for raw meat, and I've known lots of players to leave burning fireplaces behind and/or make them for other players. It's quite nice of them :) (also burning fires attract zombies/players so be careful).

Establish a loot route in at least 3 cities. Mine are Chernogorsk, Elektrozavodsk, and a city southwest of Stary Sobor I don't know the name of. All 3 cities have fire stations and supermarkets, where you find guns and food (respectively). They're the greatest places for supplies but NEVER go into one thinking it's safe.

90% of players will tell you the Lee Enfield is a really bad gun. It's fucking amazing. 1-hit kills vs anything.

only ass burgers with a dmr up the but will call the lee bad.

JK

^but yea this is good info^

Edited by meat pie

Shoot on sight! NO PRISONERS!, watch them scream for mercy. Ahem, I am sorry. On the subject, you need to shoot on sight, or at least confirm if the person you've met is peaceful. It really safes your skin, oh and always correct them on Ze grammar.

OH und trinken Sie nie THE MOUNTAIN DEW!

Oh damn the nazis, I thought I got away from you guys in metro last light.

only ass burgers with a dmr up the but will call the lee bad.

JK

^but yea this is good info^

You could have easily taken out my wall of text in the quote. XD

Don't go to the top (3rd) floor of fire stations; there's no loot and no cover from snipers.

This is wrong. I have been to the third floor of fire stations before and found weapons on vanilla public hive servers, once I found an m24 up there. If I had listened to this I would be m24-less.

Also the thing about pistols, they are more of a zombie killer than a player killer. If I have a lee I'd much rather take out the 3 zombies about to corner me by headshotting with my m1911, pistols can be very useful, and can easily take out close-ranged players aswell( body-shot spam never fails me). I tend to carry 4 bandages and leave the other 4 slots for pistol ammo, as I don't bleed very much.

Edited by Plexico

This is wrong. I have been to the third floor of fire stations before and found weapons on vanilla public hive servers, once I found an m24 up there. If I had listened to this I would be m24-less.

Also the thing about pistols, they are more of a zombie killer than a player killer. If I have a lee I'd much rather take out the 3 zombies about to corner me by headshotting with my m1911, pistols can be very useful, and can easily take out close-ranged players aswell( body-shot spam never fails me). I tend to carry 4 bandages and leave the other 4 slots for pistol ammo, as I don't bleed very much.

Really? Huh! I've never found anything up there... and other than assault rifles/pistols I've only ever found a DMR.

And a M911 vs a Lee Enfield when fighting zombies is kind of a no-duh... :)