Sign in to follow this  
GrumpyGat (DayZ)

A question for my fellow uploaders.

Hey guys,

I have been losing my god damn mind uploading videos to youtube recently. My brilliant quality, high resolution, +20gb video files are being converted down into crappy, pixelated, low bitrate mp4 files. I dont know if this is due to some change in youtubes conversion practices, or if this is just effecting me directly, but it makes absolutely no sense. take at look at the last video I uploaded:

My render settings are a culmination of all the suggested render settings according to popular uploaders, so I cant imagine my render settings are the issue.

Anyone else having issues with this?

Thanks guys

Edited by GrumpyGat
  • Like 1

I haven't uploaded anything for a while but have you tried rendering as .avi and converting to .mp4 with easy h.264? The quality translates to YouTube pretty much flawlessly.

I haven't uploaded anything for a while but have you tried rendering as .avi and converting to .mp4 with easy h.264? The quality translates to YouTube pretty much flawlessly.

I will definitely give that a shot, at this point I am willing to do anything

If it's filetype, I use .wmv for mine, and my quality seems fine to me, par some very slight blurriness:

• Like 1

If it's filetype, I use .wmv for mine, and my quality seems fine to me, par some very slight blurriness:

Ya I encode it as a WMV at high quality VBR, still gets destroyed by youtube.

Hmm, weird. I start with raw avi. files and then convert them to WMV files. When I upload the quality stays the same. I'd double check your encoding settings, a 15 min HD vid I uploaded recently was only 591mb in size so if you have 20Gig files it sounds like somethings wrong unless they're extremely long vids.

Edited by Fraggle

Hmm, weird. I start with raw avi. files and then convert them to WMV files. When I upload the quality stays the same. I'd double check your encoding settings, a 15 min HD vid I uploaded recently was only 591mb in size so if you have 20Gig files it sounds like somethings wrong unless they're extremely long vids.

Not long just very high quality, almost capture quality. I used Dxtory for the majority of my recording, which provides me with avi files as well. everything looks amazing until its actually uploaded. then shit hits the fan.

On a side note ... I like your videos ... good job. :)

• Like 1

I encode .wmv if I'm lazy and using WLMM (which isn't at all bad), or .avi if I'm using Sony Vegas Pro/Camtasia Studio.

Not long just very high quality, almost capture quality. I used Dxtory for the majority of my recording, which provides me with avi files as well. everything looks amazing until its actually uploaded. then shit hits the fan.

Yeah, I know what you mean.. I've had and still have só much trouble with recording and uploading..