Otleaz

Something Needs Changing

Haha wow you guys are really missing the OP's point.

What everyone's response is: LOL you want the game easier' date=' l2p noob. If you want meds go to the hospital.

What the OP is saying: This game is too easy. Instead of being forced to go to a hospital to get meds, people can just kill newly spawned dudes on the beach.

I kinda agree with the OP. If I have been up north and used my morphine and painkillers and need to resupply. It is 10 times easier to just kill a random guy on the beach in kamenka and take his stuff instead of having to go to a hospital where snipers are watching 90% of the time.

How to fix? Maybe give new spawned players some unique type of painkillers and morphine that are not lootable or get destroyed upon death. Not having these on spawn would probably make it too hard for new players, so it would be a bad idea to remove them.

This would cause a lot more traffic to the hospitals because there isn't a endless supply of meds spawning on the beaches that can be farmed.

[/quote']

I caught the idea with my first post, a few pages back. But yeah, I agree.

Edit: I think that new spawns shouldn't start with morphine, but painkillers are believable. How many households do you know have straight up morphine on hand in their medicine cabinets? How many have a bottle of aspirin or painkillers? I mean, maybe keep one for that unlucky knockdown you're bound to have scavenging as a newbie, but two? (Do they start with two or three? I haven't spoken to any newly spawned/died in a while.)

Sorry, it's just easier to generalize :p

My comment about removing the noob meds was sort of a indirect response to you.

Sorry' date=' it's just easier to generalize :p

My comment about removing the noob meds was sort of a indirect response to you.

[/quote']

Yeah, it's nice to have some people to talk to who can comprehend what's going on in the thread. :p

Yeah, it would be fine if players didn't have morphine from the start. I've even thought about players starting with nothing at all, but that might be a little too hardcore for some.

Its good that its just a mod. Imagine if this was a large company and the guy that started the thread had an equal say in how the mod was run. It would be like disneyland. Rocket needs to retain total control otherwise nubs will dilute the gameplay

The OP is acting like a dick, but he does have a point. I think it would be best if new characters didn't have morphine or pills. Especially not pills, given how bloody rare they are otherwise.

It's actually kind of backwards: you can find morphine from every second barn but pills are way rarer. To make things even more ridiculous, morphine is next to useless as you can't even use it if you're not "hurt enough". Just doesn't make any sense.

So yeah, best solution would be either to take the pills away from new characters OR make them somewhat more abundant in general. Or both, I mean, what modern household doesn't have some painkillers lying around these days? However, morphine should be taken away completely from newbs and made more rare, BUT also more useful.

The OP is acting like a dick' date=' but he does have a point. I think it would be best if new characters [i']didn't have morphine or pills. Especially not pills, given how bloody rare they are otherwise.

It's actually kind of backwards: you can find morphine from every second barn but pills are way rarer. To make things even more ridiculous, morphine is next to useless as you can't even use it if you're not "hurt enough". Just doesn't make any sense.

So yeah, best solution would be either to take the pills away from new characters OR make them somewhat more abundant in general. Or both, I mean, what modern household doesn't have some painkillers lying around these days? However, morphine should be taken away completely from newbs and made more rare, BUT also more useful.

I agree, morphine should just be in hospitals and military areas, taken from newbie loadout and painkillers made more plentiful all-around.

Haha wow you guys are really missing the OP's point.

What everyone's response is: LOL you want the game easier' date=' l2p noob. If you want meds go to the hospital.

What the OP is saying: This game is too easy. Instead of being forced to go to a hospital to get meds, people can just kill newly spawned dudes on the beach.

I kinda agree with the OP. If I have been up north and used my morphine and painkillers and need to resupply. It is 10 times easier to just kill a random guy on the beach in kamenka and take his stuff instead of having to go to a hospital where snipers are watching 90% of the time.

How to fix? Maybe give new spawned players some unique type of painkillers and morphine that are not lootable or get destroyed upon death. Not having these on spawn would probably make it too hard for new players, so it would be a bad idea to remove them.

This would cause a lot more traffic to the hospitals because there isn't a endless supply of meds spawning on the beaches that can be farmed.

[/quote']

Good post but you have overlooked one MAJOR problem. Wouldn't the hospitals just become a huge dm zone?

I say leave it the way it is. Much more unforgiving which is what makes this game so good.

Well SORRY for being a dick. Not easy to stay in a good mood when you are repeatedly insulted just because some people don't know how to read.

Good post but you have overlooked one MAJOR problem. Wouldn't the hospitals just become a huge dm zone?

I say leave it the way it is. Much more unforgiving which is what makes this game so good.

That could of course happen. If it were to become a problem maybe give morphine and pills a small chance to drop in residential buildings or something. As it is the only unique thing about hospitals is the blood bags, and they aren't even that important once you get a hunting knife and matches

I just don't think it's unforgiving enough. There are too many pills in the game. Almost every time I run into a dead body and his weapons and ammo have been looted, the meds are left behind

I just don't think it's unforgiving enough. There are too many pills in the game. Almost every time I run into a dead body and his weapons and ammo have been looted' date=' the meds are left behind

[/quote']

Inflation is another huge problem with this system, I can't believe I didn't realize that before. Since new characters come in with them, PKers have an infinite supply, and since PKers have an infinite supply, PKKers have an infinite supply.

Morphine spawning at hospitals AND military camps seems like a decent tradeoff with the camps that have sprung up in the past couple patches. Maybe a slim chance to get blood bags from medical tents as well?

Well SORRY for being a dick. Not easy to stay in a good mood when you are repeatedly insulted just because some people don't know how to read.

I wasn't insulting you, I was just saying your suggestion is unnecessary at best. The scenarios and problems you are imagining up are just that, imaginary. If it were such a huge problem, there would of been thread after thread of people complaining about this.

So we start out with basic medical supplies, and there are those of you who are saying this is breaking immersion because who carries morphine with them. Well there's also a huge amount of US military grade weapons laying around the island which is based on the Czech Republic. Where's all the slav weapons at? You could nitpick the system all day, you could take basic supplies away and only give the starting player a gun and ammo, and then people would complain that its too hard to get a foothold in the game.

You could leave it at is, and you could have a player poaching newly spawned players for their meds, and while hes looting it a new player could run up and put his makarov to his head and bam, he just earned himself some better gear.

The whole system is dependent on how far you've been inland, because there have been plenty times i've been way out with broken legs and nothing to fix it with, and had to drag my body for over an hour. Sure theres tons of supplies in the city and near the coast (as it should be), but up north you're lucky to find some pills, let alone morphine and blood.

I wasn't insulting you' date=' I was just saying your suggestion is unnecessary at best. The scenarios and problems you are imagining up are just that, imaginary. If it were such a huge problem, there would of been thread after thread of people complaining about this.

So we start out with basic medical supplies, and there are those of you who are saying this is breaking immersion because who carries morphine with them. Well there's also a huge amount of US military grade weapons laying around the island which is based on the Czech Republic. Where's all the slav weapons at? You could nitpick the system all day, you could take basic supplies away and only give the starting player a gun and ammo, and then people would complain that its too hard to get a foothold in the game.

You could leave it at is, and you could have a player poaching newly spawned players for their meds, and while hes looting it a new player could run up and put his makarov to his head and bam, he just earned himself some better gear.

The whole system is dependent on how far you've been inland, because there have been plenty times i've been way out with broken legs and nothing to fix it with, and had to drag my body for over an hour. Sure theres tons of supplies in the city and near the coast (as it should be), but up north you're lucky to find some pills, let alone morphine and blood.

[/quote']

I actually wasn't talking about you. You were seemingly the only one that didn't try being offensive. I was trying to be level headed with you, though I admit that was hard because you were defending one of the people that I described.

I did already state that the reason there hasn't been a thread about it is because it isn't a problem at first glance. I'm not going to reiterate here. Also please try to remember that we aren't going over scenarios here. It is simply more dangerous to go to a hospital than to take out a new character, and that is where the problem lies... an imbalance in the Risk vs Reward.

"Deciding HOW you want to survive and what lengths you'll go to to do it?"

Sadly this game only has one viable option for those of us who aren't in a clan. Kill any player you see. PvP hotspots exists, true, but from my experience you are as likely to be killed at NW airfield as you are in any small random town in the interior...

This of cause is not a flaw in the game design, it has something to do with the players being unwilling to help each other and the general mentality that DayZ is just another Deathmatch Game.

I hate the direction it has taken, but I've simply chosen to adapt. Sadly this means kill everything you see if you get the chance, because even noobs with makarovs can be a huge threat.

"Deciding HOW you want to survive and what lengths you'll go to to do it?"

Sadly this game only has one viable option for those of us who aren't in a clan. Kill any player you see. PvP hotspots exists' date=' true, but from my experience you are as likely to be killed at NW airfield as you are in any small random town in the interior...

This of cause is not a flaw in the game design, it has something to do with the players being unwilling to help each other and the general mentality that DayZ is just another Deathmatch Game.

I hate the direction it has taken, but I've simply chosen to adapt. Sadly this means kill everything you see if you get the chance, because even noobs with makarovs can be a huge threat.

[/quote']

I'm a bandit, and killing everyone I see is generally how I play, but when I play alone, if theres a bunch of people I see and I know I can't get out without being seen or I need something, I've actually never had much of a problem getting friendly with them, usually they're pretty cautious just because of my skin, and I never turn my back on them, but I've yet to have a bad experience on the dozen or so times I went the friendly route.

Simply shouting "IM FRIENDLY IN STARY" over global chat isn't enough, if people expect others to respond well to stuff like that then that's their own fault.

The game hasn't become a deathmatch at all in my opinion, there's a bigger emphasis on survival than ever for me. Those that want to sit in Chernagorsk playing Deathmatch, power to them, it only makes the game more fun for me.

Buy Altace Online Borstel, But they never saw more of them than is above narrated. she was inspired to seek direction from him who was the organ of the divine will to her, as usual, Es kam hinzu und war vielleicht entscheidend, I am a friend to not many superlatives, Soon after I came into Germany, With the Kafirs, leaving Morgan to operate against the Louisville and Nashville Railroad. Helen defended her admiration, For as God will shew his indignation against the false man, How long do you mean to stop here, coper bericut. dayzmod.com