Otleaz

Something Needs Changing

....But they aren't a target for their medical supplies. This is the first time i've seen a person complain of people poaching newbies for their 'precious' bandages and morphine. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them a troll or an elitist.

....But they aren't a target for their medical supplies. This is the first time i've seen a person complain of people poaching newbies for their 'precious' bandages and morphine. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them a troll or an elitist.

No, that does not. The fact that he is arguing against something I never mentioned, implied, argued, or HINTED AT makes him a troll, and calling me casual makes him an elitist.

And you don't need people complaining about something for it to be a problem. The targets of these attacks don't understand that they are being targeted for their medicine, or they don't consider it, and the attackers don't stop and consider that it might just be bad for the game that they can circumvent killing dangerous players or going into dangerous territories by attacking these poorly armed new characters.

I don't think I'd hunt someone for their bandages since they spawn in common loot piles, but morphine? If I was hurting for it and didn't want to head to a hotspot, why not shoot a guy running down the coast for the morphine?

I'm not particularly aggressive towards players, but if I needed something enough, I'd blast another survivor for morphine or food if it was last resort urgency.

I honestly don't know how you have ANY problem getting pills and morphine. All over hospitals and medtents there are medboxes that contain like 5-10 of each as well as Epi and Blood bags.

Other than that' date=' going into Chern or Elektro I have not once failed to find a corpse with painkillers or morphine or both when I needed them.

The fact you're the only person I've ever seen complain about a lack of to these items shows that it's not at all something that "needs" to change.

[/quote']

Reading comprehension is your friend, why do you abuse him?

I'm making suggestions and pointing out bad game design, not complaining. I wouldn't care even if these supplies were at the top of a mountain inside a fort completely crawling with bandits. The issue here is that the easiest way to get pills and morphine is to kill new characters.

Reading comprehension? Ah, you're one of THOSE guys.

So basically, you want to play a Post Apocalyptic Survival game, but you dislike the fact that you have to make a decision on whether to go into town and take a huge risk of dying or just pop a guy and take it from him.

Sorry, isn't that pretty much the essence of this game? Deciding HOW you want to survive and what lengths you'll go to to do it?

As plenty of others have said as well, I've never been forced into killing a fresh player for their morphine or painpills, ever. If I had to I would, but in the broad sense it just doesn't happen. Twisting the reality to favour your argument is not your friend.

Just stop before you embarrass yourself further.

EXACTLY!

This isn't about game mechanics or balance, it's about his personal story, me thinks.

Newbs die on the beach because they are either killed by other newbs, for whatever reasons, or by try hards (who already have meds... at least the ones I've killed) wanting some target practice.

Well you have to survive by any means necessary and if killing new players to get their painkillers or morphine is your method of choice so be it. you are taking a chance by killing a "new" player, you have no idea what he is carrying. You could have wasted ammo just to loot a player with nothing you need.

It's all a matter of perspective, if you think it is wrong then you can enforce yourself to not kill new players.

Sure it may seem unfair or unbalanced, but like i said its all based on your perspective. some people think it is perfectly fine to kill new players for their items while others don't, however it is not a game breaking mechanic.

And you don't need people complaining about something for it to be a problem. The targets of these attacks don't understand that they are being targeted for their medicine' date=' or they don't consider it, and the attackers don't stop and consider that it might just be bad for the game that they can circumvent killing dangerous players or going into dangerous territories by attacking these poorly armed new characters.

[/quote']

But who cares? How many times have I gotten shot on the beach area? A few times. Did I feel compelled to go on a crusade and change the mechanics of the game because of it? No. I simply run my happy ass off that beach real fast

Reading comprehension? Ah' date=' you're one of THOSE guys.

So basically, you want to play a Post Apocalyptic Survival game, but you dislike the fact that you have to make a decision on whether to go into town and take a huge risk of dying or just pop a guy and take it from him.

Sorry, isn't that pretty much the essence of this game? Deciding HOW you want to survive and what lengths you'll go to to do it?

Just stop before you embarrass yourself further.

[/quote']

I don't know if I should be sad for you, or laughing at this situation, but...

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Well you have to survive by any means necessary and if killing new players to get their painkillers or morphine is your method of choice so be it. you are taking a chance by killing a "new" player' date=' you have no idea what he is carrying. You could have wasted ammo just to loot a player with nothing you need.

It's all a matter of perspective, if you think it is wrong then you can enforce yourself to not kill new players.

Sure it may seem unfair or unbalanced, but like i said its all based on your perspective. some people think it is perfectly fine to kill new players for their items while others don't, however it is not a game breaking mechanic.

[/quote']

The problem is two-fold, actually. Players are circumventing danger by attacking these new characters, since hospitals are pretty dangerous, and they are also causing grief for these players being shot.

But who cares? How many times have I gotten shot on the beach area? A few times. Did I feel compelled to go on a crusade and change the mechanics of the game because of it? No. I simply run my happy ass off that beach real fast

Solid mechanics are the core of every game. Risk vs Reward is part of that. "I WIN" buttons like this may not seem to be a problem at first, but they drastically shorten the lifespan of a game.

Mug1: "Hey fellow Survivor, could I have some painkillers please? That's all I need"

Mug2: Hmm.. I kinda want those, but it's not a big deal, he has a rifle so he could just take them from me if he wanted. I guess they're not worth dying over. "Sure."

CRISIS AVERTED, EVERYONE CAN GO HOME NOW.

edit: I feel I need to reiterate again what I and others have already said. There is no mass killing of fresh characters for medical supplies. It doesn't happen. Making shit up to fill the holes in your argument is quite low.

Before you say it, READING COMPREHENSION, I know man, I know.

Well all I can say is that this mod got popular by being difficult, and it looks like the majority want to keep it that way.

Mug1: "Hey fellow Survivor' date=' could I have some painkillers please? That's all I need"

Mug2: Hmm.. I kinda want those, but it's not a big deal, he has a rifle so he could just take them from me if he wanted. I guess they're not worth dying over. "Sure."

CRISIS AVERTED, EVERYONE CAN GO HOME NOW.

[/quote']

Mug1: "Hey fellow Survivor, could I have some painkillers please? That's all I need"

Mug2: *Shoots Mug1 in the face because he just revealed that his gun violently shakes while aiming*

Well all I can say is that this mod got popular by being difficult' date=' and it looks like the majority want to keep it that way.

[/quote']

I'm going to put plainly what I have been trying to tell to you this entire time:

I don't care about difficulty, that is not the point here. There are several ways to handle this. The best would be to make it so you can't loot the pills and morphine a player starts with. The second best would be to make it so new characters don't start with pills or morphine.

How do either of those make the game less difficult? What I have been going on about this entire time would make the game MORE difficult. Perhaps you got caught up on the third one, which was to make it so medical supplies spawn everywhere?

edit: I feel I need to reiterate again what I and others have already said. There is no mass killing of fresh characters for medical supplies. It doesn't happen. Making shit up to fill the holes in your argument is quite low.

Before you say it' date=' READING COMPREHENSION, I know man, I know.

[/quote']

If you know, then why bother posting that? This was never about new characters being killed repeatedly for medical supplies. This is about players having the option to do that instead of entering a dangerous area or taking on a dangerous player. The reward is too high for the risk.

When you step outside in to the real world one day, you are going to be sorely disappointed

Mug1: "Hey fellow Survivor' date=' could I have some painkillers please? That's all I need"

Mug2: *Shoots Mug1 in the face because he just revealed that his gun violently shakes while aiming*

[/quote']

It doesn't shake anywhere near enough to be a problem for me unless they're a decent distance away.

Oh wait.. You're doing it again. Nevermind.

The problem is two-fold, actually. Players are circumventing danger by attacking these new characters, since hospitals are pretty dangerous, and they are also causing grief for these players being shot.

Yeah, but that happens to be the name of the game. Also, the player killed will probably only die once to these beach campers. you are making it sound like they will keep spawning and will continuously get killed by them. it will also make the player that spawned more vigilant of his surroundings.

It may seem rough, but life isn't per say easy. its not impossible to avoid these people, just have to move slower and be more careful

In addition, all players are at a threat to being Player Killed for their loot. so its best to learn how to avoid or out skill the people who are going to try to kill you before you get the really good stuff and die to some one possibly camping or some one you run into. (which is more frustrating then losing some painkillers or morphine)

Well all I can say is that this mod got popular by being difficult' date=' and it looks like the majority want to keep it that way.

[/quote']

So what's making it easy by taking away morphine and painkillers from the starting loadout to make it necessary to scavenge?

I don't believe there's a mass killing of freshly spawned for their morphine and pills either, but I'm rolling with it. You seem to think that it'd make the mod easier by making meds more important to scavenge in the early game.

The problem is two-fold' date=' actually. Players are circumventing danger by attacking these new characters, since hospitals are pretty dangerous, and they are also causing grief for these players being shot.

[/quote']

Yeah, but that happens to be the name of the game. Also, the player killed will probably only die once to these beach campers. you are making it sound like they will keep spawning and will continuously get killed by them. it will also make the player that spawned more vigilant of his surroundings.

It may seem rough, but life isn't per say easy. its not impossible to avoid these people, just have to move slower and be more careful

In addition, all players are at a threat to being Player Killed for their loot. so its best to learn how to avoid or out skill the people who are going to try to kill you before you get the really good stuff and die to some one possibly camping or some one you run into. (which is more frustrating then losing some painkillers or morphine)

I'm sorry, but I don't recall implying anywhere that this would happen often. Several times, actually I mentioned it wouldn't happen often.

You are also getting too caught up in the fact that the player died. The real issue is that that the player circumvented danger by doing this, and no that is not the name of the game.

As I said, this situation is the only exception to the risk vs reward system that runs this game. This is the only situation where the reward highly outweighs the risk.

As I said, this situation is the only exception to the risk vs reward system that runs this game. This is the only situation where the reward highly outweighs the risk.

OK well how do players locate theses "new" players? how are they going to know where they are going to be? perhaps they sit in a town like Cherno right? and wait till they hear gunfire or see some one? Correct?

As I said' date=' this situation is the only exception to the risk vs reward system that runs this game. This is the only situation where the reward highly outweighs the risk. [/quote']

OK well how do players locate theses "new" players? how are they going to know where they are going to be? perhaps they sit in a town like Cherno right? and wait till they hear gunfire or see some one? Correct?

(I just want to be clear, we are talking about the characters, not players when I say "characters")

Staying in a town would defeat the purpose of staying safe. The best thing to do is just camp the road that a new character would use, such as the road leading to Cherno. Maybe one of the villages a new character spawns by as well. Really, anywhere on the coast would be good.

Staying in a town would defeat the purpose of staying safe. The best thing to do is just camp the road that a new character would use, such as the road leading to Cherno.

Ok, i see what you mean. How far from the city were you talking about? Also camping a major road would be a bit tedious (well at least in IMO) because there is no strict one way into the city or town you will miss quite a few people who travel there. (because not everyone takes to roads especially if they are not New players, rather new characters.)

Staying in a town would defeat the purpose of staying safe. The best thing to do is just camp the road that a new character would use' date=' such as the road leading to Cherno. [/quote']

Ok, i see what you mean. How far from the city were you talking about? Also camping a major road would be a bit tedious (well at least in IMO) because there is no strict one way into the city or town you will miss quite a few people who travel there. (because not everyone takes to roads especially if they are not New players, rather new characters.)

Well, keep in mind new characters are extremely reckless since they have nothing to lose. If you watch the road for 5 minutes, there is a very good chance of seeing someone running full speed down the beach or up the road. I see it all the time on the shore, and even do it myself.

Alright well i will give you that. but to go back on the no risk but reward subject you were talking about something that dose cause you risk is the change into a bandit. i mean most people wont really deal with you at all when you have that skin. you will be shoot on sight to anyone who spots you (well there are some exceptions)

Sure its not an immediate threat to your health when you are mowing down new characters. but once you get that negative humanity train rolling, its difficult to get it back up.

and like i stated earlier you cant be exactly sure what some one has in their inventory so you could be wasting valuable ammo you need. the gun shots you fired can a track other players and the murder will add to your inhumanity.

but to go back on your original topic, it takes time and patience to be able to kill theses new character for their med supplies more time and effort then it would be to take a risk and go into a Hospital.

Alright well i will give you that. but to go back on the no risk but reward subject you were talking about something that dose cause you risk is the change into a bandit. i mean most people wont really deal with you at all when you have that skin. you will be shoot on sight to anyone who spots you (well there are some exceptions)

Sure its not an immediate threat to your health when you are mowing down new characters. but once you get that negative humanity train rolling' date=' its difficult to get it back up.

and like i stated earlier you cant be exactly sure what some one has in their inventory so you could be wasting valuable ammo you need. the gun shots you fired can a track other players and the murder will add to your inhumanity.

but to go back on your original topic, it takes time and patience to be able to kill theses new character for their med supplies more time and effort then it would be to take a risk and go into a Hospital.

[/quote']

Risk is the combined time you have spent on that character multiplied by the danger of the area. 30 minutes waiting for a stray new character is nothing compared to dying and losing 10 hours of progress. That is where the problem stems from.

I personally don't care at all about the bandit status, so I guess I wouldn't be the best to tell that to, by the way. Almost every person I have seen has shot at me anyways, and the ones that don't shoot me when I turn around. It would make no difference if I had a bandit skin.

I don't know about the time/effort argument. It depends on how populated the server is and how often people are dying. In a near-empty server, waiting for someone to be running down the road could take hours, while in a full one, could be a matter of minutes. Minutes you could sit there and be relatively safe instead of minutes spent stealthing about around the city and into the hospital and back.

I don't agree with it though, I'd rather pick the safe route and sit in a bush waiting for someone to walk down the road instead of trudging into the city and possibly into the crosshairs of a hidden enemy camping the hospital.

When you step outside in to the real world one day' date=' you are going to be sorely disappointed

[/quote']

Um...who in their right mind wants to play a game that's as cutthroat as the real world?

Why not just have the game shock your balls when you get shot as well?

Personally I don't think this is a huge issue, medicine is pretty easy to find, but that sort of braindead logic doesn't help anyone.

"Oh, you don't want the game to be completely unfun? Fuck you."

There's a reason that the thermal M107 was removed. Some things just push the balance over the edge. I don't think this is the case, but eh, to pretend the game needs zero balancing is to be an idiot.

Haha wow you guys are really missing the OP's point.

What everyone's response is: LOL you want the game easier, l2p noob. If you want meds go to the hospital.

What the OP is saying: This game is too easy. Instead of being forced to go to a hospital to get meds, people can just kill newly spawned dudes on the beach.

I kinda agree with the OP. If I have been up north and used my morphine and painkillers and need to resupply. It is 10 times easier to just kill a random guy on the beach in kamenka and take his stuff instead of having to go to a hospital where snipers are watching 90% of the time.

How to fix? Maybe give new spawned players some unique type of painkillers and morphine that are not lootable or get destroyed upon death. Not having these on spawn would probably make it too hard for new players, so it would be a bad idea to remove them.

This would cause a lot more traffic to the hospitals because there isn't a endless supply of meds spawning on the beaches that can be farmed.