Sign in to follow this  
Finkle

best advice i've gotten on this forum..

"don't get attached to your stuff."

I just lost my fal with night vision scope (the second one i've lost but the first one i didn't actually get to use). and yeah it sucks; it was a pretty damn nice gun. but after dying and starting over, i realized how little fun i was actually having while doing everything i possibly could to keep from losing my precious gun..

most of my dayz time lately has been spent logging in for about an hour or so at a time checking random deer stands and never really taking any risks. but after i died today i became utterly engrossed in the game again.

putting aside the craziness of the new update (yes i managed to power through the ridiculous lack of anything you start with now; by running into cherno recklessly and procuring some pretty decent loot and tearing out and away from the coast).. it's interesting how glad i was to find an akm now as opposed to a few days ago. having so little makes finding anything a lot more satisfying.

anyways, just thought i'd share :)

The trick is to play the same way even when you have good gear. It's that much more fun.

Like you said, what good is that shiny gun if you're not enjoying the time playing with it.

THIS!

I was doing the exact same thing for the last week or so with a 25 day or so old character, had a M24 with all the ammo i could ever need, and i was WAY too careful and not really having that much fun.

Car exploded today, and now I'm running around cherno with a makarov and a lee enfield that i found after about an hour of play, and I'm having a ball.

The "Don't get attched to your gear" is definitely the best piece of advice i can give anyone. :)

The most fun I ever had with this game was a few days ago. I just didn't care, I spawned, grabbed the first gun I could find then shot my way through whatever zombies I could find.

I lasted about an hour, I started in elektro, moved to prig, then into cherno. Just using all the ammo and all the guns I could find on my rampage. I finally got overrun in the apartments in northern cherno after the only gun I could find was a lee enfield...and well...that just made everything in cherno mad at me haha. Got 191 zombie kills in about an hour, and I didn't worry about a damn thing, just having fun.

I think the problem with the hardcore community is we (I'd say they, but I'm part of it) get so obsessed with these things that we forget to take a step back, relax and just enjoy a game as a game and sod the consequences. I love hardcore and realistic games as much as the next guy. The more real a game is the better to me. However, you can't stay in hardcore mode 24/7 or else you're going to lose sight of the fun that pulled you in in the first place. It's a hobby we do because we enjoy it, sometimes we just seem to forget that.

Just might 2 cents.

I agree.

It's just as in real life, having too much stuff and the fear of losing it all will just hold you back.

also "the stuff you own ends up owning you"