Hey, I've been playing DayZ for quite a while already but now I can't launch it anyhow, or even if I launch it I can't play it!

When I launch DayZ from steam it gives me error

Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E' and copying Addons from Operation Arrowhead doesn't help at all, same error...

if I click "X" on the error it launches the game but then I can't connect to any servers.

I tried launching from DayZ commander and it gives me error as well, it says ARMA 2: NOT FOUND(OUT OF DATE) when I press "Install" on 103718 (stable) [i think it's patch or whatever this is) it gives me error "System InvalidOperationException: Cannot determine compressed stream type. (something I can't read the "install" button is covering the error) Factor.Open/stream stream options options" (I'll make a screenshop and attach the file)

I've tried Fresh install, I've reinstalled arma2 and Arma2 OA countless times and honestly I'm tired from downloading them again and again (I have Steam version not retail).

Any help will be appreciated, I bought new system and wanted to enjoy some DayZ at last with some quality visuals and normal render distance ...

if you need here are my specs [though I don't know why would you need it but still]:

CPU: i5-3570k

GPU: MSI GTX 660 Ti PE

PSU: OcZ 750w

RAM: 4 GB 1600 Mhz Corsair

Motherboard: P8Z77-V LX

Any help will be MUCH appreciated, thanks in advance.

I'll also attach DxDiag for some unknown reason so that we won't waste any of your precious time.

post-135649-0-42516500-1372775247_thumb.

post-135649-0-88390200-1372775247_thumb.

DxDiag.txt

Can you show us a pic of the Install/update tab in youre Dayz commander aswell

Can you show us a pic of the Install/update tab in youre Dayz commander aswell

It is there kind sir, there are two screenshots attached to the post, one is Settings in DayZCommander and second one is Install/Updates

When I press install in Install/update tab it gives me the error provided up on my first comment.

I'll provide it again here:

post-135649-0-83671100-1372775913_thumb.

Edited by LizardProtector

hm, either you have something blocking youre game (firewall/antivirus) or Dayz commander is unable to find youre game location.

This is how that tab should look like:

5mZEDEV.jpg

Reinstall dayz commander and try run it as "Administrator" (rightclick the .exe)

Reinstall dayz commander and try run it as "Administrator" (rightclick the .exe)

I just did it and to no awail, DayZ Commander says the same. What can be causing the problem?

Youre dayz commander cant detect any games or youre Arma II directory, thats the issue here. It cant detect youre Dayz location.

Have you tried run dayz from within youre steam folder?

ex.

program files--->Steam--->Steamapps--->Common--->Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead folder

Navigate to that folder, you should also have youre Dayz folder there (@Dayz)

If you have installed the betapatch for Arma 2 OA,rightclick on that .exe add "-mod=dayz -nosplash" without the quotes in youre target box at the end

Also try read here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1808-guide-installation-guide-steam-retail-mixed-beta-common-errors/

Edited by John69

I have installed DayZ from Steam, it has Arma 2: DayZ Mod in it, isn't that valid way of installing the mod?

I've launched ARMA 2 first then ARMA 2 OA, I haven't tried installing DayZ through some external installers though...

I remember it was working fine couple of months ago...

The proper way to get everything working as easy as it can be is:

RUN STEAM AS A ADMIN.

1. Install Arma 2 from steam, BEFORE you run the game,right click on the Arma 2 shortcut in youre steam games library--->properties--->Local files---> verify intergrity of game cache,click that and let it finish (it will pro download a single file or two)

After this is done, just start arma2 -click play game, let it load up until the startupscreen, then close the game, you do not need to start singleplayer or any multiplayer games...just close it.

Then do the same with Arma 2 OA, same steps,in that same order.

After that is done, do NOT install Dayz from steam, instead download a fresh copy of Dayz commander

Install Dayz commander, go to the Install/update tab and install the betapatch and the Dayz mod from there

Filter youre search, choose youre server and play..... it should be this easy with the right steps...

The proper way to get everything working as easy as it can be is:

RUN STEAM AS A ADMIN.

1. Install Arma 2 from steam, BEFORE you run the game,right click on the Arma 2 shortcut in youre steam games library--->properties--->Local files---> verify intergrity of game cache,click that and let it finish (it will pro download a single file or two)

After this is done, just start arma2 -click play game, let it load up until the startupscreen, then close the game, you do not need to start singleplayer or any multiplayer games...just close it.

Then do the same with Arma 2 OA, same steps,in that same order.

After that is done, do NOT install Dayz from steam, instead download a fresh copy of Dayz commander

Install Dayz commander, go to the Install/update tab and install the betapatch and the Dayz mod from there

Filter youre search, choose youre server and play..... it should be this easy with the right steps...

For the love of god, I have to download arma 2 and arma 2 oa again? :(

oh alright alright I'll do it! I'll tell you how it went once I'm finished, please keep an eye on this forum post for next couple of hours alright?

Thank you very much for your help

i subbed this one, ill check in later today to see youre progress... you can do this :)

oh great now arma won't launch at all it says "Bad serial key given at setup" :\

I fixed the problem with bad serial key but DayZ commander still gives me the same, which is nothing :| I'm sad survivor now :'( I don't want to give up but this game just stole all my beans and I'm starving to death...

and firewall is not a problem every program, steam, dayZcommander and arma 2 with Arma 2 OA is included in exceptions...

I can remember a while back a friend told me not to install Dayz via Steam as it messes Dayz commander up! Maybe that was your problem.

I can remember a while back a friend told me not to install Dayz via Steam as it messes Dayz commander up! Maybe that was your problem.

but I redownloaded arma 2 and arma 2 OA without Arma 2: DayZ Mod on steam and my dayZ commander is still messed up...I'll try reinstalling it...maybe that will help, I don't want to re download ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA again for 10th time...

NOPE still the same ...

Have you tried adding your game directories in the Dayz commander settings? It's possible one of those is incorrect, Or try overriding the game directories with your current paths. other than that I have no idea =(

Edited by vandal gab

Well the only thing that's not there is DayZ Directory, DayZ is not there physically because I haven't installed it...other than that everything is in fact correct...

Wow what should I do? :|

Have you installed Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta? And I take it you have ran both arma 2 and OA?

Edited by vandal gab

Have you installed Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta?

No normal Operation Arrowhead, is Beta version required now? o.O :huh:

Not 100% sure but I have both installed and it's only 38MB.

Edited by vandal gab

Not 100% sure but I have both installed and it's only 38MB.

I installed Beta version and the only thing that got fixed in DayZ Commander is that it no longer says 'Out of date' on ARMA 2, it still says

'mods (unable to get version from server'

is it working now? can you check your DayZ commander? maybe there's problem on their part?

have you loaded up Arma 2 and OA (this is important both must be run before doing anything else)? Could you try re-installing Dayzcommander?

Edited by vandal gab

I did load up arma 2 and OA (not beta though) and I have re-installed DayZ Commander AS WELL AS arma 2 and arma 2 OA countless times... :(

Try loading OA beta it's not gonna hurt trying. Silly Question, Have you tried restarting dayzcommander since you've installed the beta?

Edited by vandal gab