Sign in to follow this  
m_mitchell

Zed Improvement for the mod and maybe SA

Slow them down. Faster than a walk but slower than a run. A jog you would say but maybe faster depending on their health and type. Also make it possible to completely get rid of zombies in a town. I do not know if it is possible to with the limitations of the fact it is a mod but It is worth a try. And places like Cherno should be divided into a few sections where as any player in the section would prevent zeds from spawning. This would leave room for buffs without them becoming too buggy and op by sprinting and just absolutely devastating everyone. There is really only one reason I see that makes them such a pain in the ass.

They continuously spawn nonstop.

I would say Stary is a prime example. When I am trying to loot the tents zeds are constantly charging me. I can't really go stealthy because zombies spawn in tents and zombies will make you run at one point or another bringing in more zombies. It would seem easy to just be crouched down and hit zombies as they run up to you but many times they zig-zag at the last second hitting you or they're are the new viral zed in which you can't tell until they're just magically taking 3 axe hits to down all of a sudden in which case they've probably already hit you and potentially infected and/or made you bleed. If we could just kill all the zombies for a little while then it would be rather cool opposed to taking on seemingly EVERY ZED IN THE GAME. They just swarm you endlessly zig-zagging and hitting you infecting and now making you bleed about 3x more. The only way to do it is to have another guy hover a helicopter luring all the zeds or by just having a guy protect everyone with a gun and a ton of ammo.

I can't think of situations where they actually overrun me except in the few situations where I get cornered and run out of ammo. It's usually just little hits here and there taking down chunks of your blood when your not expecting a zombie to run up and hit you because you've killed a ton.

Edited by M_Mitchell

this has been talked about many times. have you seen footage of the standalone? they run at a more normal pace and attacks are much more fluid. also, zombies working well and being much more functional is something they're working very hard on for the standalone. look up E3 gameplay and you'll see that they look a hell of alot better. also, you are able to completely rid an area of zombies in the standalone. they stop spawning when a player is in the area. this means you can rid a town of zombies and barricade it off from roaming swarms of zombies! :D

Edited by elf cakes

SA zeds spawn server side not client side like we do in the mod

this has been talked about many times. have you seen footage of the standalone? they run at a more normal pace and attacks are much more fluid. also, zombies working well and being much more functional is something they're working very hard on for the standalone. look up E3 gameplay and you'll see that they look a hell of alot better. also, you are able to completely rid an area of zombies in the standalone. they stop spawning when a player is in the area. this means you can rid a town of zombies and barricade it off from roaming swarms of zombies! :D

Hehe idk I'm too focused on them attacking the player before they even get to him. But hard to see from not very fluid alpha animations.

yeah if you listened they said that that is a bug which they will fix, unfortunately it came up right at e3 and they werent able to fix it in time

yeah if you listened they said that that is a bug which they will fix, unfortunately it came up right at e3 and they werent able to fix it in time

I didn't listen but I wasn't worried that much. I just can't wait till we get footage of everything working nearly flawless displaying very fluid gameplay.

This has never been talked on before. Thanks for pointing out that the zombies we have are actually buggy and weird/weak/with night goggles/have super ears.

Slow zombies are a bad idea for DayZ.