Sign in to follow this  
TheRaptorFence

Berezino: The Best City in all of Chernarus?

I never touched ground in Berezino until today, and I believe I have fallen in love. I built a loot circuit comprising Berezino, Dubrovka, and Krasnostav and ran it for four hours. In those four hours I never saw a single soul and picked myself up two tents worth of middle-upper grade loot. Though Dubrovka and Krasnostav are great, Berezino is imo the best city in Chernarus.

First, it has a great amount of loot. 3 tree stands, 9 military spawns, two supermarkets, a church, a hospital, an office, a pub, and some nice barns and factories (in addition to the medium and minor loots).

Second, all this loot is more spread out across the rolling hills than either Electro or Cherno. Coupled with the lack of tall buildings and steep hills means snipers are less of a worry and any people within the city are less likely to bump into each other. Line of sight is so small I'm sure I passed up a few people in my runs.

Third, the loot is INTACT, with all the spawns full to the brim. While Cherno and Electro have some great spawns I was able to sweep Berezino five times, and four out of those five I came away with my pack bristling with guns, medicine, and tents. My goodness, the tents. In my first run I found eight. Eight! I was always happy if I found an AK in Cherno without dying. Here I was having to pass up AKs for the better loot next to them.

Fourth, the place is deserted. I know that it was frequented by at least two other people because on two trips I found loot that I hadn't touched had been taken, and my last time someone had pitched a tent. However, i didn't see or hear a single soul, and never had any trouble dodging bullets like I had before. This was on a full server the entire time.

Even though I've put in probably 50 hours or so I have never had this sort of luck before, and while this was on a private server the loot spawns were DayZ vanilla. Does anyone else have this sort of experience in Berezino, or am I just an extremely lucky noob to the northeast?

• Like 6

Berezino is my home, I find it to be my personal favourite city for all the reasons you mentioned :)

It's never failed to yield good loot, it's the one place if find antibiotics if I needed them, everyone ignores the doorways to houses there and last time I came away with 2 boxes of them

• Like 1

Its all part of the bandits plan to lull you in to a false sense of security ... they are watching you and once you have enough loot for them all ... they will kill you and take it all. :D

Hehehehe ... yeah, I love Berezino ... I keep my base nearby (well not nearby) but close enough. :)

I love it. 2 supermarkets, 3 deerstands, 3 mil tents and the indrustial spawns in the harbor area. It also covers a big area.

• Like 1

My all time favorite place! Spent my first days in the game there, and I still go there to pick up good loot since the town is as good as deserted. :)

• Like 1

someone had pitched a tent.

*Giggle*

Sorry, carry on.

• Like 2

The only downside I've found is it's close to the NE airfield, which means you can get large groups flying through.

• Like 1

yep i love Berezino plus i find that when you do run in to someone they are friendly 9 times out of 10

most people there are there to get away from PvP

Berezino is the PvE players home while cherno and electro are the PvP players home

• Like 1

yep i love Berezino plus i find that when you do run in to someone they are friendly 9 times out of 10

I've only encountered one friendly player at Berezino but he was new to the game.

All other player encounters there have been hostile (KoS). :(

• Like 1

I've only encountered one friendly player at Berezino but he was new to the game.

All other player encounters there have been hostile (KoS). :(

Me too. I get in to a fight every time I go to Berezino, lol. It's usually just the one guy as opposed to the constant running from gunfire in Cherno and Elektro though. xD

I like Berezino - i go there for holidays due to my hectic life in Cherno.

I like Berezino as the spread of loot means you can limit your chances of meeting another survivor who has the same idea as you. Being close to the NEAF does mean increase this chance, but I feel it's less likely than at Zelenogorsk which is on the Kamenka > NWAF highway.

• Like 1

I haven't checked out Berezino since the 1.7.7 patch. I'll have to go over there and check it out. I know that at Cherno and Elektro, there's always barely any loot. Maybe I'll have better luck in Berezino. c: Even in 1.7.6 though, I always liked Berezino for just the large amount of areas that give a lot of loot.

I've found M14s/DMRs in the tents before. That's what keeps me coming back. I've loot cycled by myself for a good 20-40 minutes undisturbed more than once.

Berzino is a great place to regear. for all the reasons mentioned above, plus you can always run alittle more north and find a tent or base around black lake :)

Ah, The Bere. I also like how it is separated into 3 distinct pods, spread out between some 100-200 yard dashes through open fields. 3 groups could theoretically be operating in these 3 different pods without knowledge of the others presence. You have the upper pod, which is the hospital/store/coffee shop area. Then you have the middle pod, ranging from the store/apartments down to the mil tents. Finally you have the lower pod, from the lumber mill to everything north of it. That's another set of apartments, piers and plenty of places to catch a nice birds eye view. All pods do have views of the others and it is quite possible to have firefights between any of the 3 pods.When it is clear, you can sit in the back room of the coffee shop apartments and snipe all the way down to the power station. Plus, there are some really great hiding spots and lookouts in the area. It really is Chernogorsks best kept secret.

I've found M14s/DMRs in the tents before. That's what keeps me coming back. I've loot cycled by myself for a good 20-40 minutes undisturbed more than once.

Loot cycling is for pussies. Try playing the game for a change.

• Like 2

i spent 3 weeks around Berzino with a camp near met around 8 people and only 1 killed me

was some time ago

Edited by King Tubbs