Sign in to follow this  
Firewarrior64

Idea for gas masks

Hello survivors,

as many of us know there will be gas masks in the standalone. However, there wasn't any information (that I would know; please correct me if I'm wrong) about the functionality. I think that they should protect you completely from an infection when you're near infected players. This MIGHT encourage people to help infected players and not just let them die. And I think this would be a tool that would help organised medic groups so someone who healed an infected doesn't have to be isolated first to see whether he got infected too or not.

Yeah, that would be a nice touch. Something like tear gas would be good too.

Sounds like a good idea. Even without tear gas it would give an extra purpose for smoke grenades; if you are in the smokescreen you cough and your vision is slightly impaired, giving you away. Tear gas would be a nice touch though. As for stopping infection, I don't know a great deal but there's plenty of different filters, I think charcoal absorbs poisons? Anyway it would be good to have a couple different types, one for tear gas & smoke another for keeping viruses & infectious diseases at bay. Or we could have a closed breathing cycle type with an air tank, that would probably work best.

sorry but.... duhh.

Good job adding to the conversation there...

I had suggested an item like this in the crafting suggestion thread (Crafting Suggestions), but my suggestion was a surgical mask.

But where would you find these masks? It would be common to find rifles in peoples' homes, but gas masks? I don't think so. Would you maybe just find them in military bases (Military Loot [unless there are some crazy preppers in Chernarus])?

Edited by deejay2900
  • Like 1

You can just delete me. I am a double post.

Edited by harley001

I like the ideal. I would wear the gas mask 24/7 just for the cool looks (I play a lot of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)

But I think there should be more to it then just protection from infections. Maybe like contaminated areas with a cloud or a some kind of harmful bio agent. Like that red goop from prototype or the spores from Last of US.

I like the ideal. I would wear the gas mask 24/7 just for the cool looks (I play a lot of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)

But I think there should be more to it then just protection from infections. Maybe like contaminated areas with a cloud or a some kind of harmful bio agent. Like that red goop from prototype or the spores from Last of US.

I'll wear it all the time, too ^^

Anyways, I think contaminated areas have already been suggested multiple times. I think it's a nice idea (expecially for endgame loot) but I don't know if it is possible whith the engine and how much work it would be.

Edited by Firewarrior64

But where would you find these masks? It would be common to find rifles in peoples' homes, but gas masks? I don't think so. Would you maybe just find them in military bases (Military Loot [unless there are some crazy preppers in Chernarus])?

You don't have to be a crazy prepper to get a gas mask. You can get them off of Amazon for around $20. (USD)

Also, gas masks (ALL headgear, really) should block a little bit of your vision if any of it goes in front of your face.

You don't have to be a crazy prepper to get a gas mask. You can get them off of Amazon for around $20. (USD)

Lol, what I mean is that the average person wouldn't have a gas mask. :P