zanfu

Can't harvest wood ?

How do I cut wood now ?, it seams my axe is gone ?

Or has it been replaced with some other item, now that axe is a melee weapon ?

My axe is gone to, so I couldn't harvest wood, so I could'nt cook the 5 raw meats I had in my bag, so I ran, starving, and suffer... tried to say at the 5 zeds who wants to eat me alive that it was unfair, the alpha was the cause ! In vain... I died laughing, all that for a axe... Alpha rules ! :D

Btw, I picked up an axe with a new character. I'm asking too "How can we harvest wood now ?"

You can harvest wood with that melee axe as well. Kinda miss having the hatchet as a tool tho... Maybe make the hatchet replace the pistol slot if possible, so that we can still harvest wood.

when im standing right up next to a tree, it keeps saying i need to be in a forest and close to a tree. ive gone to a birch, oak, and regular tree yet it keeps saying the same thing. what do i do? i really need that fire!

it doesn't matter which slot you have the Hatchet in, just stand next to a tree and the right-click menu will give you "harvest wood"...

If you have a map, you can find forest as it's dark green (that's what I had to do)

so go to the dark green area, stand next to a tree, open inventory, make sure you have 2 open slots in your bag (where sodas and beans go), right click the axe and harvest wood.

you can then right click the wood and put down the campfire

then you can mousewheel the campfire to light it to cook your food

Harvesting works best with pine trees. Shuffle over to a forest and get wood from there. Also, you can right click the axe and send it back into your tool belt once you get a gun.