Sign in to follow this  
kealthkewk

New character on new server?

Hello I just bought the game and I'm installing it now. I got a question, I saw a guy that spawned on a server and when he spawned he had a revolver and a bat from start I think it was, if he then joins another server that you don't get a revolver and a bat on start does he still have that revolver and bat that he got on the previous server? If it's like this why doesn't people just join a server were you spawn with the best equipment and then joins another server and are über overpowered?

On most servers, when you go onto them you are a different character as to what you were on the last server. These are called private hives, lot of private hives start you off with different gear than the normal DayZ loadout. Your character stays the same on all public hive servers, and public hive servers cannot start you off with any other gear than the normal loadout.

Hope this helped.

Edited by Oh-Em-Gee
  • Like 1

There are 2 kinds of servers, private hive and main hive. Main hive servers are for your vanilla game. They are all connected together and will have the same loot tables, and the same spawning gear. When you log out of one server on the main hive, you can join another and you'll be in the same spot. Private hive servers are really just by themselves. You can have different new spawn gear, different loot tables, extra vehicles and additional buildings on the map. Log out on a private hive server and join a different one and they're not connected, so you'll be spawning again as a new character.

When you ask if the guy stil has the bat and revolver on the other server, yes he still does, but he will only have access to it on that specific server because it was a private hive.

Edit: Ninja'd by the above. :ph34r:

Edited by klesh
  • Like 1

Okey so I've been inside the game for like 10 minutes now, got it installed today. How do I see what servers that are the main hive ones? I could need a fast reply so I can jump into the game soon ;) If you know any good servers that are main hive you can PM them to me I would be really thankful :)

Don't know if you use DayZ Commander or not, but it has a 'Hide Unofficial' option you can use to help sort.

I don't off the top of my head know of a good server, I usually just jump into a random one.

Dayz commander, I do not know what that is but I think I'll download it.

Okey got the Dayz commander now but even if i push hide unofficial I still find a lot of private hive servers : /

Hey, sorry, I just saw that this post updated, I'm glad you got it working though!! I really like Commander, it does all the work for you so you can just hop in and enjoy playing.