Sign in to follow this  
Chaingunfighter

[SA] Looting Empty/Depleted Magazines and Individual bullets

To be straight on the point; why not have the ammunition spawning changed up where magazines will spawn empty or with less ammo than full capacity, as well as finding individual bullets on the ground. Besides being realistic (I mean, not ALL of the ammunition is going to still be with the original magazine), it would also give players a reason to take empty ones. You'd have a chance of spotting small bullets around but you wouldn't have much use for them if you didn't have a magazine to load them into, so you'd might want to take an empty one to keep your ammo supply up. This could also keep ammunition rare, as most of the ammo you find would be incomplete so it would be a much more valuable resource. Just my two cents on this idea.

Yeah this topic has been discussed often, and in great detail.

We all pretty much like loose ammo and depleted mags.

Thanks though,

Don't quote me on it but I think in an interview Matt Lightfoot pretty much confirmed this for the SA. Not so much the finding an individual bullet at a loot spawn but the fact that you could keep your empty magazines (or find them) and then transfer clips between the magazines for use in different weapons.

Edited by Fraggle

Already confirmed.

• Like 1

It's also been confirmed that there will be no HUD. You will have to manually take out your weapon's magazine to see how much ammo you have left.

Well, semi-confirmed. It was either Matt or Dean who was discussing this idea and how they want it in place for the SA.

It's also been confirmed that there will be no HUD. You will have to manually take out your weapon's magazine to see how much ammo you have left.

I think it was Rocket who said he'd like players to have to keep track of bullets in a magazine instead of having an automatic counter on their screens. That will make things interesting if standalone turns out that way.