zverofaust

Let me know when we have better starting items

Yeah, not going to bother with this anymore. It's bad enough this game is glitchy as fuck (no fault of rocket) but rubbing salt into the literal wound by giving us nothing but a bandage and painkillers on start is just stupid. So let me know when this has been fixed so I can play again. Thanks.

Seriously whats with all these quitting threads? This game doesn't owe you anything I know you probably just died but thats what makes this game good. I installed 1.7.1.4 and spawned in that giant field thing and lost my set of gear, i didn't have NVG never had those yet lol. But everything else so i know how tough it is to start without a weapon but it is fun and its nice to know when someone comes and shoots me they EARNED that gun and just didn't spawn with it lol.

Yeah' date=' not going to bother with this anymore. It's bad enough this game is glitchy as fuck (no fault of rocket) but rubbing salt into the literal wound by giving us nothing but a bandage and painkillers on start is just stupid. So let me know when this has been fixed so I can play again. Thanks.

[/quote']

No-one cares that your hardcore raging bro, please stop making these threads lol.

In the words of the great Johnny Quid:

"There's the door, bon voyage, fuck off"

Stop whining. It's an improvement.

- Having a starter pistol was far too convenient

- Getting rid of it makes survival more brutal and challenging at the start

- It makes you care more about dying and going back to square one

- It discourages PvP killing along the coast and instead encourages cooperation

- It also shifts the emphasis away from PvP encounters back onto zombies. Zombies simply weren't a danger at all before

- In terms of realism, it makes a lot more sense

Seriously whats with all these quitting threads? This game doesn't owe you anything I know you probably just died but thats what makes this game good. I installed 1.7.1.4 and spawned in that giant field thing and lost my set of gear' date=' i didn't have NVG never had those yet lol. But everything else so i know how tough it is to start without a weapon but it is fun and its nice to know when someone comes and shoots me they EARNED that gun and just didn't spawn with it lol.

[/quote']

As my first post, i would like to say that it's fair enough. I like the idea of having no weapon on you. It's really an survival then.

But as for me it's unfair since others that got to play it earlier was given the opportunity to have an gun and by now we, the new players are an easy kill. On one half who would shoot an newb just to get what ? On the second half, kill them for fun!!

Oh, another one of these threads.

Listen, if you want to quit, then quit, but don't come on the forums and post about it. We don't care.

Though you clearly don't want to quit or else you wouldn't post on here anyways.

Please kill these threads mods.

go away, far far away...

Ho ,and btw, we'll not let you know, you should be able to find the informations you need by yourself

I kind of thought the point of this game was to see how long you can last. If you have a high chance of dying right away then it's a challenge to see if you can make it longer.

Otherwise, what type of game is it?

Listen' date=' if you want to quit, then quit, but don't come on the forums and post about it. We don't care.

[/quote']

We should write that in great letter on top of the forum and everywhere when you start a new thread.

Yeah' date=' not going to bother with this anymore. It's bad enough this game is glitchy as fuck (no fault of rocket) but rubbing salt into the literal wound by giving us nothing but a bandage and painkillers on start is just stupid. So let me know when this has been fixed so I can play again. Thanks.

[/quote']

I suppose we'll be seeing you around when rocket gives us DMRs on spawn, until then, no one will actually give a fuck if you quit.

Stop whining. It's an improvement.

- Having a starter pistol was far too convenient

- Getting rid of it makes survival more brutal and challenging at the start

- It makes you care more about dying and going back to square one

- Not that I've found. Two people with a flashlight are just as effective at killing zed's as one person with a flashlight. And to bandits' date=' you're just an even better target because they'll get two bandages.

- It discourages PvP killing along the coast and instead encourages cooperation

- It also shifts the emphasis away from PvP encounters back onto zombies. Zombies simply weren't a danger at all before

- In terms of realism, it makes a lot more sense

[/quote']

-Yes

-With these new zeds, you're lucky to find even a basic starting pistol

-Very yes, but mostly because you're gonna be stuck at square one for a while.

-You're correct in saying this, but doesn't it make sense that people with weapons that can kill you from half a click away should be more concerning than a shambling, unintelligent creature?

-I'm from Texas. Literally everyone on my street owns some sort of firearm. At my work, at least 50% of my coworkers own at least one firearm. If the zombie apocalypse was happening, don't you think you'd grab at least some form of self defense? Having no way to deal with zeds after spawn outside of running like hell is a terrible design decision.

Well,

B-BYE.

And captainant, I own guns also (believe it or not they sell them outside of Texas). If I magically woke up on a beach with zombies walking around I wouldn't expect to have one with me. I'd be scared as fuck and try to hide.

It's a game, not reality. The rules are set by the game designer. I'm Greatful he chose to share theis GAME with us.

-Very yes' date=' but mostly because you're gonna be stuck at square one for a while.[/quote']

And that's the way it should be. :-/ Before, I just didn't care about dying and losing all my stuff because I knew how quickly I could get it all back again. You know there's something funamentally wrong with a survival game when you don't care at all about dying.

-You're correct in saying this, but doesn't it make sense that people with weapons that can kill you from half a click away should be more concerning than a shambling, unintelligent creature?

Other players should always be a concern, and they still are. Just not to the extent that the whole game turns into one big open world PvP deathmatch experience with loot, and zombies you can just ignore.

-I'm from Texas. Literally everyone on my street owns some sort of firearm. At my work, at least 50% of my coworkers own at least one firearm. If the zombie apocalypse was happening, don't you think you'd grab at least some form of self defense? Having no way to deal with zeds after spawn outside of running like hell is a terrible design decision.

Sorry, I disagree. It makes much more sense for survivors to have nothing but a few bare essentials and to then have to go looking for a gun, than to all be carrying a gun right from the beginning.

It's a simulator... It's supposed to be realistic... So happy people like you aren't running this game. Good day.

[/quote']

Hopefully see you never then.

One of the best changes made. Now it really matters when you die, cos it is soooo hard to survive the first few hours.

Great frickin change! Please don't revert.

I would hope Rocket would care, he's the one who could get funding from the Arma2 company. I'm personally not a fan of the new shit either, and seeing as the bare essentials include pain killers and a bandage, why the fuck bother?

Pre-1.7.1, I always dropped all my spawn items (backpack too). If it was night I'd just keep flares.

I still do the same, tho I keep the flashlight if it's night.

You should do it too. Even if you spawn with nothing in a later update it'll be all the same.

My first time playing was without a gun and it made the game intense/fun. You veterans have lost touch with the immersion of the game. You're all just about relying on your game/bug exploits and getting the best gears as fast as you can. Now you're complaining cause that's harder to do.

Being defenseless = not fun at all.

Stealth is a defense. Since the change I've managed to regear each time with the exception of the first three when I was learning the new zed routines.

Alas, I usually let my guard down and catch a bullet.

Survive = improvise, adapt and overcome. And stay positive all the way :-)

Even adapting everytime to all the gameplay changes in this alpha is some sort of survival, the same rules apply.

Give it another go, change your playstyle, see what's good and what's not; and give feedback about your findings.

Good luck to you!

I was nervous at first about starting out with nothing but a bandage, a bag, a light, and some painkillers. Ounce starting out I realized that it added tension when you alerted zed going past a town and having them chase for a quite a while (1.7.1.4). I was only saved by running into a barn and finding a double barreled shotgun with 4 rounds. That gun saved my life.

It really does seem to add even more difficulty at the start of the game but in my experiences so far I am thinking it was a good change.

That being said, I wish you the best of luck in your travels in dayz. If however the change is too much for you to handle perhaps there are other games better suited to that mentality.