Sign in to follow this  
pbrunk

SA Shoe idea

This idea is pretty simple, and i'm sure that our boys at Bohemia will implement it if they stumble upon this.

At Rezzed Dean explains among other things, what is going on with shoes and foot damage. If you havent checked it out scroll to the bottom. :)

My idea is to have cross country spikes

269330_366_45.jpg

They would wear out much faster but give you a significant speed boost when running.

Maybe make them super rare like he suggested with thermal weapons.

(edit)

Also Steel toed boots. They would slow you down a little but wear out very slowly.

604061HNY1R.jpg

Beans please :beans:

Edited by pbrunk
  • Like 2

Why exactly will these boost your speed?

i was thinking more like these for a speed boost :)

2lax0ro.jpg

• Like 2

Can I add the spikes to my nikes? Gotta travel in style!

I haz no nikes. ;_;

Humor aside I like the ideal. You should be able to take the shoes off though. Because spiked shoes may work great off road but on road they are probably going to a huge pain in the buttox.

Edited by harley001

Can I add the spikes to my nikes? Gotta travel in style!

I haz no nikes. ;_;

If your nike's are nike Victory's then just screw them in the bottom. :)

nike_victory.jpg

maybe we could craft nails with shoes and make ghetto spikes. I have actually seen those before.

If your nike's are nike Victory's then just screw them in the bottom. :)

nike_victory.jpg

maybe we could craft nails with shoes and make ghetto spikes. I have actually seen those before.

If I stick nails or spikes on my shoes. Can I step on prone people with them? Sneak behind a sniper and them stomp on his face a few times?

• Like 2

Spikes give you more traction. They definitely boost your speed. oscar pistorius is a double amputee that has prosthetics with spikes on the bottom. http://l.yimg.com/os...hoto11123-3.jpg

So actually he is basically wearing spikes.

Making it a contradiction. He is only faster if he needs more traction. So the spiked boots your talking about in itself does not give you any speed unless its a slippery ground making it useful.

Its not actually the spikes giving bladerunner his speed. its the curve of the leg extention giving him a suspension kind of reaction.

If I stick nails or spikes on my shoes. Can I step on prone people with them? Sneak behind a sniper and them stomp on his face a few times?

That would be awesome. Also I watched that entire video for some reason.

Making it a contradiction. He is only faster if he needs more traction. So the spiked boots your talking about in itself does not give you any speed unless its a slippery ground making it useful.

Its not actually the spikes giving bladerunner his speed. its the curve of the leg extention giving him a suspension kind of reaction.

Read up on Pistorius' legs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Pistorius#Dispute_over_prosthetics He has had to modify them to not be springy.The olympic committee ruled that he did not have an advantage over able bodied atheletes in the 400m. They are basically spikes. His prosthetics weigh a little less than a persons lower legs but that is a minor difference.

If you think that spikes only make you go faster on slippery surfaces, then why do all competitive track athletes wear spikes?

Have you tried running in spikes on concrete ?

It doesn't work well .

Spikes don't make you faster , just more surefooted , which may help maneuverability but not top end .

Have you tried running in spikes on concrete ?

It doesn't work well .

Spikes don't make you faster , just more surefooted , which may help maneuverability but not top end .

You are correct. Spikes are terrible on concrete. People use different shoes for racing on concrete.

But you are also wrong, spikes do make you go faster. They give you more traction, which allows for greater accelleration and faster speeds. I don't mean to be a dick but it doesn't sound like you have ever worn spikes before.

You think that could be hand crafted? i don't think this kind of sneakers are that common , and the crafting of the same would screw even more a pair of normal ones.

Yeah. These are not common household attire in post-soviet states. Maybe old soccer cleats ?

I really don't see much point though.

Edited by taco241

I think it should be a high end item that has a low number in circulation. Rocket talked about having 1 thermal sighted weapon in circulation at a time. I think having 1,000 spikes for hundreds of thousands of players would be nifty.

You are correct. Spikes are terrible on concrete. People use different shoes for racing on concrete.

But you are also wrong, spikes do make you go faster. They give you more traction, which allows for greater accelleration and faster speeds. I don't mean to be a dick but it doesn't sound like you have ever worn spikes before.

Well actually , when I was younger I wore spikes all the time , playing Aussie Rules Football , and Cricket .

They don't make you run faster in any meaningful way , but they sure give you traction , agility and better acceleration on grass .

I know I liked my rugby spikes for traction. They help with acceleration but they don't really make you faster; adding traction doesn't make my legs move any quicker, and if I did move faster it wasn't really noticeable. But hey, it'd be easy enough to translate that into improved speed on grass, even if it's only 2% or something like that.

Also, they need to add an auto-run button. OMFG.

What if wearing shoes like cleats or combat boots actually enabled you to do different sort of maneuvers? Like the little combat evasive you can do in the game now. Cleats would only make you run a bit faster, on any surface except for concrete or metal. Also, what if wearing shoes with better traction slightly lowered your chance to be knocked down by a zombie?

2lax0ro.jpg

you could literally get away with murder with those on B)

edit - if they did manage to catch you just say it was dark and you thought it was bandits

Edited by (MUC) Feral

I'd also like to create makeshift footwear with the new crafting system like such as having plastic bottles.. Even though they won't last long, they'll support you from harsh ground landscapes..

Something along the lines of this: http://farm4.staticf..._d3e51f916f.jpg

Edited by TIC321

Spikes are good for racing -field athletics- and thats about it. Spikes have horrible traction on most other surfaces, i know because the only time i've fallen and injured myself was with spikes and i spit my chin open.

Footwear with the right characteristics is good, for exmaple

*Joggers-marginally faster, quiter on hard surfaces, less durable

*Generic boots -marginally slower, louder impact on hard surfaces, but more durable

*Hunting/military boots, quiet, durable

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 2

Spikes are good for racing -field athletics- and thats about it. Spikes have horrible traction on most other surfaces, i know because the only time i've fallen and injured myself was with spikes and i spit my chin open.

Footwear with the right characteristics is good, for exmaple

*Joggers-marginally faster, quiter on hard surfaces, less durable

*Generic boots -marginally slower, louder impact on hard surfaces, but more durable

*Hunting/military boots, quiet, durable

I think something like this is a necessity. spikes would be cool imo but basic stuff like this is more important.

I'm not convinced that any shoes will dramatically increase speed, of course traction is important and trying to sprint on grass while wearing stilettoes is gonna be slower than running on a road in trainers.

But shoes types will affect noise levels, soft rubber soled slippers will be much quieter than say leather heeled dress shoes for example. I think this aspect along with durability will have a more meaningful impact on gameplay.

Edited by (MUC) Feral

Yeah we need more trendy shoes! Also add socks or you can get blisters/foot fungus.