Sign in to follow this  
freejulian

Rope and Climbing

I can't even count how many times I've been trapped by zombies on roofs, in the top floor of a house, or just being chased by a horde. I think that in Standalone we should have rope or some type of climbing rope so that you can repel down from out of a window of a house or even be able to climb a tree and hide in some branches and use the rope to keep yourself secure so as not to fall. Because if you have a broken leg or are stalking someone you're not going want to be laying on the ground waiting to be killed. So why not add a way to hide? So that you can survive longer. Just a thought. Let me know what you think.

• Like 6

There was an Arma 2 mod I played years ago where you could actually use grappling hooks to climb steep hills and walls, it actually worked surprisingly well although in true Arma style the animations looked halarious.

Here's an example from Project Reality, my fave Arma 2 mod EVER:

FINDNG CORRECT VID, PLEASE STAND BY - Edit, can't find it I give up.

HOW COOL IS THAT!

Steak, you gotta get that added to your mod dammit.

Edited by Fraggle

That's Battlefield 2 LOL.

• Like 2

lol, wrong link hold tight. This is gonna drive me fekkin bonkers, i was looking at it the other day for something else.

Edit, I give up it's too late to trawl through YT. My point is it can be done because I've tried it, although it was slightly buggy like most things in Arma 2 :)

I can;t remember the mod it was used in but i think it was Project Reality (not the BF version :/).

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

Hmm it seems pretty cool, ropes\wires are pretty common in almost everywhere and the possible use of them for rappeling or climbing is pretty damm fine for me, I would love something like that in the SA.

being able to find either a legit climbing harness/ utility harness, or some webbing to create a makeshift harness would be sweet to go along with rope

There was an Arma 2 mod I played years ago where you could actually use grappling hooks to climb steep hills and walls, it actually worked surprisingly well although in true Arma style the animations looked halarious.

Here's an example from Project Reality, my fave Arma 2 mod EVER:

FINDNG CORRECT VID, PLEASE STAND BY - Edit, can't find it I give up.

HOW COOL IS THAT!

Steak, you gotta get that added to your mod dammit.

Thanks for the support homie!! Send it up if you can! Cause I'd love to see something like this in standalone.

defs need climbing gear... imagine using it for offensive purposes and storming a building from the roof when the occupants/suspected bandits are not looking.. that would be special

• Like 1

as long as it was a very simple add to gameplay I'd say hell yes add some ropes

• Like 1

This isn't to be rude, just to make sure misinformation isn't spread, it is "rappel" not "repel". Edit:: Also, full support.

Edited by Sia
  • Like 1

*Me if i attempt to climb rope*

"Alight...finally almost to the roof of this church so I can get the bandit on the hospital"

*snap snap*

"Please no...."

*rope breaks. I only fall one foot but I break my legs and lose half my blood anyway*

If ropes are added to the game I am sure everyone will enjoy them. Expect for me and my horrible luck!