sabre05

Infections

That was me being condescending by the way. As for insulting, I have merely pointed out that people have failed to read my previous posts.

I believe that being condescending and being insulting are pretty darn similar.

But because of your demeanor, you have people laughing at you instead of taking your ideas seriously.

Ya better check yourself before you wreck yourself

Talk about leaps of logic, if i understand you're saying.

I can shoot players in the face in a video game. Therefore I can come onto a forum, not in the heat of the game, where there are specific rules that regulate content, where discussion is the main objective as opposed to playing a game, and swear and conduct myself as I please?

Could you clarify that?

I'm discussing that the infection as it stands is fucking stupid. I swear because I'm angry at it, I conduct myself quite well to be honest, I haven't been calling people cunts, niggers, faggots, jews or any other racist or otherwise names. I'm expressing my displeasure at a good mechanic packaged stupidly whilst using colourful language. If you find cuss words offensive don't click on the topic again? I don't intend on censoring myself because some people dislike 'naughty' words. It's up to you to avoid or ignorr the words you don't like.

I believe that being condescending and being insulting are pretty darn similar.

But because of your demeanor, you have people laughing at you instead of taking your ideas seriously.

Ya better check yourself before you wreck yourself

Congratulations, you have determined that condescension and insults are much akin to each other. Did you figure that out all by yourself? As for people laughing at me, I don't give a shit. They can laugh all they want. Doesn't affect me. I'm laughing at the execution of the infection mechanic.

Congratulations, you have determined that condescension and insults are much akin to each other. Did you figure that out all by yourself? As for people laughing at me, I don't give a shit. They can laugh all they want. Doesn't affect me. I'm crying at the execution of the infection mechanic.

Maybe it would have been smarter to post this with a more level head?

Your anger and bad attitude will solve nothing.

If you find cuss words offensive don't click on the topic again? I don't intend on censoring myself because some people dislike 'naughty' words. It's up to you to avoid or ignorr the words you don't like.

No. You don't have free speech on this forum. There are terms and conditions, i suggest you read them.

Maybe it would have been smarter to post this with a more level head?

Your anger and bad attitude will solve nothing.

No, my anger solves nothing, the developers should though. My anger shows that I have passion for this game and to see it get fucked in the ass like a 6 year old sex slave annoys the shit out of me. As for my attitude, people fail to read, take my words out of context or give them their own. I'm going to call them idiots, in one form or another. Simple as that.

No. You don't have free speech on this forum. There are terms and conditions, i suggest you read them.

ARMA 2 is a Pegi 18+, by extension DayZ is too, by extension the forum must be too. 18+ year olds can't swear? Fuck it. If I get banned for it I won't come back to the forum. Simple as. Swear words are words. Nothing more, nothing less. Get off your high horse.

ARMA 2 is a Pegi 18+, by extension DayZ is too, by extension the forum must be too.

There's those leaps of logic again. +18 also has nothing to do with free speech, it's a content warning and that's it. Also in no way relates to what you can say on seperate forums.

Edited by Trizzo

There's those leaps of logic again. +18 also has nothing to do with free speech, it's a content warning and thats it. Also in no way relates to what you can say on a seperate forums.

ARMA II ratings_search_synopsis_sm.png

Share on facebookShare on emailShare on twitterShare on printMore Sharing Services

Platform: Windows PC

Rating Category:

top10_m.gif

Content Descriptors: Blood, Mild Sexual Themes, Strong Language, Violence

Hey, lets ban the game because it contains strong language! Herp derp.

ARMA 2 is a Pegi 18+, by extension DayZ is too, by extension the forum must be too. 18+ year olds can't swear? Fuck it. If I get banned for it I won't come back to the forum. Simple as. Swear words are words. Nothing more, nothing less. Get off your high horse.

Flaming:

Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Use common sense while posting.

We want to show this website to our mums.

Don't justify yourself without even reading these posts, you are wrong here. The game and the forum are two separate entities so you can't use one or the other to make your point. And all that your anger is showing is that you are not one to be taken seriously, but obviously myself and the other posters here have been unable to convince you of that, and probably will not be able to. If you want the devs to do something, I recommend asking in a more civil manner. If you don't fine; but don't expect anything to come out of this thread.

ARMA II ratings_search_synopsis_sm.png

Share on facebookShare on emailShare on twitterShare on printMore Sharing Services

Platform: Windows PC

Rating Category:

top10_m.gif

Content Descriptors: Blood, Mild Sexual Themes, Strong Language, Violence

Hey, lets ban the game because it contains strong language! Herp derp.

Why would we ban the game because it contains strong langauge? The distiction which you have missed three times now is that you are on a private forum, with rules as part of singing up. If you violate the terms and conditions you can expect a response. It's pretty easy.

Don't justify yourself without even reading these posts, you are wrong here.

Sorry, when have I partook in Defamation? Harassment? Or abuse? I've been condescending to people who seem to lack the ability to proof-read this thread, that's it.

Why would we ban the game because it contains strong langauge? The distiction which you have missed three times now is that you are on a private forum, with rules as part of singing up. If you violate the terms and conditions you can expect a response. It's pretty easy.

Private, with a free sign-up to anyone? Now there's an oxymoron. Edited by sabre05

Sorry, when have I partook in Defamation? Harassment? Or abuse? I've been condescending to people who seem to lack the ability to proof-read this thread, that's it.

You've been insulting other players here, I'd call that abuse. I didn't say your were doing everything in those quotes. I also saw you left out the quote about 'showing this site to our mums', which is something that I can't do now, so I have to think of another present for next year's mother's day.

In short, thanks a lot for that.

Private, with a free sign-up to anyone? Now there's an oxymoron.

Not an oxymoron because privacy is not defined by a sign up cost or ease of entry.

This isn't the public square, there are terms and conditions. Missed for a fourth time.

Edited by Trizzo

You've been insulting other players here, I'd call that abuse. I didn't say your were doing everything in those quotes. I also saw you left out the quote about 'showing this site to our mums', which is something that I can't do now, so I have to think of another present for next year's mother's day.

In short, thanks a lot for that.

I don't know about you, but my mum swears like a fucking builder. She most certainly would not be offended by some 'rude' words.

Now, I'm going to bed, so I'll let you flick your beans over who's wrong or what ever. But you haven't seemed to have sifted through my compassion towards this game in the form of angry rants to find my points so I shall reiterate them now. For the evidently simple minded folk. The Infection that kills eventually with such a slim chance of a cure is laughable. Surely it would be more balance and more fun to make the zombies themselves hit harder to do roughly 250 blood damage per hit on top of reducing the infection to disperse from your bloodstream after 4000 blood has been removed. Or failing that, keep the infection as it is, but boost the spawn chance from 2% and perhaps give zombies a chance to drop the antibiotics. Because y'know. People would have carried medicine around before dying. Happy now that There was no cursing or ranting in there? Hmm?

• Like 1

I think I'm actually gonna stop posting, this topic's gone off the rails.

abandon thread

Edit: Sabre ninja'ing my posts all up in here

Edited by Clumzy
  • Like 1

Now, I'm going to bed, so I'll let you flick your beans over who's wrong or what ever. But you haven't seemed to have sifted through my compassion towards this game in the form of angry rants to find my points so I shall reiterate them now. For the evidently simple minded folk. The Infection that kills eventually with such a slim chance of a cure is laughable. Surely it would be more balance and more fun to make the zombies themselves hit harder to do roughly 250 blood damage per hit on top of reducing the infection to disperse from your bloodstream after 4000 blood has been removed. Or failing that, keep the infection as it is, but boost the spawn chance from 2% and perhaps give zombies a chance to drop the antibiotics. Because y'know. People would have carried medicine around before dying. Happy now that There was no cursing or ranting in there? Hmm?

Happy? YES! Not ecstatic but certainly better off. Anger and piss poor syntax make it hard to find the 'compassion'.

If you started with this it would have been better. It's not our responsibility to sift through shit to find your gold.

And golly when you tried you gave some pretty reasonable suggestions. 2% antibiotics seems reasonable. That was the old AS50-M107 spawn me thinks? And i found bugger all of them stone cold from loot, it would be a good starting point. Zombies hitting harder is always a good idea. And lessen the chance of infection but offset this with an increase in the zombie damage? This a fresh idea if im not mistaken, one i could support.

Edited by Trizzo

You used the word "fuck" 9 times in your first paragraph which wasn't even that big.

And in total with the other things you typed you have said the word "fuck" 34 times.

You trying to set a record or something? Do you think about sex a lot? Are you just really flukking angry?

Well don't worry you are not much better then me because I just took the time out of my day to count the amount of "fucks" in this thread. :blush:

Anyways have a flukking great flukking day you motherflukker you!

Edited by harley001

@ OP

If you can't use "Enter" on the forum, copy/paste from Notepad.

A solid wall of rambling pish doesn't do your point any favours, in case you hadn't noticed.

Completely agree. When I get infected I usually have one of my friends off me then come pick me up rather than waste time prolonging the inevitable and trying to find antibiotics. I agree that they should have made the zombies harder since 1.6 and that this is more "realistic" but this is ridiculous. For the sake of game play they need to address this in the next hot fix, cause I don't even like playing anymore. Which is saying something cause I went from like 5+ hours a day to "eff this, I'm done" after 20 minutes. Game has been nearly ruined IMHO.

• Like 2

Completely agree. When I get infected I usually have one of my friends off me then come pick me up rather than waste time prolonging the inevitable and trying to find antibiotics. I agree that they should have made the zombies harder since 1.6 and that this is more "realistic" but this is ridiculous. For the sake of game play they need to address this in the next hot fix, cause I don't even like playing anymore. Which is saying something cause I went from like 5+ hours a day to "eff this, I'm done" after 20 minutes. Game has been nearly ruined IMHO.

My sentiments exactly. I've spent nearly a thousand hours on this game, then I took a 3 month break from it. Came back to find it ruined. So I was pissed. Hence the swearing, but golly gosh it is so frustrating to have such a good game get anally molested by a good mechanic executed disgustingly wrong.

Imo infection must be able to be spread with every hit and there must be no cure for it but some ways to slow it down. "THEN" I'd call this game an "APOCALYPSE".

Imo infection must be able to be spread with every hit and there must be no cure for it but some ways to slow it down. "THEN" I'd call this game an "APOCALYPSE".

The infection we get isn't the zombie infection, so I don't think I'd like that. I personally liked how it was back in 1.7.7, since I was usually able to avoid zombie hits most of the time.