Sign in to follow this  
usspfnorman

Yet another low fps post

I havent played for a few weeks and i was getting around 20-40 fps in dayz. Then I decided to see how the new changes were and get back up to date. So i install the latest patch and install 6 launcher to update dayz. Now i get 5-15 fps and random 2-5 second freezes every few minutes. I know my computer isn't the best anymore but I dont understand why it would change so drastically.

Specs

E8400 oc'd to 4.01

2- 9800gtx gpus in sli oc'd to 800mhz

8 gigs ddr2

980i mobo

32 inch hannspree hd monitor

I get the same thing. I'm not sure if my regular fps has gone lower, but the 2-5 seconds freezes every like 30 seconds are unbearable.

Nvidia GTX 570

4 gigs of ram, 4

Intel Core2 6600 processor.

see what happens to me is that whenever i get near buildings. my fps constantly gets lower and lower. i can walk into them with about 40+ fps, then after like 30 seconds of being in the same building, my fps just slowly and slowly gets worse, and even if i walk away, it stays horrible. and my pc isint the best, but ik it should be abel to run this fine.

AMD phenom II X6 1100T @ 3.30GHz oc'd to 3.60GHz

ATI 5850

8 gigs of ddr3 ram

Throughout all fps troubleshooting i've done myself and have seen other players go through, if you have a half decent rig it has nearly always turned out to be server related

the guys I play with have their own server now

I have had varied fps, but normally hopped round until I got good results. Meaning if fps are good on one server but not the next, then it's not your PC. More than likely the server is having issues of some sort or needs a restart

the guys I play with who run the server have seen the same thing... eventually fps start dropping on the server after a while, restart the server, problem solved

so, to ask the obvious... have you tried different servers? low ping does not guarantee good performance if the server is struggling. I've connected to server with a ping of 30ms and seen crap performance, whereas a server with 120ms will run smooth as hell.

It all depends on how that server is coping at that time

Throughout all fps troubleshooting i've done myself and have seen other players go through' date=' if you have a half decent rig it has nearly always turned out to be server related

the guys I play with have their own server now

I have had varied fps, but normally hopped round until I got good results. [b']Meaning if fps are good on one server but not the next, then it's not your PC. More than likely the server is having issues of some sort or needs a restart

the guys I play with who run the server have seen the same thing... eventually fps start dropping on the server after a while, restart the server, problem solved

so, to ask the obvious... have you tried different servers? low ping does not guarantee good performance if the server is struggling. I've connected to server with a ping of 30ms and seen crap performance, whereas a server with 120ms will run smooth as hell.

It all depends on how that server is coping at that time

Hi mate just wondering what rig you run?

atm im running:

nvidia GTX550 TI

4gb ram

3GHz AMD quad core Phenom

current nvidia driver version 301.42

I seemed to be getting better frames on an older patch, but had just recently updated to the latest drivers to see if they were working any better. I do see what you mean with it being linked to the server your in, but i dont believe this accounts for 100% of fps drops. I can play battlefield 3 on high details on all and stay above 40 frames a second and never drop below. But on this game even on a good server which my friends are telling me is running great to them, is running horrificly bad for me. Sometimes i dont even get 5 FPS. YES 5 FPS. I tell you its absolutely ridiculous. Had this bad fps issue the entire time ive played this. Going to try to run a arma 2 server and see if my frames are still horrible, i think its just happening on DayZ. I hope they will start at acknowledge this unplayable FPS mess because SOME (most i think) are having terrible fps ALOT. People will be just as quick to throw you under the bus as they have been to buy your game if it doesnt run to a standard thats supposed to be, please have people dedicated to find out why alot of people are having a terrible game experience due to these god damn fps drops.

here's my spec, not brilliant but works good enough for me

I am looking at upgrading cpu soon though

HDD: 1TB Sata

Mobo: Acer G43T-M

CPU: Intel Q8300 quad 2.5

RAM: 6GB

Gfx: Gainward GT440 1gb ddr5

Cooling: Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 Rev 2

PSU: Corsair 500w

Connection: 80mbps down 20mbps up

I've also has instances on terrible fps at around the 5 mark, but changing servers always sorted it for me

It being mainly a server problem makes sense. I only tried two different servers last night. I'll have to try some others and see which ones work.

Well it's server related for sure... (or patch related?). I got a pretty good PC (i7 OC 4.5ghz/Gtx590/16go ram/Arma2 on a SSD) and my fps drops below 20 everytime i aggro some zombies in a town... After a server restart, it gets back to normal for a while!

it's either a server problem or the zombie searching behaviour glitch. please read the 1.7.1.5 hotfixes in the dayz announcements topic :)

Well I finally found a server that would get me 20-30 fps but every few minutes I'd get a lag spike from hell. Also had a zombie get attracted to me while I was crouched bout a 100 meters away so that was awesome.

Latest Nvidia drivers 3xx made my FPS drop to around 5. Reverting to 2.9x fixed it for me.

Apart from that the zombies seem to cause a lot of lag when searching for you, apparently this will be fixed in next patch.

Nvidia driver 301.42 keeps making FPS drop down to 10fps.I reload the driver and its back to 35 to 40 and slowly drops again.Its not Dayz mod since it drops in normal OA also.Just putting this out there in case it helps anyone.

Right now I am reverting to 295.73