Sign in to follow this  
DayZ1337 (DayZ)

What happens when DayZ is out of alpha?

I have a question, I'm not sure I want to buy Arma 3 because I really only bought Arma in the first place just to play DayZ. So anyways, question is when Arma 3 comes out will there still be servers for Arma 2 operation arrowhead? Or will it be gone?

Let me just jump into my time-travelling machine.

Brb!

GREAT SCOTT

I am willing to bet if this community continues to grow, and the popularity keeps stable, we could see Day Z code ported into Arma 3. If Day Z has sold 100k+ copies of Arma 2, it would probably serve as a significant bump in Arma 3 sales.

Not to mention even better visuals than I already have.

Wishful thinking...

Most old games have servers still running. I'm sure there will be DayZ servers on Arma2: OA. However, most people do migrate to the newest games, so while people will still play Arma 2 DayZ, most will play A3.

Once this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're going to see some serious shit!

I am reasonably certain they have actually tested at least some of dayz in the current version of arma 3...

That being said I am not sure about how dayz's release schedule from Alpha to beta compares to when Arma 3 is released.

Arma 3 devs said that after E3 they would start talking more about an alpha or beta for arma 3 being released.

So, yeah....ummmm.....We shall find out soon enough...

I am willing to bet if this community continues to grow' date=' and the popularity keeps stable, we could see Day Z code ported into Arma 3. If Day Z has sold 100k+ copies of Arma 2, it would probably serve as a significant bump in Arma 3 sales.

Not to mention [b']even better visuals than I already have.

Wishful thinking...

dayz accounted for 20% of arma 2's total lifetime sales. Or so I heard, the other week.