Hunter5

Bring back the Rare food.

Rocket, you commented on twitter the other day that food was the rarest commodity in Day Z. Bring it back.

I never loved this game so much or felt so desperate after a spawn.

A friend and I sat in a building and we debated who got the only food we found in all of cherno. A can of coke, and pasta.

I won. I watched my friend starve to death before we made it to the next town.

Never loved this game more.

food is rare as it is, in all of cherno I only found 3 or 4 cans of food, and its also used to get blood back.

Kind of made me laugh. Food is pretty rare now, after they increased the spawn chance of common weapons/ammo, you find more ammo, or even guns without ammo than food.

I actually haven't had more fun in a few weeks than I did when 1.7.1.1 came out.

No food, no drinks, so I had to kill zombies and harvest food off of them. The lifesaver was finding a water bottle on one of them; with that, and some hunting gear, me and a friend were able to get by through hunting in the woods, searching deer stands for gear, and resupplying our precious water at lakes.

That's what I mean! Food at 1.7.1.1 was awesome.

TBH: I loved that the food was rare and you started with no loot. It made finding anything really really nice. You felt relieved to find food and water.

Fully agree with you guys - I actually had to engage zombies in the hopes they'd drop food/water. It was, nerve wrecking.

Was waiting for someone to make a topic about this (being too lazy).

When there was the bug with absolutely ZERO food, a new found friend and I had new objectives that caused us to really explore the game and PLAY the game as a survival.

No longer were we thinking "Hey, let's shoot that guy and take his frank and beans!" - because we knew he would unlikely have anything. We were completely focused on finding food and water - mostly water. We would delve into the dangerous parts of town and root through god damned everything to find supplies. No longer just a case of nipping into Chero to get the goods and getting the hell outta there. We had to stay or else we'd perish. We didn't care about a new gun, or more ammo, or a car. We just wanted sustenance.

Ofcourse, we knew where we could inevitably find food. Animals could be found, we;d ust need to root about a bit more to find some tools, after we'd got a water bottle or some coke.

Then the interesting dynamic came. We realised that zombies drop loot. We had to dispatch small groups of zombies whenever we could. Not farming them, no. We didn't have much ammo so it was something very considered. We found a water bottle and two cokes to share between us and went on our merry way to hunt animals. Usually I get bored of finding them after 10 minutes, but we spent 45 minutes scouring fields (in the pitch black, might I add) hoping we'd find an animal.

This made the game really great fun. People were concerned with surviving, and the water bottle became the number one thing we wanted.

Would Rocket perhaps consider purposely recreating a world like this, where again, there is so very little sustenance to be found?