shemashko

Frustrated of DayZ? Play ArmA 2!

Sometimes people get too angry playing this game. So why not take a little coffee break and play what ArmA 2 has to offer other than DayZ! It's a great time to do so with the patches having a few little problems that tend to twitch our nerves!

Take a good look at Project Reality for ArmA 2, where people can get a little nice glimpse of team co-ordinated battles in public servers. Invasion 1944, a WW2 mod for those enthusiasts(and I know many of you are!) to try out bundles of weapons, cars, tanks, and airplanes! World War 2 not your type? Prefer other stuff? Well complain no more Armaholic has everything you want in ArmA!

Just bringing a little joy in the forums since everyone has been pretty douchey lately due to all the problems with the patches recently. As rocket does his best to solve many of these issues please consider my alternatives! DayZ is great and ArmA 2 outside of DayZ is great also!

• Like 1

Sometimes people get too angry playing this game. So why not take a little coffee break and play what ArmA 2 has to offer other than DayZ! It's a great time to do so with the patches having a few little problems that tend to twitch our nerves!

Take a good look at Project Reality for ArmA 2' date=' where people can get a little nice glimpse of team co-ordinated battles in public servers. Invasion 1944, a WW2 mod for those enthusiasts(and I know many of you are!) to try out bundles of weapons, cars, tanks, and airplanes! World War 2 not your type? Prefer other stuff? Well complain no more Armaholic has everything you want in ArmA!

Just bringing a little joy in the forums since everyone has been pretty douchey lately due to all the problems with the patches recently. As rocket does his best to solve many of these issues please consider my alternatives! DayZ is great and ArmA 2 outside of DayZ is great also!

[/quote']

Good to see more good spirit on the forums =p. And yeah, agree with you 100%.

I agree with this, I like to practice on Domination and Wasteland.

Agreed, The most fun I have had in Arma 2 is playing around in the easy to use built in editor creating my own little scenarios. One can get lost in there. Cant wait for Arma 3.

ArmA 2? Isn't that just the engine that DayZ runs on? I paid $30 for this and it should work damnit!

;)

How old are you? You paid $30 for ArmA 2. DayZ Is not a game.

Think he was just being sarcastic there haha! I've managed to get a whole lot of my buddies into some awesome I44 and got them a little into realism (almost there to fully converting them).

Bennys Warfare for Arma2 is a blast if you want some full scale action which will most likely get your pc at the max. Also get J.S.R.S Soundmod+WarFX Mod for better Effects!

I found Arma 2 through dayz and am really enjoying it.

Very steep learning curve and some gut wrenching bugs/AI but a rough diamond of a game. Some moment of total gaming nirvana even in the campaign.

I agree with this' date=' I like to practice on Domination and Wasteland.

[/quote']

Wasteland? Gotta tell me more about that!

Server = Tactical Gamer Bravo server

Mods = @ACE - @ACRE - @TGMaps

Mission = MSO PATROL OPS 425

Awesome fun !!!

Yes. Even just shooting your friend without repercussions is priceless!

i play Dayz a lot but im playing ACE with my clan since we had Arma for a while

wasteland and PR sound cool.

anyone know the name of the Arma 2 mod or game mode that allows a group of guys to play as attacking side to find intel and capture areas? Is this insurgency? And if it is what is the setup to allow player to join OpFor?

So basically you have a large group of human BlueFor players and a few 2-3 Opfor players. The Opfor force is much larger of course and AI controlled except for the 2-3 players who can jump around to any AI not engaged.

I loved playing this mode last year, but it seemed to be rare along with actual PVP type servers. This at least had some element of player vs player if setup to allow players to join OpFor.

You can filter for dao.nu valhalla. That PVP server was very popular (untill about 6-8 months ago, it seemed to have died a bit).

You had to capture flags there and got money for it, also by killing enemies and destroying their vehicles. With the money you made, you were able to buy new gear and vehicles.

kwhy; yeah that could be insurgency. Youtube for Project Reality mod insurgency, their gamemode is very fun, but there's also seperate insurgency missions that don't require a mod I believe.

I can't play Arma without the ACE mod anymore! :D

Highly recommended, even if it may take a while to understand all the new features. The popular "Domination!" mission is a good way to do so and is even fun to play alone if no one else is currently available.

I further use the JSRS sound mod and Blastcore_Visuals for some eye candy.

Just check some of the videos of Dslyecxi (the "pFNG Strike at Aliabad" is quite epic)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dslyecxi

or CHKilroy, whom many of you should know for the "Days ahead" series,

http://www.youtube.com/user/CHKilroy

to see the possibilities of this game.

Oh and the easy to use editor was always since good ol' Flashpoint a great time sink for me!

I love watching Shacktac videos! They're astounding and filled with awesome in every single video!

Bennys Warfare for Arma2 is a blast if you want some full scale action which will most likely get your pc at the max. Also get J.S.R.S Soundmod+WarFX Mod for better Effects!

Warfare BE has been my second addiction. I get frustrated playing DayZ and I go and wipe the field in warfare. Its VERY fun with the combinaiton of PvP and PvE...