Sign in to follow this  
Cole416

Making Day-Z Run Smoothly?

I currently have a

PNY Technologies - GeForce 210 Graphic Card - 1 GB DDR3 SDRAM - PCI Express 2.0

and a Compaq CQ5210F PC

AMD Athlon II X2 215 Dual-Core processor

What could help? Getting a better Graphic Card? Please help.

When I load up Day-Z it is really slow and laggy even before I join a server. Would getting a new graphics card solve the problem?

A new card would solve it but the dayz mod has some fps issues like some severs are really bad and you can stuck at like 10fps no matter what you do. Arma is a wonky game when it comes to fps.

A new card would solve it but the dayz mod has some fps issues like some severs are really bad and you can stuck at like 10fps no matter what you do. Arma is a wonky game when it comes to fps.

No it's not. It's just ran differently than most games. Arma 2 is a combat simulator for army training purposes. its meant for beefy machines, not a computer you get on sale from wall-mart/target. If you want a PC Cole416 Let me know, give me your budget and i can custom build a PC to that price, note 678.00 is probably the lowest i can do, unless there is a weekend sale, or some type of holiday deal. then maybe a bit lower but 650$ is minimum of what your looking at for a good PC.

arma 2 is huge, arma 2 entire game setup runs off of files called PBO files, your Hard drive has to index those files, if you have a 7200rpm Hard drive, that is not fast enough at all. Now everything you see and touch in arma/dayz is ran through those PBO files, if your harddrive can't process the data fast enough your gonna experience FALSE fps issues,the reason i say false is because most games do not, and when i say most games i really fing mean most games almost about 90% of whats made today is nothing like this. Hard Drives usually dont have very much impact on any shooter game i've ever played, but arma 2 is quite different, seeing how arma 2 runs off indexing those pbo files inorder to play the game, your HDD has to be fast enough for it. i suggest you get a 120gb SSD the lowest quaility SSD is 2 times faster than a 7200rpm HDD, so the best/worst, it's gonna make a huge difference either way.

No it's not. It's just ran differently than most games. Arma 2 is a combat simulator for army training purposes. its meant for beefy machines, not a computer you get on sale from wall-mart/target. If you want a PC Cole416 Let me know, give me your budget and i can custom build a PC to that price, note 678.00 is probably the lowest i can do, unless there is a weekend sale, or some type of holiday deal. then maybe a bit lower but 650$ is minimum of what your looking at for a good PC.

arma 2 is huge, arma 2 entire game setup runs off of files called PBO files, your Hard drive has to index those files, if you have a 7200rpm Hard drive, that is not fast enough at all. Now everything you see and touch in arma/dayz is ran through those PBO files, if your harddrive can't process the data fast enough your gonna experience FALSE fps issues,the reason i say false is because most games do not, and when i say most games i really fing mean most games almost about 90% of whats made today is nothing like this. Hard Drives usually dont have very much impact on any shooter game i've ever played, but arma 2 is quite different, seeing how arma 2 runs off indexing those pbo files inorder to play the game, your HDD has to be fast enough for it. i suggest you get a 120gb SSD the lowest quaility SSD is 2 times faster than a 7200rpm HDD, so the best/worst, it's gonna make a huge difference either way.

Alright, I've seen you say this a couple times on the forums now and it has actually prompted me to create an account just so i can reply to you. Will you please show us your source to back up these statements and claims. I've researched what you've been saying for a bit now and the usual result is that SSDs do NOT affect the in-game performance at all. Yes, it will speed up the initial loading time but aside from that, having Arma2 and DayZ on an SSD will make no noticeable difference on the FPS in-game. SSDs are still pretty expensive and players should not be advised to buy one to increase their frames per second because it doesn't.

Edited by LikeASomebodyy

can you read? omg your quoting what im saying. tell me, why does a SSD increase faster load time? please i'd love to see if you even know

What you are implying in your statement above is that the reason why people have such shitty fps while playing(not loading) DayZ is because they don't have it and ArmA2 installed on an SSD. From the results I've seen through research, that is false unless you have a proper source or link to back it up with. You could have replied in a more helpful and explaining way but chose to reply immaturely because someone called you out on your claims.